It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Idea About Debates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've been trying to watch the presidential hopefuls' debates recently. I say "trying" because I quickly get disgusted at the candidates responses having little or nothing to do with the question asked, and change the channel.

So here's my idea- The Subject X Electroshock Debates

All participants in this debate will be wired up to old-school electroshock therapy units, and if anything but a direct answer comes out of their mouths, the button gets pushed.

Who controls the button? Me. Subject X. I would be totally fair across the board, 'cause I hate 'em all!

Just imagine........

X: So, Sen. Clinton, why did you ever vote in favor of the war in Iraq?

Hil: Well, first I'd like to........

Zzzzapppp!!!

X: Would you care to rephrase that, Sen. Clinton?

Hil: When I was First Lady..........

Zzzzapppp!!!

X: Excuse me, what were you saying?

Hil: Mmmmm....blblbl....b'durrrr....meh?

X: That's what I thought you said. Who's next? Anyone?..........Anyone?

In my opinion, this would be the best debate of all time, and probably the
first one to actually get answers to some of the questions.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, I can guarantee it would be the first debate this season to have an audience. We all want to see Paris Hilton go to jail, and we all want to see a nice strong electrical current applied to the nipples of each and every fat cat running for office.

On a serious note, it's good to know you're actually trying to get involved. It's frustrating when the process is so filled with empty rhetoric and broken promises that it gets tough to pay attention.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre It's frustrating when the process is so filled with empty rhetoric and broken promises that it gets tough to pay attention.

Exactly!! They get asked about the war, and they talk about education or whatever, just so it's not the war, or whatever the topic was.

Not with my debate. They'd be answering straight, or they'd be floppin' like a fish.
Of course, even if they did answer on-topic, they'd probably be lying, anyway.

It'd be nice if we could get believable answers from those who want to rule us.
Personally, I've lost all faith in politicians. I can't believe any of them.

new topics

join