It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CARET/Drones Debunked? – A “viral” fantasy

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I spent about 2 hours studying the material on CARET, and nevertheless it is a hoax, its is a very good work on the language analysis. It also might be complete gibberish but I would very much appreciate if anybody could dig up the original, made in vector graphics like illustrator or Corel. I would also gladly pay a little to someone.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

Indeed! Someone has to jam 'culture' right?

You all might enjoy the artwork of Ron English if you are not already familiar with his work.

One aspect of his work involves 'liberating' commercial billboards with his own messages. Frequent targets of his work include Joe Camel, McDonalds, and Mickey Mouse. Ron English can be considered the "celebrated prankster father of agit-pop", who wrangles carefully created corporate iconographies so that they are turned upside down, and are used against the very corporation they are meant to represent.

He has also done a lot of work with the Billboard Liberation Front

Another interesting group is B.U.G.A. U.P. from Australia.

The group aimed mainly at Cigarette and Alcohol advertising, often blanking out letters and adding others to promote their view that the product is unhealthy. Cola and soft drink ads were also targeted.

The interesting thing about this group, is that it didn't really exist in the sense that it had members or meetings. Graffitists "joined" by signing the BUGAUP name to their work. Anybody could therefore be a "member". BUGAUP graffiti spread rapidly across Australia and then overseas.

Enjoy!
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Still don't see anything, Sys --- I looked and looked at the images. Nothing, just pixelated blurs. I can't get the Katakana likeness out of my head either, so it may be getting in the way.

But I love the Sharpee ads---- perfect! Like most great ideas, I wish I had thought of it!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi Tadarida - you should look at some of the earlier threads that spent considerable time and energy specifically on the glyphic characters. Some of the drone threads spent more time and effort analyzing these than the later CARET documents, but the arguments can apply to either.

You can do a search on, e.g., "drone text" or something similar. Here's one of the threads you may wish to review: New Drone.

The Katakana characters in particular were analyzed significantly by quite a few folks - though many are still on the fence...

Take care...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thank you for the info on Ron English, Doc Moreau ---- interesting work. Especially recreating Picasso's "Guernica" -- a difficult piece to look at for very long.

Outrageo, thank you for the link... I will check it out.

The symbols are interesting... but then again, I am fascinated by typography and fonts, and this one is really good.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Doc you're beautiful bro..that was nice..specially the mother of all milkshakes (awsome)I just did a post covering the jamm groups for this upcoming noshop holiday ..its right on time and I put the what would Jesus buy slogan on Rev billy posters..I was laughing so hard..JC forgive me.
If the ammo and carat fusion bought by isobar usa and are ultimately under the Hydra known as Aegis www.aegisplc.com... ie they are gobbling up everything (especially american which is at firesale prices right now)
(post is on other caret thread) is true and I am doubting it less and less..then just about every blog is being wrung by these adv behavioral analysts or brain pickers and molders , more than the feds..(I threw in all their ai and al sites too as well ) so lets cream pie them to death. What makes it bad for these clowns is little detais..teeny ones .. they don't respond to emails . Now when someone doesnt..I think anyone , though not surprised, is still bothered..I am definitely one of those.
So we dig deeper..I even went to Mirc Irc( odd dalnet still has lots of channels but noboduy talks just squat..) I found a morpheus (like the isaac site)in sveral channels dealing with anime, software game concepts, and his ip was washington based..like Isaaccaret.com is but would not answer me..no proof of anything Neo the site owner who referres himself as THe ONe , also wont answer..So much for washingtonian ettiquette.

anywayz, thanx for posting that stuff..ist class as usual...I hope kaminski and Schuyler Resurface ..miss you guyz!

IOHEN welcome .if we knew where the original was we would be happy to..heck we would let you see it for free.this is a very charitable thread..
One poster at another forum OM..Woy did very good, outstanding actually, analysis of that..a whole thread and more....I hope we don't get sidetracked on that..on this thread..its for viral parti prix

sys

PS ammo did some picture reshuffling..Jennifer W appears with her motorcycle, at the front..thats a serious chic.
12 employess by the way.
and I dont see the beautiful graffitti fence on one shot..it was there this morning..I will look again tomorrow..

