It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because you can't get enough- Ouija!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've been thinkin' about using a Oujia board, But everyone says it's evil and evil spirits will haunt your house, Posses you, and eat the last Klondike bar and Yadda, yadda, yadda. I was thinking, can a board be used outside? Maybe In a parking lot or something? I do want to use one, even if it doesn't work, I want the experience, but how to go about it is still a bit of a problem to me, and automatic writing seems kind of dangerous, I dont know just the board seems more structured.
Thanks for the help -Joey

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If you're really interested in experimenting with one, you should find someone who is experienced and knows how to use it correctly. They would know the proper prayers of protection to keep evil spirits away during the experiment. I would definitely not just play around with it blindly.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am a practicing Buddhist, and I know the mantra of protection, But I'm thinking, because I meditate regularly, I might be more open to "Posession", but I might be able to fight it off more, and what about my theory of being outside, will that protect me, what about my totems?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well, If nobody has anything else to add, I guess i'll try it, I'll give a detailed report of what happens...or doesn't happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
After some well needed research into this subject this is what I found..

Several other professional ghost hunters have been speaking about the safety--and dangers--of Ouija boards. I would like to reply, and raise a few questions of my own.

Claim: If you use a Ouija board, you're asking for trouble.
Some professionals report that, when they're called to investigate a serious haunting, they almost always discover that the homeowner had used a Ouija board. Therefore, they warn against Ouija boards.

I would respectfully suggest that this is putting the cart before the horse.

If a haunting is severe enough to attract the attention of a professional ghost investigator or team, the homeowner has probably tried many other ways to deal with the problem... including local ghost hunters, folk remedies and Ouija boards.

In other words, the trouble was already there. The Ouija board is more often a symptom of a desperate situation, rather than its cause.

Claim: Psychics can be ghost hunters, but they shouldn't conduct seances, etc.

Rather than outright disagree, I would rather suggest that this is a semantic difference. Then again, maybe we're too picky... or even misguided.

The problem is rarely the seance, table tipping, Ouija board, automatic writing, or other divinatory method. Researchers should be wary of beliefs and attitudes rather than the tools and practices.

For many psychics, the tools--including Ouija boards, Tarot cards, and so on--are only slightly different than EMF meters and EVP recorders. (However, we readily agree that there's a big difference in the science of them.)

As long as you remain personally detached from the tools, the risks are generally minimal.

On the other hand, if anyone views the tools--even a voice recorder used for EVP--as "opening the door" to the unknown, the process becomes more invasive.

That's where you may find psychological and parapsychological risks.
Don't open spiritual doors
In general, I believe that investigators should avoid making any investigation personal.

Don't open any doors--mental or physical--for entities to "speak through." If the spirits want to communicate with you, it should be on the same terms as the living. We make it as easy as possible for them to speak to us through EVP, photos, and other measurable means.

Establish firm boundaries and know your limits
There are many shades of gray between scientific, external tools such as EMF meters and the very personal, psychic connection that many feel with Ouija boards and some other divinatory tools.

Some people induce the trance state to use a pendulum, Tarot cards, or a Ouija board. By definition, the trance state makes you vulnerable to suggestions outside yourself... and that includes messages and even commands from the spirit world.

The trance state should not be attempted by novice investigators, especially in haunted settings.

Some people also add personal, spiritual meaning to certain divinatory tools. For example, a ghost hunter may consider the Ryder Tarot deck safe but the Crowley "Thoth" deck dangerous.

Likewise, dowsing rods may seem safe because they can be used to detect water, oil, or natural gas. However, a Ouija board appears dangerous because its only purpose is to communicate with--or on behalf of--spirits.

I advise against Ouija boards as a research tool, but not because they're dangerous.

Do Ouija boards work? Who do they actually contact? Do they permanently open a door to entities that don't belong here, and could be dangerous?

Im not sure.
But, I don't believe that Ouija boards are dangerous. The risks begin when people use them as doorways to a realm that they don't fully understand and aren't able to close.

edit:spellcheck!

[edit on 093131p://3719 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've had one for years and I've never been possessed, never needed a exorcist and never had any magical doorways to other side open up and allow half of hell through. I honestly believe that if you are a fit mentally stable rational person then it will have no effect on you.
Don't forget that ouija was sold as a game by Parkers (out selling monopoly at one point!) and was used by hundreds of people, if an ouija board is so evil then why didn't all these people end up possessed or haunted or satans b*tches.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sorry double post!!!!!!! Maybe I am possessed and they made me press the post button twice!! dastardly evil spirts

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Don't forget that ouija was sold as a game by Parkers

Wayyy Heyyyyy! Here it is!

Ouija-tastic!

Although I'm sure someone will consider this to be part of the world domitation plan of the NWO to try and turn us all into the objects of Demonic possession and........dare I say it.........depravity!

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ok, well I took My brother, my friends and I to the local graveyard, and we started to oujia, and guess what happened...Nothing We were sitting on a large headstone, it was the previous governers, we asked if there were spirits around and stuff like that, and not even a twitch from the Planchette, so about an hour later we went home, it was pretty dull

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
can ouija make my relationship with satan better

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I never really got to play with a ouija board. But my twin brother contacted a 10 year old girl who died in the early 1900's and she wont leave him alone. The one time that i did use a ouija board, and i think this is the only time, i contacted the same girl. For some reason this girl seems to follow us around.

top topics

join