It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CARET/Drones Debunked? – A “viral” fantasy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Great Googley-Moogley! 1200 eyes... 262 d/l's? Outrageous Outrageo - righteous work! Sooo... it would seem that the "medium is the message" may in fact BE the message. Viral-meme-CARET. Put something in the void and it is and consumed then replicated... let's see so far 26,200%? In hours Outrageo - in hours. I counted 54 different nations mainlining this "crank" straight-to-brain.

Let's say the military/whomever wanted to disseminate an idea across the net as vector. This is ample demonstration of the "horsepower" of filling the void. 1 becomes 262... and that's just the "doc" download. Eyes-on and the meme-implantation of 600... I'd never have considered that. The super-culture of the Net is awesome.

THIS IS BIG: writ large. You did that on purpose didn't you Outrageo? I like you, you "see" things.

Wow, look at the numbers, wow,

Vic

[edit on 27-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Geez, I do a little shut-eye and now these posts where I have to think! I think my morning coffee isn't working today. I was going to say nice post sys-config, worth a star, but there are so many of them the last few hours. Looks like another day at the races. Timezones keep this place rocking 24/7.

Innoculation, said someone. Nice idea. Get these things before the public eye, then they become familiar. One of the threads was "Oh, no, another drone!" reflecting that. They come along now and hardly raise an eyebrow: Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt (WITH the graphic). There's a Gray! Meh? I simply do not have time for your abduction games today. I got a report due. The Board of Trustees is waiting. Maybe another time. Why don't we not and say we did? Everyone else does.

But on the other hand this has got to be a focused trial. Face it. the field of UFOs, EBEs, and transdimensional theories is not exactly mainstream. Hey, it's the 60th for Roswell so media picks it up for a few seconds to show the parade and Larry King creates another in a long line of circii for entertainment, making sure to throw in the right amount of ridicule for 'balanced coverage.' Meanwhile there are no drones seen at Starbucks and a billion people tackle the tubes, trains, and freeways intent on paying the mortgage. Soccer Moms trundle their kids in vans to the field and back. The general populace, in all languages, wouldn't know a drone if one were seen; most don't care.

So it's FOCUSED, and focused on whom? Not 'smart guys,' I don't think. Sorry Bennett, but that's belly-button lint stuff. Because these nooks on the web are not for smart guys. General opinion is they are for the credulous conspiracy crackpots who see one in every billboard, under every rock, and are chased by MIB wherever they go. Really, it's for people with alien souls and multiple implants, controlled by cell phone towers by the secret shadow government. Tin foil hats. Deny ignorance and tin foil hats is an oxymoron.

And even these nooks are dropping by the wayside. MUFON is out of here. Paracast, a personality cult by itself, ignores it now that Pastor Biedny has made his proclamation. The more 'skeptical' boards are having a good laugh. It persists some places, but is splintered, such as here. And though it's popular in posts, it certainly is not the only game in town. It's just that the summer doldrums are upon us and there's not much competition.

So I'm left thnking we don't matter that much, those folks who persist in poking around the eggbeaters looking for Magical Characters. So what's the point? Why all the trouble? I'm still mystified even as the dog still needs to be walked. I'll fix the typos after Moses and I visit his favorite bushes.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Yup Ok Mr. Blaine. No Problem. Your show. Got any more pictures? Like the one above and on your other thread? Hmmm? LOL.

Graphics are "THE" answer to the Isaac/Caret/drone show?

No, not "THE" entire answer

This thread probably has much of the best discussion I think in regards to the Isaac Caret stuff.

Lets follow your wishes and keep my work/art a seperate issue, eh. I'm not the topic.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski

These "memes" concerning the drones are "special" as they challenge the "user" to become actively engaged, figuratively, if not literally. They "dangle like carrot on the end of the stick" or "CARET on the end of a schtick", just out of reach... a void to be filled and replicated; "meme-caret".

We all follow these carrot's willingly enough. The "voids to be filled" are infinite it would seem. Not to mention the entertainment value of it all.

I want you to know that you are the cause of this coffee in my nose

If I never see the word "meme" again after this thread it will be too soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

by Blaine
If I never see the word "meme" again after this thread it will be too soon.