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Looking at the Carat website gives me the creeps. Don't know why. It just did.

Also, now that I think of it, it's kind of weird that such a huge machine of a market/research company (supposedly) has such a dreary, cold website.

What's that about?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
right now a possible I repeat possible barcode answer....

..Recall that i posted some pics on the resemblance to barcode..that was brought up again at another site
by a newcomer DBG

here is my response and if you have a camera phone please download the software at the links I provided ..scan the diagrams you have..originals I hope..and see what you can get..

Thank you very much DBG (are you affiliated with the major global database group , of which NZ is a part? or the DBG botany group originally based in Germany, just curious )
www.dbg.com...

if so that may, and I say may,explain the shotcode clue.
Ilove the dbg pictures too..streetfighters 1V just happenstance hit..
www.youtube.com..., right now the former would explain a lot.

shot code is the latest barcoding communications format, after semicode for mobile operators and companies and other entities delivering content to users.I recall posting something on barcodes..shot code is the circular one and is used by Carat corp and several dozens others of others..you need a camera phone with the software downloaded ..once done any shotcode image i can be read from any angle. ie your phone becomes a scanner!.it may direct you to isaac or even company url responsible..this may be a a nice important opening..remember isaac incorporated not only themes but technologies..the mobile one is very current and a lot of communities and blogs are now on mobile or nomadic devices..
i do not have a cell phone with camera..I am behind the times..along with a 56k modem sorry

these links will letyou download free to your cameraphone..also explains how it works etc etc

www.shotcode.com...
www.knowprose.com...

winksite is one community with 592 members..there are many communities..
if you have such a phone or device remember the model and make number to download particular to your phone.

good luck

sys

hurry he might waiting for a call and is most likely very tired waiting..

again thank you dbg even if it doesnt pan out..!

Tada
your question has been asked several times..but never answered..except IMO that it does sever as a neutral site for the original materials intact..a reference point..a ground zero as it were..many sites have material but have altered same in the their analysis..it makes a neat control gropup site that any self respecting scientific study would require..whether behavioral or just plain lab mice or marketing..scurrying cheerfully and unencumbered..ergo..no answers..not supposed to...Did you see the aliens in the trees? squatting in the branches..looking down..at you..clever..any of these people in this could be doing just that..as expense..this viral is the cheapest way to go..for impact buzz or whatever.
15 k average..they use lipstick on mirrors, messages on street walls..why not a cryptic site.?

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wow - Sys - you're powers of discernment are always amazing. You must have either A; an incredible amount of free time to dig for juicy morsels like this, or B; a natural homing instinct that lets you zero in on ever-more intriguing stuff (or, C; a bit of both!). Question: What the heck did you do before the Internet?? There is no way one person can dig up this much dirt, er, I mean "information" sitting in a dusty library somewhere!

In any case - the links are great. Not sure to what degree each and/or any may be correlative to a meme-inspired Caret - but all are fascinating in their own right.

The circular bar-code thing is especially interesting since you and I and several others across many threads have remarked at the logical structure and seeming pattern/formula inherent in the CARET circles. To me, this was especially evident in the latest Saladfingers music video. There's definitely a hidden meaning in those circles beyond the enigmatic character strings - of that I am sure. As a GIS pro, I can't escape the connection to a possible "map" of sorts either. Maybe it's a kind of barcode/key to unlock orthogonal/celestial dimensions/directions? To what/where? Perhaps just to our mind... For some odd reason, looking at these (over and over) Rod Serling's opening dialogue keeps popping into my head:

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call The Twilight Zone."

Or, an area we could call the "CARET Drones Zone"...

Keep plugging on friends! It's funny how every few weeks we go through a variety of proposed meme/viral theories: Transformers/Halo3/AlienUnderwear, etc., etc. Heck - all you need to do is find out about a big media event (movie/game, etc.), and "predict" that the CARET/Drones are a viral campaign for it.

