It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly blast at Syrian arms depot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Deadly blast at Syrian arms depot

news.bbc.co.uk

An explosion at an arms depot in northern Syria has killed 15 soldiers and wounded 50, the Sana state news agency has said.

The explosion took place early in the morning at Musalmiya, about 10km (6 miles) north of the city of Aleppo.

Officials say the blast was caused by high summer temperatures, up to 50C, which set off explosive materials.

It was "not the result of sabotage", they said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.freerepublic.com
www.cbc.ca

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I find the official explanation to this story highly suspect. I would think that the Syrians would have weapons and ammo stored a little better to keep stuff like this from happening although an official from the government commented on the storage facilities.

Could it be an internal problem or maybe the US or Isreali special operations keeping weapons from moving into Iraq or Lebanon?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The official story is certainly an bit weak in this case which I wont rule out the possibility of sabotage in this case. Although it is still possible that human error was at fault I certainly don't think that the weather alone caused the ammo dump to exploded.

My guess would be that an truck or some other vehicle crashed near or in the ammo dump and the resulting fire caused the explosion or maybe there was an gas leak near by and some careless person decided to light an cigarette .

[edit on 26-7-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"Officials say the blast was caused by high summer temperatures, up to 50C"

Can you say global warming? Al Gore has now sicked global warming on the terrorists. You will all be seeing your virgins shortly sucka's!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Maybe is was harp.......

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If the outside temperature was 50, the inside temperature would be considerably higher, so I don't find it utterly unreasonable. Explosives and high temperatures don't mix very well, especially if the ammunition is old.

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
it was 2007, how do you know what the Syrian summer of 2007 was like?

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Please see the link i am posting, its Syrian weather records

weather.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AreNL7MRRbRV0boCJY1kREdH8ecA?woeid=2503440

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

Yhea why has a story nearly 3 years old being dug up here?

top topics

join