Well, Mr. Blaine, you'll then appreciate this site: memestreams/Elonka. It's a blog by famed Cryptographer Elonka Dunin, who, while on a radio interview on July 19 2007, took her first call from a guy named "Isaac". Read a synopsis of this exchange here: 'Isaac' Calls In To Cryptography Show (thanks S.V.).

Incidentally, MemeStreams is loaded with some very interesting stuff...
[edit-fix link]

[edit on 7/27/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Holy Cow Outrageo' That's St. Louis!, St. Louis!, St. Louis! Isaac called into St. Louis. Van Essen Labs... home of the CARET Brain mapping software! Is that too cute or what. Let's look at "them" more closely? Who there fits... the guy with no photo? He-heh. I've got "happy feet"!

Do you hear that "Isaac". We're tightening the targetting reticule. Watch out for "red dots" Isaac. You are being hunted "Isaac". How's it feel? I say like Abraham was willing - "Let's sacrifice Isaac!" I smell BBQ.

Cheers, Outrageo!!!!!

Vic

[edit on 27-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
They "dangle like carrot on the end of the stick" or "CARET on the end of a schtick", just out of reach... a void to be filled and replicated; "meme-caret".

It's true, the hoaxer left just enough evidence for people to run in circles, never finding the answer. I made this for fun...

[edit on 27-7-2007 by YouAreWrong]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've been poking around the "2600Meetup" site, but I haven't come across our old buddy Isaac yet. Perhaps a perusal of some other local sites that cater to artists, writers, and other folks associated with the CARET Lab in St. Louis might flush him out. The University, perhaps?

Hmmm...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Search: Isaac and Qian-Ping Gu and be sure and hit the "people" link at Van Essen Labs.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hey, man, you're the one still posting to the various threads. Can't you follow your own advice? Yeah, I know. It's an attractive nuisance, and even if out of the thousands of the posts so far nobody has offered any real insight into the grander picture or point of the whole exercise, it's still hard not to want to jump in and offer one's two cents.

Look, I'll admit I suffer from "FOMO" (fear of missing out) ;-)

It's just frustrating that this has taken off in so many directions and so many different topics and threads. We're exactly where we started, with anonymous witnesses and no where or no one to follow up with.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I've been poking around the "2600Meetup" site, but I haven't come across our old buddy Isaac yet. Perhaps a perusal of some other local sites that cater to artists, writers, and other folks associated with the CARET Lab in St. Louis might flush him out. The University, perhaps?

Hmmm...

I have been a computer tech. for years now. I know a few things about 2600. Its a well known number for hackers. Actually 2600.com is a hackers magazine.

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Hacker_Quarterly

That hacker magazine has been to lots of hacker meetings in Los Vegas called DEF CON.

en.wikipedia.org...

The 2600 magazine also is run by H.O.P.E. (Hackers On Planet Earth).

en.wikipedia.org...

I can tell you all, that Isaac and his "primers" and his "technological grammer" are all signs of a "computer programmer" or "hacker". At the 2600 meetings and the DEF CON meetings, there are graphic artist and hackers as far as the eye can see.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It might also be fruitful to poke around this organization:

www.isaac.cs.berkeley.edu...

to see if there is someone there with links back to St. Louis and the CARET folks. Seeing as how they are all up into cryptography and systems and it would be a lot closer to where the photos were supposedly taken.

Nibble nibble like a mouse...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah BAAY-BEEE! SV, you got the scent too? Do you hear that "Isaac"? Tick, tick, tick. Oh my.

Vic

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
It's just frustrating that this has taken off in so many directions and so many different topics and threads. We're exactly where we started, with anonymous witnesses and no where or no one to follow up with.

I share your pain. The multiple thread issue is a good one, though. It allows us to focus. The CGI guys can keep doing their thing on whose is bigger. The movie marketeers/gameboys can keep transforming themselves from theory to theory, and the Cult of the Drone can build membership with a view to collecting tithes and formulating official dogma. And here we can say, hey, they're fake. It's a hoax. We know this. Now, Why? Who? Bad boys. Bad boys. Whatchya gonna do when we come for you?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks, SV - I wrote Ms Dunin a friendly e-mail asking her if she had a contact for Isaac. I explained I had an interesting cryptographic matter that may be of interest. I'll let you know if/when she replies.

