It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many U.F.O's spotted over Southampton . UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
Although Chorlton does throw the lantern theory around a lot i must defend him

I put him on ignore
I say look at each case without preconcieved ideas, and with an open mind, and you should find the truth. People who try and explain away every instance of ufos with some set answer is just worthless imo. Its clear they ignore any sign of extraterrestrial, and always have an mundane explanation no matter how bizzare. Its just like J. Allen Hynek explaining every sighting as swampgas and mass hallucination no matter what the circumstance. I ignore these types, as they contribute nothing but negativity and close-mindedness which gets us no where.

As for this video, it looks to be filmed off a tv screen. I think one forum member had it dead on in saying that its speed up video of ordinary planes.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Freezer]

i agree and both disagree , surely for a balanced discussion on all these topics we need the skeptics just as much as they need the believers.(without each other it would be madness) to present a balanced a view as possible?

myself call it a cop out but i like to sit on the fence soak up as much information as possible and arrive at my own conclusions, but surely everyones contribution is important to the overall discussion . regardless of their stand point , even if they defend it a little to vemonously at times.

even tho you are open minded you are more open minded to the possibilies of UFO's (as am i tbh) but all views are important.

*Additional* - even tho i think this footage is great i am also leaning towards the possiblity that this is an airport/airbase and certain sections have been speeded up to hoax the audience..

and why is all space/ufo footage really shoddy ?(probably because 99.9% is a hoax/fake)

have u seen Virgin Galactics website and flash movie of there test runs ? the pictures of space/earth are awesome and so sharp.

VIRGIN GALACTIC

so why every footage that NASA release seem grainy etc etc ? i mean they gotta have more resources than branson? ( probably one of the most talked about nasa images is the 12 mile tether with big ufo's flying behind it? yet its very poor quality??...WHY?)

i pray for the day someone captures these visitors clearly.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Two things to remember when watching this video are:

1) Eastleigh airport is only a few miles outside of Southampton city centre. Aircraft taking off and landing at the airport fly very low over the city centre. The airspace for aircraft to hold for landing is very tight with Portsmouth (A military naval city with controlled airspace) to the East and London with its three major airports to the North. Therefore aircraft waiting to land at Eastleigh are usually stacked very tightly over the Solent (the sea) or over salisbury to the west.
Either way airspace is tight and a tight holding pattern of aircraft speeded up could be what we are seeing here.

2)Southampton is a coastal city and less than 5 minutes flying time from the old HMS Daedelus air base in Portsmouth. This airbase is now no longer a military airfield however it is still used by the Solent coastguard helicopter. This helicopter often carries out night time exercises during which it uses it searchlight along the beaches and coastline.
This could well be another element of the video, with the light being shone onto the ground.

I am still open minded about the videos authenticity. However please bear these things in mind when forming any judgement.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Right im not usually one to even try and debunk UFOs i myself have witnessed a UFO very very close up which i have mentioned on ATS before.

However being a ex military man this video really reminds me of something i have seen many times. To me it looks like a formation of helicopters and the ones at the rear are coming in at a oblique angle ie if you imagine them coming in at a very slight angled NW position. The light remains to be seen as coming from direct in front. Then the 2 rear choppers swing to their left and vear off in a different direction.

Im a big believer in UFOs but that was just my first thought when watching this vid

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Very proabable Saint, great contribution.
I could certainly buy your theory as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Very proabable Saint, great contribution.
I could certainly buy your theory as well.

Saint and avriel both provide plausable situations for this footage star for you avriel..

as much info is needed as possible on each and every sighting.!!!

but like i always say it only takes 1 to be true and its miller time!!! lets keep the views coming!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Reading the saints theory and noticing in the original thread that it was filmed in August 2005 alarm bells began sounding in my head.
Southampton is on the coast of the Solent in the South of England. During the Summer of 2005 the Solent was the focus of the Trafalger 200 celebrations (Celebrating 200 years since the battle of Trafalger). In June the Solent held a fleet review with ships from the Royal Navy and Navies from all around the world. During this celebration a huge fly past of aircraft from throughout history flew along the solent in formation in order to be reviewed by the queen.
That weekend in June saw helicopters flying between ships all day and night almost non stop, ferrying military personel between warships.
It could well be that this video was filmed during that weekend and not in August.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join