It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: American travelers to be tracked and color coded.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Are you green, yellow, or red? If you're red, forget about flying in the U.S. Even with stiff resistance from airlines and privacy advocates, the U.S. government is pushing ahead with its plans to launch a vast computer system to track domestic travelers. The plan would apply a color code (a new color code) to all travelers for pre-screening at the gate.

From a Washingtonpost.com article: "The government will compel airlines and airline reservations companies to hand over all passenger records for scrutiny by U.S. officials, after failing to win cooperation in the program's testing phase. The order could be issued as soon as next month. Under the system, all travelers passing through a U.S. airport are to be scored with a number and a color that ranks their perceived threat to the aircraft. " [Edited on 12-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Are you green, yellow, or red? If you're red, ...
[Edited on 12-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

Better red than dead, I guess??

Yes, lot's happening re travel to and from the States. I understnad the US travel industry is very concerned about lost income? Thanx for the news lead Skeptic!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Police State all the way.

The US...IS becoming a Police state. It is in it's beginning stages of a Police State. All that needs to be done is another major terrorist threat and Martial Law to be declared overnight. The US will then be a Police State.

Basically Germany when Hitler got power.

If America can be made into a Police State...Then the world needs to fear it. Imagine with the technologies now, all the advanced science we have, manufacturing, and the sheer number of people in the US....Imagine the US going to war. Imagine if it was Hitler and not GWB and hitler had control of the sheeples and put them to work like he did in Germany. And America was one, Total Obedience. Force people into the Army....
Geez.

Anyways I see another Arms race happening in the world now

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I still say that somewhere down the line, this system that the goverment is going to put in place or attempt to put into place will be hacked, info will be changed and all hell will break loose

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So what keeps a terrorist from getting ID from someone who is able to fly? Nothing, 20 Million Mexicans get valid SSN cards all the time.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
New lows in the "No FLY LIST".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The article says in addition to everyone being branded a color, people will have numeric scores (kind of like your credit).

As much as I hate admitting I may be less credit worthy than a neighbor based on (god knows what), I refuse to think Americans need to be branded with computer modeling systems of % likely to take over airplanes and crash them into fields.

It's insulting thinking my grandfather's interest in flying and subscriptions to gun magazines may potentially make him a "7" terror threat, when some terrorist intentionally avoiding the radar remains a "ZERO".

It's a new low in civil liberties when downloading a damn Bob Seager song (I'm not a number) might mean you are a terror sympathizer.

Another question: What about TYPOS? Does having a name SIMILAR to terrorists make you a threat? It has for some already. If there's a GOD some terrorist named Katerina Harriz is suspect number 1, meaning Katherine Harris gets a well deserved cavity probe. There's probably a few thousand chads for Gore up there anyway.

This is a HUGE issue for me.

NO MODELING AND PUBLIC BRANDING!!!

new topics

top topics

join