(I wonder if Elonka might have an opinion of her own on the drone writing? Next e-mail...)

YEAH VK! You're on it bloodhound! I tried the googlie, but can't see Van Essen Labs - gotta link? HURRY UP!

[edit on 7/27/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Thanks, SV - I wrote Ms Dunin a friendly e-mail asking her if she had a contact for Isaac. I explained I had an interesting cryptographic matter that may be of interest. I'll let you know if/when she replies.

(I wonder if Elonka might have an opinion of her own on the drone writing? Next e-mail...)

YEAH VK! You're on it bloodhound! I tried the googlie, but can't see Van Essen Labs - gotta link? HURRY UP!

I find it curious that her website is so aptly focused on "memes" (if you'll pardon the expression). I've tried to find out exactly which meeting she attended with "Isaac" in St. Louis in May or June, and that would definitely narrow way down the list of probable suspects. There are a lot of different groups. Supposedly she attended one regarding puzzles and other cryptographs (perhaps such as those found on Isaac's site), but I haven't been quite able to narrow it down yet. Find the other people at the meeting, see if any are associated with the CARET lab, and that would be a pretty good link.

It's a bit like picking at a scab, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I have to go with number four. Considering all the time and effort that has went into this operation, this seems like the most likely avenue to cover the greatest number of variables.

I think you make a good point.

It just doesn't 'feel like' an indolent rich kid living on a trust fun playing around . . . for that many hours.

How much is disinformation and how much is . . .

testing, testing, testing the populace . . . I wonder.

What would be the variables?

What would be the criteria for each variable as to whether the public response or lack thereof, had made that variable more or less important?

If we are really going to consider self-replicating meme's growing exponentially in a culture or a planet . . .

what ones are they most hoping will most spread?

What result do they hope for?

Or is it really some joker in his 'cave' hiding out from the world and tweaking the world all at the same time.

We should know eventually.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

These drone (viral)photos are doing ufology a great harm,in fact any cynical hoax designed to mislead the public should be a criminal matter.

Oh, I don't know . . .

IF there are such objects in a forest . . . that'd be kind of fun

. . . unless big foot and mom and pop and the kids got stargated to some food bin on some distant planet by the things! LOL.

But goodness . . . look at all the fun and interest so many have had speculating and pontificating.

Isn't that at least part of what UFOLOGY is for at this stage of things?

The UNfun will begin quite soon enough, imho. When they start requiring everyone to support the global government or die . . . UNfun.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You wrote: "Or is a meme a subset of all constructs?"

Maybe not ALL constructs. But you can't have a meme without a construct to mimic. Well, if one considers a "meme" a "replicator" of an idea as in the definition thoughtfully provided by Outrageo in the OP, then it follows than any authentic meme would be a subset of at least "one" construct and perhaps many. I hope - "finger-crossed".

Thanks for your kind words. But I think I was unclear a bit.

I meant . . . that a meme would be a subset of the set of all constructs--within, a part of the group of all constructs--not that a given meme would be a subset of the unit of all constructs. Sounds muddier. Anyway, I think you get my drift.

The business or replicating notions through the culture, planet, web is an interesting one . . .

To what goal, purpose?

1. fun?
2. misdirection, distraction, deception, misleading?
3. manipulating the body politic toward what goal?
4. seducing the body politic toward what goal?
5. messing over the minds of the public for ego reasons?
6. ???

Thanks for your bright and witty posts.

Blessings,

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It's a bit like picking at a scab, I suppose.

Nice analogy. Quite apropos - though it's a visual that's just adding to my headache right now. Anywho, SV: you're right, of course. I think if the 2600 Isaac is our man then a meme-it-up link to cohorts may yield a few more puzzle pieces (pun intended). There's more to the meme-drone connection. It's not yet transparent - but it's not as opaque as it was either. Thx...

Hey, Bo X: that's some coherent thinking you've got going, IMO - there's just too much here for it to be a casual one-off joke. There's a more profound motive behind it all. Will we know eventually? Well, gumshoes-in-arms; I think so - someone will want a payoff, not necessarily remunerative.

For me, the challenge is ripping the mask off this thing BEFORE it all goes down...

p.s. no word back from Elonka yet - she's probably checking me out first, crypto-pro as she is... Or maybe she's giving Isaac the 'heads up'?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join