It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Wales, a box to make biofuel from car fumes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted here already, couldn't see anything about it.

It's an article by Reuters, regarding three chaps who have developed a method of capturing the greenhouse gases emitted by exhausts, then turning then into biofuels.

Full article here ---- > LINK

QUEENSFERRY (Reuters) - The world's richest corporations and finest minds spend billions trying to solve the problem of carbon emissions, but three fishing buddies in North Wales believe they have cracked it.

They have developed a box which they say can be fixed underneath a car in place of the exhaust to trap the greenhouse gases blamed for global warming -- including carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide -- and emit mostly water vapor.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Captures most of the carbon emission, useful for only one tank of gas.

What? Ridiculous.

No one is going to pay for this. It's like having to replace your muffler every time you fill your tank. Please.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If it meant easy/fast swapping, and little cost to it, and would bring about dramatic reduction in pollution, I would pay...

Or, just thought of this, since it captures gases, there could be a easily accessible "socket" where you could link a tube, and it would suck the gases from it in seconds. This would be stored in gas stations for later recycling into fuel. Sounds easy enough.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Rikhart]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Doesn't work like that. This is using some sort of solid/semi-solid material to chemically trap the carbons. There's no "gas" to suck off, hence the replacement of the entire thing every tank of gas.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ah I see. Well, I stand by the first paragraph only, then

If it would be a case of:
-Pop hood/trunk door.
-Unlatch box.
-Remove box.
-Insert new, latch, close.

I wouldnt be too bothered myself.

new topics

top topics

join