It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: New Details on Tillman's Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Gen'l Wesley Clark was on Countdown with Ken Olberman and was quite in agreement with the theory that Tillman's death was a murder to shut him up, as he'd turned from a propaganda victory into someone who was very much against the war and could do great damage at home, after leaving the army.

The suppressed report on his death shows three shots to the head from no more than 10 yards away.

So he was whacked to shut him up.

Clark believes the order came right from the top. In so many words.

Plus, e-mails have also been uncovered that show army hacks gloating that they'd managed to squelch a criminal investigation--here's your cover-up.

This will be big.
[edit for typo]

[edit on 27-7-2007 by gottago]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Mom says demoting general not enough

To the major television networks, newspapers and radio stations, reports Monday that a retired three-star general may be demoted, and others punished, for spreading misinformation about the death of Pat Tillman was a major news event.

To Tillman's mom, "It's a complete donkey show."

I reached Mary Tillman on Thursday afternoon, after she and the rest of the family learned about the possible punishments. She described it as only the latest attempt by the military and the Bush administration to make sure that the buck stops before it gets to the proper destination: the White House. advertisement

"I believe that this (the cover-up and misinformation about Tillman having been killed by friendly fire) came from (former Defense Secretary Donald) Rumsfeld," Mary said. "And they're just protecting him. . . . The public doesn't understand what is going on. No matter what has been put out in the news, it hasn't made a dent in what actually took place. Nobody quite understands how nefarious this is. I can tell you that there wouldn't be this big show of punishment if there wasn't something to this."

source

I feel Mary Tillman's thoughts need to be echoed. The demotion isn't enough.

No mother should have to go through this.
I truly hope justice, wherever it has been these years, prevails in this case.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Don't think I have seen ESPN used as a source outside of the Sports area before! Stumbled upon this just now and thought of this thread - hope it is helpful.

The Army Ranger who was alongside Pat Tillman when he was shot in Afghanistan told ESPN.com Friday that he remains convinced that the former NFL player was accidentally killed by friendly fire, rather than a target of a malicious act.

Sgt. Bryan O'Neal disputed Army doctors who, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press, voiced suspicions shortly after the 2004 incident about the close proximity of the three bullet holes in Tillman's forehead and tried, initially without success, to get authorities to investigate whether the former NFL player's death amounted to a crime.

The doctors, whose names were blacked out, said that the bullet holes were so close together that it appeared the former Arizona Cardinals safety was cut down by a weapon fired from a mere 10 yards or so away.

"No, there is no way the guy was 10 yards away. That is just completely unlikely," O'Neal told ESPN.com. "If he was there initially, like the way the conspiracy theorists work that he was there to kill Pat, why wouldn't he have killed me? That doesn't work so well. "

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
Gen'l Wesley Clark was on Countdown with Ken Olberman and was quite in agreement with the theory that Tillman's death was a murder to shut him up

Got any thing I can watch or read to back that up?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
11b

Here's the link to an article with the MSNBC interview video embedded: Clarke on Tillman

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus

Sgt. Bryan O'Neal disputed Army doctors who, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press, voiced suspicions shortly after the 2004 incident about the close proximity of the three bullet holes in Tillman's forehead and tried, initially without success, to get authorities to investigate whether the former NFL player's death amounted to a crime.

I bet he did dispute those doctors claims. Those 3 holes in the forehead can be easily duplicated.

The doctors, whose names were blacked out, said that the bullet holes were so close together that it appeared the former Arizona Cardinals safety was cut down by a weapon fired from a mere 10 yards or so away.

Lets see, the opinion of 3 medical doctors in concurrence or the opinion of one easily intimidated soldier.

"No, there is no way the guy was 10 yards away. That is just completely unlikely,"O'Neal told ESPN.com.

WHAT???? What the hell does completely unlikely mean???? Either it happened or didn't happen. This guy has no idea what happened!! Thats like saying it was probably definite.
And if he wasn't 10 yards away then approximitly how far away was he? You saw everything right O'Neil??? This guy is hardly a reliable witness.

"If he was there initially, like the way the conspiracy theorists work that he was there to kill Pat, why wouldn't he have killed me? That doesn't work so well.

Well here's another gem of a quote. Why wouldn't he have killed you?

1.) you were not the target.
2.) based on your testimony its obvious you saw nothing and that you are speculating. So why would they kill you? You were not a threat.

I don't buy this guys story at all.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
For those who don't have time to view the Countdown video with
Keith Olbermann and General Wesley Clark, here's a brief transcript:

OLBERMANN:...Does it not begin to look more and more like that we‘re going in the wrong direction in this? That they were not trying to protect something slightly negative from coming out, but in fact protecting the accusation that his mother has made and has not gotten a lot of attention to that perhaps he was indeed murdered? Were we actually underestimating what was being covered up here?