We can play that game forever, I suppose. But what I REALLY WANT TO KNOW is: Where's Isaac now? What happened? The Drones came and went is such a flurry of interest and activity. I can't believe the originators mounted such a huge effort -for what? For nothing - so far...

[edit-fix link]

[edit on 11/8/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
yes you are 100 percent right. in the anagrams it said map! also IRIS a satellite its locations prob gps and thats where those degrees on triangles come in longitude lattitude along with the barcode that direct to urls, by the way..check out japanese matrix patterns on their bar codes..These are the QR codes they have been using for eons on their phones..but never made it to the west..shotcode is the competeting from sweden ,one that looks like a heiroglyph circle..one is open access and the latter is more privatized but CARAT and a few others putting their weight behind..
there is a pc download at quickstart,com.tw and for phones the other at shotcode is only for phones..your phone may already be enabled for QR check the site..there is a third..color pattern code..but i am not doing that until I can work out these two or someone else does.I have a good feeling about these outrageo. and fellow comrades..(no im not a leftwing commie !
good news on shot code it can be read off a flat lcd but not an old crt ..so you dont have to print!..metaphorically there is a "space" battle going on right now as we speak..like beta vs vcr , and its for your, little lcd screen you carry around..

I am downloading those to see if they work on my webcam!

Now I am having fun! I may even go and splurge on a cameraphone !
look ma no cords!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

The circular bar-code thing is especially interesting since you and I and several others across many threads have remarked at the logical structure and seeming pattern/formula inherent in the CARET circles. To me, this was especially evident in the latest Saladfingers music video.

Outrageo - yes. There is something I can't let go of about the circles and patterns, even after all these months. And yeah, when I first watched the Drone music video and saw the animation at the end of it with the design I about jumped out of my skin --- to me it was pure joy and such a tease--- like the word that you can't remember but is on the tip of your tongue.

Sys-- you were talking to others on another site about music being imbedded -- do you still believe this is legit?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I see sounds and hear colors Tadareda .If you read the other site you will see I was pushing that angle for a while before 45letters put together a sound clip reminiscent of navajo flute music ..even Zen when played backwards..
There is more ..but I am on this now..and cannot let go..drone was attempting something similar but had to stop because ofother pressing matters..There is something for everyone here.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
new and positive development!!

..OntheFence and ATO ,a true original has extracted key exif data that revealed emails of jenna and stephen..they have been contacted and results are pending..will they come foward?
aliencases.conforums.com...

the data retrieved is as follows from that eventful post

Re: ISAAC AND THE DRONES SAGA
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 4:45pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bigbasin original photos here:
www.divshare.com...
www.divshare.com...
www.divshare.com...

Bigbasin photo Extended EXIF data:
Code:Exif header 546 bytes long
Exif section in Motorola order
(dir has 9 entries)
Make = "Canon"
Model = "Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT"
Orientation = 1
XResolution = 72/1
YResolution = 72/1
ResolutionUnit = 2
DateTime = "2007:06:05 13:12:49"
YCbCrPositioning = 2
ExifOffset = 192
Exif Dir
dir has 21 entries)
ExposureTime = 1/4000
FNumber = 28/5
ExposureProgram = 3
ISOSpeedRatings = 1600
ExifVersion = "0221"
DateTimeOriginal = "2007:06:05 13:12:49"
DateTimeDigitized = "2007:06:05 13:12:49"
ComponentsConfiguration = "?"
ShutterSpeedValue = 18535/1549
ApertureValue = 40761/8200
ExposureBiasValue = 0/1
MeteringMode = 5
Flash = 16
FocalLength = 50/1
FlashPixVersion = "0100"
ColorSpace = 1
ExifImageWidth = 2496
ExifImageLength = 1664
ExposureMode = 0
WhiteBalance = 0
SceneCaptureType = 0
Jpeg section marker 0xdb size 132
JPEG image is 2496w * 1664h, 3 color components, 8 bits per sample
Jpeg section marker 0xdd size 4
Jpeg section marker 0xc4 size 418
File name : IMG_1060.jpg
File size : 1027393 bytes
File date : 2007:11:11 10:09:16
Camera make : Canon
Camera model : Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Date/Time : 2007:06:05 13:12:49
Resolution : 2496 x 1664
Flash used : No
Focal length : 50.0mm
Exposure time: 0.0003 s (1/4000)
Aperture : f/5.6
ISO equiv. : 1600
Whitebalance : Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure : aperture priority (semi-auto)

