It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heathrow legal barricades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Heathrow puts up legal barricades to keep away protesters
If you're a member of the National Trust, the RSPB, the Woodland Trust or Friends of the Earth, then you could be banned from Britain's biggest airport. And the Piccadilly line. And parts of Paddington station. And sections of the M4. All because the authorities want to halt a protest against climate change...

news.independent.co.uk...

How many people have donated to National Trust and other places mentioned?This is crazy.These places send leaflets out in childrens magazines.Does this mean that if a child joined R.S.P.B.
that they will be on the no-fly list?The things mentioned in this article are beyond belief.

Mod Edit: External Quote.

[edit on 27/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

CX

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Thats unbelievable tracey.

I have dontated, might have even joined the RSPB in the past for my kids, as have many thousands of people across Britain.

I'd like to think they will backtrack on this before they realise how much hassle this is going to cause.

CX.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If you heard william cooper years ago you will of heard him speak of things like this. He said that people would be locked into zones, and not be able to move outside those areas, in years to come. Thats of course when the money is in the microchip etc...

The things are going to get alot worse, because uk population and others never spoke out when things were happening in isolated cases, now the governments will go after everyone. People had there chance to stop these things years ago, but what will be will be.

Its amazing that people still claim uk is not a police state, it sure is getting that way. I say it is already, just that its not in peoples faces, but it will be, it will be.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
If you heard william cooper years ago you will of heard him speak of things like this. He said that people would be locked into zones, and not be able to move outside those areas, in years to come. Thats of course when the money is in the microchip etc...Its amazing that people still claim uk is not a police state, it sure is getting that way. I say it is already, just that its not in peoples faces, but it will be, it will be.

You do talk some twaddle

Heathrow is the worlds busiest airport and we are coming up to its busiest period.

Do YOU fancy missing a flight and holiday that you had saved up for and waited 50 weeks to enjoy because of some tree hugging dimwit protesting about Airports and aircraft emissions?

Its fine sitting in your armchair nodding your head when the halfwits go on about airplane pollution on TV but do you think about it when you are sipping a beer 30,000 feet in the air on your way to Malaga or Trinidad or Australia?.

I suspect if Heathrow does get a ban it will only be a short term one.
Remember the police already have powers to break up any unauthorised gathering over 4 persons if they so wish.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Might be short term, but if they get this, and ban upto 5 million people, that is going to cost them is it not. Kinda ridiculous banning people, just because they protest again airport or aircraft emissions.

Kinda stupid banning someone just because they have donated to a chrity or are part off greepeace or any other enviromental organisation. Think these at the head of these Airports, have let their authority go to their heads. Maybe it is about time people who use these airports remind those in charge. Who pays their wages, pays for their homes etc. The Customers that is who. Their business will bite if they think they can bully people around like this.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thank you Chorlton

This is the UK after all and i dount it going to get that bad - Its the media spin turning this into something this isnt. Lets face it if you know H/row then you will know that you arnt going to get inside the perimiter road without authorisation if they shut the place up.

I should know I was there on 7/7 and the Saracens were out in force - something Ive not seen since Belfast in the 80s. This is all a build up to nothing - bit like the Live Earth gig when all the stars flew into Northolt to tell us all not to fly.

Hype Hype and more Hype

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yea well protestors protest.They have always done it,why now do you need a legal barrier.Every year there is a huge increase around the same time but just now they make this barrier?

I see both points,but i don't think stepping closer to a police state is right so there for i would have to keep letting them do what they have always done...

First its this then its.............

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I found it at last.

Looks like the protesters are starting earlier than the authorities expected.

They seem pretty well organised and they have set up camp on the wasteland where the proposed runway is to be built.

www.guardian.co.uk...

By yesterday morning, the police had blocked off all approaches to the site and were liberally using powers under section 44 of the Terrorism Act to stop all cars and search anyone they thought was likely to go to the growing eco-village.

According to the article the police have arrested the protesters star cook
and the protesters are complaining that they will now have to eat slop.

The protesters and the police are communicating on walkie-talkies and some of the police actually agree with the protesters.

I am concerned about this as my inlaws live in Feltham and work at the airport so im just hoping that they come to no harm.

www.opsi.gov.uk...

