It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen. Wes Clark quote...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I love this...(hilarious)

Before Christmas, he was asked at a town meeting in Derry, N.H., how he would respond ifPresident Bush or Clark's own Democratic rivals questioned his patriotism or military record. Failing to see that he was being followed by a televistin camera, he answered, "I'll beat the # out of them." Clark's aides later joked that the candidate should have put out an apology, acknowledging that he had missopken--that what he really meant to say was, "I'll beat the living # out of them."-Newsweek

I'm not much for any of the Dems right now, but I thought that was a good bit of humor. Surprisingly it made his poll number rise, people must have liked it.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
[applauding]

Though I'm not impressed with his overall media performances, he does gets off some one liners that give me hope. Very funny wit, when he thinks no one is listening.

I wish he wasn't so camera shy. That's the military in him.

I liked his no BS straight take on gun control too:

"If you're the type that likes semi-automatic assault weapons, we have a place for you...THE US ARMY."

I have to think if he got past the media and PC police, and had the Dem nomination under his belt, we'd see a very confident, no nonsese, likable leader emerge.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I've got to hand it to him. He's made some great accomplishments in his life. I'm not sure if he's President material, but we'll see. He caught my eye from the beggining, before I knew he was a general, before I knew he asked Bush for a position in the war, before he steadily increased his numbers in the polls. I knew from the start that there was something odd about him, just like I feel about Dean.

Democrat or not, General or not, the man has my respect. Dean on the other hand...I'm not sure. Bush is starting to lose a bit of it though. I think he's all about reelection, not helping people. I think he just want's to be remembered, like Lincoln, FDR, Reagen, ect...

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by joehayner]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Democrat or not, General or not, the man has my respect. Dean on the other hand...I'm not sure. Bush is starting to lose a bit of it though. I think he's all about reelection, not helping people. I think he just want's to be remembered, like Lincoln, FDR, Reagen, ect...

You are definitely on to something there. I think Dean and Bush are more alike than people are willing to see. Small men looking for a place in history. For good or bad, Bush has accomplished some things...but now it's ALL ABOUT THE LEGACY.

That's a very real movement and excellent observation. There are admitted movements now designed to do nothing but shape history, as in the whole "rally 'round the legacy" crowd of Reagen. If Reagen is so great, he'll be remembered that way in 100 years. Let him replace FDR on the dime then. You know what I'm saying.

Clark may have aspirations, or even an ego, but he's no spring chicken and has worked his butt off in life. I'm not one to be pro-military no matter what, but I acknowledge it's a hard damn life, and Stars aren't a reward for being born of priveledge. You can't work that hard, that long without making some mistakes and enemies.

Dean and Bush together have less leadership experience and more to apologize for... that says something.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wes Clark found himself at a gala event downtown, hosted by a local college. A young woman approached the colonel for conversation.
She said, "Excuse me, sir, but you seem troubled. Is something bothering you?"
"No," the general said, "just serious by nature."
The young lady said: "You should lighten up a little. Relax and enjoy yourself."
The general just stared at her in his serious manner.
Finally the young lady said, "You know, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when was the last time you had sex?"
The general looked at her and replied, "1959."
"well there you go, you really need to chill out and quit taking everything so seriously. I mean, no sex since 1959, isn't that a little extreme?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the general, glancing at his watch. "It's only 20:39 now."

The Dems have a great choice. I really like the way that Clark sets everyone straight when they try to misquote him. He'll stop everything & make it crystal, the attempted manipulation.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Wes Clark found himself at a gala event downtown, hosted by a local college. A young woman approached the colonel for conversation.
She said, "Excuse me, sir, but you seem troubled. Is something bothering you?"
"No," the general said, "just serious by nature."
The young lady said: "You should lighten up a little. Relax and enjoy yourself."
The general just stared at her in his serious manner.
Finally the young lady said, "You know, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when was the last time you had sex?"
The general looked at her and replied, "1959."
"well there you go, you really need to chill out and quit taking everything so seriously. I mean, no sex since 1959, isn't that a little extreme?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the general, glancing at his watch. "It's only 20:39 now."

The Dems have a great choice. I really like the way that Clark sets everyone straight when they try to misquote him. He'll stop everything & make it crystal, the attempted manipulation.

LOL! Great story

new topics

top topics

join