(dir has 9 entries)
Make = "Canon"
Orientation = 1
XResolution = 72/1
YResolution = 72/1
ResolutionUnit = 2
DateTime = "2007:06:05 13:12:51"
YCbCrPositioning = 2
ExifOffset = 192
Exif Dir
dir has 21 entries)
ExposureTime = 1/4000
FNumber = 28/5
ExposureProgram = 3
ISOSpeedRatings = 1600
ExifVersion = "0221"
DateTimeOriginal = "2007:06:05 13:12:51"
DateTimeDigitized = "2007:06:05 13:12:51"
ExposureBiasValue = 0/1
MeteringMode = 5
Flash = 16
FocalLength = 50/1
FlashPixVersion = "0100"
ColorSpace = 1
ExifImageWidth = 2496
ExifImageLength = 1664
ExposureMode = 0
WhiteBalance = 0
SceneCaptureType = 0
File name : IMG_1061.jpg
File size : 1085801 bytes
File date : 2007:11:11 10:09:21
Date/Time : 2007:06:05 13:12:51

(dir has 9 entries)
Make = "Canon"
Orientation = 1
XResolution = 72/1
YResolution = 72/1
ResolutionUnit = 2
DateTime = "2007:06:05 13:12:55"
YCbCrPositioning = 2
ExifOffset = 192
Exif Dir
dir has 21 entries)
ExposureTime = 1/4000
FNumber = 28/5
ExposureProgram = 3
ISOSpeedRatings = 1600
ExifVersion = "0221"
DateTimeOriginal = "2007:06:05 13:12:55"
DateTimeDigitized = "2007:06:05 13:12:55"
ExposureBiasValue = 0/1
MeteringMode = 5
Flash = 16
FocalLength = 50/1
FlashPixVersion = "0100"
ColorSpace = 1
ExifImageWidth = 2496
ExifImageLength = 1664
ExposureMode = 0
WhiteBalance = 0
SceneCaptureType = 0
File name : IMG_1062.jpg
File size : 568694 bytes
File date : 2007:11:11 10:09:25
Date/Time : 2007:06:05 13:12:55

end of quote

Thank you OTF and Aliencasebbok members

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well well well what do we have here?,

Brilliant work in getting this data but how on earth did the guy get their second names and email addresses?.

I can't see any evidence of Photoshop being used from the data either, am i right in saying that? To be honest hoax or not, getting to the bottom of this is one step closer. I haven't posted in a while but believe me when i say i have been here all along in the background keeping an eye on developments. I hope there is something new here for us.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I followed up on a clip submitted by Arkhangel showing the world famous famous Sys Meade , and I do mean World Famous..did substantial artwork on the Blade runner artwork as well as many prior works going to the 50's. wherein he displays portions of the diagram during a presentation at the Sigg graph conference August of 2007. Did he borow or did he create, or is he part of a larger project. after one email was not responded to I sent a second one.and his Business Mgr Responded last night..

Part#3: www.youtube.com...

Re: Softimage, Syd Mead, and the Drones...?
« Reply #20 on Today at 7:39am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have sent a second Email and even posted on the guestbook also..I hope they understand we are not gong away..

Dear Syd,
I , and so many others, enjoy your work , but am saddened as I have not recieved a response to a recent email .I assume it did not reach you. But I need your help.
At the August Sigg conference a clip was taken www.youtube.com...
of you displaying a graphic.
at 56 seconds into the film you will note that this is a direct replica of the now famous LAP Issac Caret project diagram that is in virtually every forum across the planet . Are you the creator of these diagrams and or ship design which incorporates that industrial design look so prevalent in your works?
or have you borrowed the display as an \"accent\" to your primary work or is this part of a larger project you are currently involved with and cannot release information?
I and many others were awaiting a response, however we have heard nothing from you and are disappointed, however we know that you will not let your fans at ATS, OMF, UFOCasebook, PosthumanBlues, Aliencasebook, (That I am a member of all as well)and many other devotees down. We eagerly eagerly await word from you.

