It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bending spoons with power of the mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well It was a few weeks back I saw a video about this women who bent spoons. She did use her hands to bend the spoons but she bent the spoons in a way not possible with just physical strength. I guess you could say she softened up the metal with her mind. Hearing this I was like b.s.
and tried it for myself.
I did how she instructed but nothing happened. I was like o this is a bunch of crap and forgot about it. Yesterday I saw the website fork-you.com

Fork-you.com says roughly the same techniques that I learned from this women on the video.

So being me always curious, decided to try to do it again. I followed the instructions somewhat similar but changed it to what felt right to me and to my amazement I had bent the spoon!!!

The spoon is bent along its handle ( like on the fork-you.com home page )
but it is bent 7 times around. There is no way possible that I could have bent this 7 times around with my pure strength....im no body builder. Heck I wish I had muscle.

I guess the theory behind this is mind over matter. If anyone wants Some proof- LIKE ALWAYS -... Ill be glad to post up few pics of the bent spoon.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well Uri Geller made a fortune from it and he kept the hoax up for years.
He wont do it under scientific conditions though???

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
hoax...lol. I guess you don't have to beleive me.
I'm not forcing anyone to believe but do you want to see pics?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by navd2

But Gellers acts were a hoax. He stated that his spoon bending changed the metal at a molecular level yet scientific examination of his spoon breaks showed stress fractures caused be him prebending the spoons. Its called sleight of hand.
Considering Gellers desire for money, he constantly refused to take Randi's 1 Million dollar challenge.
Geller is a shyster, a fairground trickster, a VERY good one but thats all he is.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by navd2

Yes please.

I can bend stuff with the power of my mind, my mind tells my hands to bend it
(the same technique also works for changing TV channels and making cups of tea)

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yawn.. seen it all before.

"Luigi the Unbelievable" can do all that and more. He used to say "When I eata spaghetti I benda da fork" and "Everyone say I gotta da face to stopa da clock".

But seriously, the fork-you video is done with a solid silver fork. They're much softer than stainless or chromed forks.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
hhhah yeah.. But your not getting what I'm sayin it is completely opposite to the way geller does it. And yes Uri was most likely fake.

Read up on energy and channeling. There is much more we can do as humans than it is perceived. Be open-minded.
All I have to say is try it out for yourself your not going to get anywhere being hard headed.

Now if you want to read up on it be my guest here is some videos you can watch.

youtube.com...

fork-you.com

Also don't know if there is some spiritual thing behind it but how are you going to tell me what I experienced myself is not real. Please be my guest and take a spoon and bend it 7 times with pure strength without popping a blood vessel. I'll tell you my experience was real. Yes I do use some force with my hands but its like as much force used in turning the handle on your house door.

You bend a spoon 7 times around with that.. Actually why don't you get a spoon fork knife wutever you want and try to bend it 7 times around please be my guess and tell me how hard it is

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
o and the spoon i used is stainless steel. But watever don't take my word for it try it yourself!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes,

Post a picture of it.

As much as my wife will probably explode, I will try this when I get home from work.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You can see a video of a guy doing a similar spoon bending at Spoon bending video. There's also a long discussion in the comments.

The description of his technique is on Spoon bending instructions and pictures.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Woow, relax guys, before you all start screaming "HOAX!" because the word spoon is mentioned. I saw some very convincing videos which after closer study proved fake, BUT I've seen this video two, tried it, and bent six spoons in a row in a not physically possible way, I tried to do it with strength only (also six times) and got seriously misshaped spoons (stainless steel teaspoons by the way) which didn't look like the previous ones at all.

My experience with proving these things right or wrong is just trying it yourself, if it doesn't work, too bad "HOAX!" indeed, but of course it could be beyond your capabilities (although this spoon thing can be done by anyone, it's not complicated).

To close this post I got a request:
Back up what you say! No matter if you thing if its a hoax or an unbelievable phenomenon, screaming out "HOAX!" or "I'M SERIOUS, ITS TRUE!" is not gonna convince anyone, except yourself.

- Chris

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Well Uri Geller made a fortune from it and he kept the hoax up for years.
He wont do it under scientific conditions though???
I think Uri Geller does/or did have psychic powers. I'm not saying he never cheated but I think he did have "the power". I like him, mostly because I love his enthusiasm, so I have to defend him here. Uri had a UFO experience as a child, maybe that's where his power stems from. I knew a ten year old abductee who could move objects with his mind. Bending spoons with the mind CAN be done, so can cloud-busting.

[edit on 28-7-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
thanks chris at least u know what im talking about Im not psychO...lol ne wayz i will post saome pics up now

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ha! I did it! It doesn't take any special mind power at all. You simply bend it backwards, and then all the subsequent bends wrap sideways, which are easy because you have leverage. I did 5 wraps. I also unbent it, but of course it's all contorted now. Also, I watched a video of a woman using a large serving spoon to make it more impressive. It's the opposite--the larger spoon makes it easier because of all the leverage you have with the additional length.

The only trick is having the commitment to wreck a spoon. Firmly bend it over, then twist away. Debunked!

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

[edit on 28-7-2007 by navd2]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
[
Considering Gellers desire for money, he constantly refused to take Randi's 1 Million dollar challenge.
Geller is a shyster, a fairground trickster, a VERY good one but thats all he is.

I'm pretty sure that the Randi 1 Million doesn't allow for spoon bending when you use your hands.... Most Debunkers, including Randi, Carl Sagan and a host of others admit that there is something unusual going on with spoon bending. Geller claims to be able to do it with mind alone. Almost anyone that tries it a few times can get it to work. The spoon bends muche asier than it does with brute strength. As somone pointed out you can do it with strength it's not that hard but some people can get the tip of a spoon to curl even... try THAT with brute force.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
TRUE THAT ABBADON lol

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
no but on the serious side. Please someone anyone tell me how I could have so tightly twisted that spoon so easily. Like literally it was easy nothing like trying it with brute force ( i tried already ) and I got nothing like the spoon in the above pic. All I am saying is try it out for yourself you will be surprised.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In lieu of destroying my wifes cutlery. I went to the dollar store and picked up some. I tried all the methods of meditation etc, but I never got a soft/rubber effect for the spoon handle.

I just bent it up with physical force. I was only able to get 3 full bends. Maybe I will try again.

top topics

join