CLARK: It‘s very possible. We just don‘t know, Keith. I think the responsible thing for the Pentagon to do and for the Congress to do is to demand that the investigation be reopened and people all the way up the chain of command to the very top discuss what happened, when, why. We get to the facts about why the murder charge wasn‘t fully investigated.

I looked at some of the investigations. I looked at the tape. I looked at the rerun of the scene. I have met with the Tillman family. And honestly, the distance—even the investigator said that the shots were fired at less than 100 meters. And OK, the light was failing, but he had a clearly recognizable silhouette, his weapon was clearly visible, the type of weapon.

It‘s really hard for people to understand this. The investigation needs to be reopened and followed through to its conclusion.

'Countdown with Keith Olbermann' for July 26

The administration is acting guilty, and its 'nefarious'
acts are becoming increasingly obvious to everyone.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
This is HUGE folks!

A general will most probably be demoted because of this case.

All news articles about the probable demotion

If these allegations pan out I would certainly hope that a general doesn't just lose a precious gold star. That's a mockery of justice if there ever was one. I would hope, again if this is true, that those responsible are put to death. Eye for an eye and not this silly notion that some ol geezer would lose his idiot badge.

brill

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hmmmm....this is quite strange. In my biology class I sit next to a guy that was a Ranger and did tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. I asked him about the Tillman thing, and he told me an entirely different story. He told me that he was shot by a .50cal and that his head was basically "blown away". Now we have a story saying he was shot in the head with an M-16 style weapon.

Either this guy was telling me disinfo or we have a huge conspiracy here. It is strange because this same Ranger is a "truther" and conspiracy theorist just like us. Very strange. May have to talk to him about this again.

Great find.

-Droops

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Could it have been "hellfire" triple round burst?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm confused about the story as well. News articles covering his death would say that he and his interpreter were standing on a cliff and were mistaken by ally soldiers as insurgents. The ally soldiers then fired from their vehicle at Tillman and his interpreter, killing both. Another solider who was on the cliff with Tillman said he saw the events, and saw a large opening in Tillman's skull.

How did this turn into him having 3 bullet holes in his head?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate

Now I'm asking you ATS'ers, what's going on here?

Is the White House implicated somehow in Pat Tillman's possible murder?

I'd put it: ??is W.H. implicated in Pat Tillman's death??

Maybe....but not in the way a few around here are speculating.

in another thread a couple days before this Tillman saga got resurrected
with the new administrative action underway by the Army...

I pointed out in this post;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[in part concerning the W.O.T.]
[...] ...the General's 2 yr roadmap, seems will be a series of 'surges'
in an ever expanding scope of U.S. troop involvement.

Point 2; The morale of the troops is way mre important than the civilian polls or public sentiment about the combat theatre.

Point2a; (the) administration must continue to cut the legs from (under)
'Spoiler Issues' like the Pat Tillman saga
, which can destroy morale.

[etc]

So, just how would the W.H. be even remotely tied into the Pat Tillman tragedy?

some time back,
Secretary of Defence Rumsfeld, and all successive holders of that position,
have at their disposal a unit called SSB (Strategic Support Branch),
imbedded in the Pentagon ~it's a private CIA for the Secretary/VP/Pres.~
....probably acting in concert with Cheney's OSP....

This 'SSB' is massively funded, with Commando Units, Spies,
Mercenary Forces, Intel gathering & analysis...etc etc
--> And a direct link to the W.H.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
11b

Here's the link to an article with the MSNBC interview video embedded: Clarke on Tillman

You link opens up to a forbidden page.says i cant access this page and wont even let me copy the link to paste it or copy the writing itself..hrmm

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo

You link opens up to a forbidden page.says i cant access this page and wont even let me copy the link to paste it or copy the writing itself..hrmm

That's bizarre, it was a link to Prisonplanet.com, which anyone can freely access. Anyway, it's on their current news pages.

Actually I've noticed a number of links put up recently do the same.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

I'm confused about the story as well. News articles covering his death would say that he and his interpreter were standing on a cliff...

Another solider who was on the cliff with Tillman said he saw the events, and saw ...

the muddying of the waters, dis-information, distraction, etc etc

this is the same operation that unfolded with the 9-11 events,
getting replayed in this incident

which will in the course of things, require a 'blue-ribbon committee' to sift through the reports and deliver to the public a well-scrubbed version of the 'events'...

it depends on which side of the fence your on;
the blue ribbon panel is either a part of a cover-up ->
or the blue ribbon panel is the bright light of justice shining through the fogs of war

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Now there are New Conflicting reports about this case. Things are getting pretty strange with this case. It's officially a conspiracy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join