Sincerely
Sys xxxxchanged

my take is if he went to a massive conference like Sigg and displayed that without fear..I hope he is as brave here and responds..I cant put anymore sugar on the letter than what I did. this is all I can do my friends.

UPDATE..I was going to hit the sack when I went to my email..Perhaps all is not lost
His Business MGR responded to my Second letter.(.Thank you Jesus)

Re: SYD MEAD Response to Manny Vegaþ
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: Fri 11/16/07 1:55 AM
To: [email protected]

Manny,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your inquiry. Your input is important to us and your questions will be answered soon. Mr. Mead is currently on assignment but hopes to catch up on his correspondence by next week.

Your patience is appreciated.

Roger Servick
Manager of Business Affairs
Syd Mead Inc.

At least we have a Time frame..

I can go to sleep now..
Good Night
its 255am EST USA

This is one angle being pursued ..
the other is I followed up Liusang with meager reuslts..Obvious Asian extraction..which led me to a jenn jenn at xanga complete with a stephan on board., as well as dummy squatter site .but in the former, they were much too young. There is a second connection I am pursuing with slightly more positive results, that involve art, advertising etc affiliated with the name sang that do cross the US and German boarders..ie global in nature. I will post only when more is available.
On a note I would go to Meades site and look at his other work the man and his crew..(he does have help after all) are so far ahead of their time. Also Catch up with the The editor version of Blade Runner..a real masterpiece ..and his illustrated books will be collectors items..he is that good..Its nice the things we find in our searches..We stop learning when we stop searching..

Sys

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thanks again, Sys - you're "above-and-beyond" enthusiasm is infectious and again worthy of laudatory accolades!

I went through all the other Siggraph videos to try and catch another glimpse of the CARET glyphs in use. If I knew this was going to be there I would have gone to San Diego to take some pictures myself!

Please let us know if and when you may hear back from Syd or his pals.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that these folks, like AlienUnderware and the OM cafe mugs and t-shirts, are merely 'hopping on the wave' for a copy-free ride secure in the knowledge that the actual originators are firmly entrenched in the woodwork and are not coming out to play.

But WHO they are and WHY they aren't coming out is a deep and mysterious conundrum of which we have all been made part...

Kind of reminds me of those old x-files episodes where they take you to the end of the hour and just when you are sitting on the edge of your seat about to fall off with anticipation, Chris Carter simply fades to black and "...to be continued" comes up on the screen.

Exasperating and made even more so in this case, since when we tune in again the following week, the screen is still blank.

Isaac.... come out, come out, wherever you are....

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
By the way - Have you guys seen the clip of Ben Procter's "Jellyfish Turbine". See any similarities?

Take a look:

Jellyfish Turbine

Click the 2nd upper left Quicktime link to see the Jellyfish Turbine in action

[edit-fix link]

[edit on 11/16/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh outrageo that was sweeT link..I love looking at stuff like that..( iwill be ordering some of syds books athey they are stuffed with illustrations....I noticed EA o got mentioned, did you see their promo for crysis) in there.all of these technologies are driving each other..dx10 cpu games design hardware appear to be fusing as one..Yes I am sure they will answer..I worded the questions carefully..so as to avoid a quick tell the truth but not the whole truth "back door".

Thanx again bro !

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sys --- looking forward to seeing what response you get back. Curiouser and curiouser....

Thanks for continuing to dig.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I cannot take credit for the syd connection as that was all praise due to the alertness of Arkhangel who is a graphics afficionado whose sharp eye noted the scene the sigg conference video. of thousands there he seems to be the only one who caught and if he wasnt there then no one at the conference caught it..an amazing thing in by itself.!
Sometimes things are thrown into holes being dug..and fortuitously this was one of the rare ones. ifIhear word back he will be the first to know..then I will post accordingly..I love to repay my indebtedness ..in any way possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join