The above link explains section 44 of the terrorism act.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by tracey ace]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Now supposedly the protesters are going to stage a bomb hoax.

A hard core of anarchist demonstrators are drawing up plans to bring Heathrow to a standstill using an array of tactics including disguising themselves as ordinary holidaymakers to cause havoc in the airport terminals

There are also fears they could be planning bomb hoaxes and assaults on the airport's security fence - methods which could bring the airport to a grinding halt at the busiest time of year causing misery for passengers.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/08/14/nheathrow114.xml

Looks like im going to have to hold a protester hostage to get some support on this.

What if it isnt a hoax bomb????

This is bad....I cannot get in touch with my in-laws ...i believe that the airport is jamming their mobiles...It has taken me forever to get on this thread also...i think im being jammed.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well im pretty close and my mobile and internet is working fine - so I guess its nothing serious. There is a big Indian festival nearby so I would suggest the mobile network is simply congested.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Do YOU fancy missing a flight and holiday that you had saved up for and waited 50 weeks to enjoy because of some tree hugging dimwit protesting about Airports and aircraft emissions?

Oh, you must be referring to the same consumer-credit-convenience-lifestyle-numpties who drive the 200yds to the corner shop, buy shipped-in bottled water from hundreds of miles away, drive the kids to and from school and then complain of their kids' asthma because of pollution?

I hope the protesters add millions of £££'s to the cost of security and policing and many more £££'s to the cost of building the extra terminal

....grrrrrrrrrr

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Interesting though

If the protestors stage a bomb threat - then the gloves really come off - and rightly so. Having been lived through two very real bombs the mere idea that some do gooders think its a good idea to cause masss diruption and economic damage by threatening a hoax bomb. Well sorry in Northern Ireland that would be met with a "double tap" solution and the rights or wrongs sorted in a coroners court or an autopsy room.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well they could always post a threat, but owing to the sporadic postal service from the mail strikes who knows when the note would arrive?

(probably the same time that your baggage arrives at the right destination)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Agent Smith,
i have nothing against the protesters at all but i am concerned about family members who live and work there after all they are only doing their jobs.

If the protesters do half of the things that the article states then there is going to be chaos on a wide scale.

I just hope that the police dont use force as a lot of innocents(there are bound to be children there) may get hurt.

We all remember the shootings in the underground after 7/7.

I hope the protesters use some common sense and dont do anything too drastic as the repercussions will be irreversable and the police might be desperate enough to use their new powers.

After all they are being classed as terrorists.

Relatives phonelines are still not working.They work overtime and they are at the airport now so i think it is the airport jamming the phones of anybody who is at the airport.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Not all of them were tree huggin dimwits as you put it, some of those there protesting was from near heathrow airport, who are against Heathrow expanding or given the go ahead to build another runway.... (So your assumption is wrong to class them all dimwits.

If the protesters do half of the things that the article states then there is going to be chaos on a wide scale.

Most of which has been hyped up by the media, newspapers, etc... I will wait in aticipation to see what happens over the next week or so... Hmmms anyone remember the poll tax riots or may day riots hope this peacefull demo does not turn out to be like those.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

You do talk some twaddle

Heathrow is the worlds busiest airport and we are coming up to its busiest period.

The problem if you read the links isn't only with plane pollution its the removal of homes and complete villages.

The UK and the world has a finite resource so why bring in more people to to use up those resources.

Remember the police already have powers to break up any unauthorised gathering over 4 persons if they so wish.

Why would they have a short period just have it non-ending and they can enforce it at any time.

I expect if someone actually took the time to research the members list Owners or Major shareholders of BAA will actually be banned as well.
for instance
President
HRH The Prince Of Wales
Board of Trustees
William Proby,
Laurie Magnus,
Deputy Chairman
Patrick Casement
Sue Davies
Crispin Davis
Charles Gurassa
Mark Jones
Hugh Matheson
Adrian Phillips
Michael Quicke
Simon Timms
Mary Villiers

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The other thing is that the government will actually be going against one of it's own acts..

It’s exactly 100 years since an Act of
Parliament set out our mission: ‘the
permanent preservation’ of the
country’s most beautiful and historic
places ‘for the benefit of the nation’.

So what a tangled web this would be if anyone was arrested for following an act of parliament

new topics

top topics

join