It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CARET/Drones Debunked? – A “viral” fantasy

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here we go again!

Now there is a ad campaign that is "Caret" and "Drone" related.

Here is a link to the thread here that is "the proof"...
Drone Debunked

I am not convinced all the way... It seems like they sure missed out on the original 'buzz'

It seems more to me that it is another blatant use of the 'meme'

Any thoughts?
DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I suspect it's nailed. Now, what I want to know is: Where are those people who were going to sue?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Yes Viral is vindicated..and the booby prize goes to Alienware (not yet ..(and maybe more to follow)I have started new thread but will delete it I am fond of this one here..Its a thinkers thread think we got close..but not enough..irrespective it was big bucks and organization behind it. a member of om stumbled on youtubevideo announcing a contest using exact letters as our beloved caret..win a trip to NY ..(you know how they inflate price for tax purposes..the prize would certainly kill someone..like me..)
but I will keep you posted

oh snap Doc..is this simultaneous I just posted on the other caret thread. I apologize...
yeah its real I matched the letters..they are using them..unless they are using letters from an already common language like the korean letters I posted Earlier..in which case its up for grabs.(don't forget open source..).it was orchestrated by the witnesses.and the silence is so typical in the things..like JJ abrams. a very patient man.
Still Guys..there is something that is still unaccouned for..Doc Schuyler kaminski you know what I am talking about..fortune site went down then came back up..odd..(it has open source section too)I made most of the posts there just to bust chops it was a hoax..Amazingly ..I am amazed (no I am Not) the other sites disregarded everything..I mean Everything I gave them even the late Prince decorations..Jesus ..how can anyone overlook that? Its on the record if they dont erase them .I was also told nicely their feelings about here....I was saddened about that..Ovnis must be going ballistic..someone please record their responses..they will be doing historic backpeddling..I don't care if its in French
even better..
The believers are in shock! and PiZZEd off..gauging readings so far..
Thank God Common sense prevailed Here..yes Here..The Premier Forum of the Internet ! and at Mufon and Razimus spacetimenews..(that should have been the clicncher right there)Posthumanblues (I luv Mac )Thank you Doc for the links..Let me go delete that thread if I can.

.but what the heck was the little prince doing there? The "I "was the mapmaker

here is the contest message

Now..excuse my momentary reveling

Its not over..alienwareware is one episode..in this mix..the Goose has not laid the Golden egg yet..I doubt they would kill the gander now..This is being studied and timed carefully..the goal is the production of a superviral ..(just as we do in biolabs)where many products games and related can share the same core..a reverse user content generator...Why the ufology community..because its smaller than the gaming community..coaxlesced in a handful of forums..an ideal cherry patch..gaming comunities are more wide spread and they buy laptops..gaming machines..you don't want to tick off those people. Yes a viral that even your PTB can join in on the fun..fit right in like a leggo part. Perhaps my analogy of the 4400 was not far off the mark. Prepare to pull out some extra blankets for our new guestsThey won't be long in coming.

good night
[edit on 25-10-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No - I don't believe this is over either - not by a long shot. If anything, it merely validates that a viral premise is fueling another meme-motivated campaign. My gut tells me this is just a group trying to capitalize on the breadth of coverage and popularity of a non-trademarked media phenomena.

Most revealing, to me at least, is the Alienware Terms & Conditions of their little contest:

All entries become the property of Alienware. By entering the Sweepstakes, it is understood that your information will be automatically registered as a member of Alienware. As a result, you may receive additional e-mail communication/promotions from Alienware...

By now, most folks know that one of the keys to marketing success in the virtual world is to assemble, compile, store, and utilize a list of potential virtual customers (with real, non-virtual spending power). It is also a well-known marketing tactic to create a 'contest', the participant interest generated through which you can create a huge 'prospect list' to later sell or promote your products.

Still a "viral" fantasy, in a different set of sheeple clothing, and probably not the last meme-flavor we'll see...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thanx Outrageo..you know how strange I sound even to myself..allow me a gratuitous non self serving Remark ALIENWARE MAKES THE BEST LAPTOPS ON EARTH!

I remember Waynes world..he had that little studio and which was commercial free yet had a coke can with a focus on it (money under the table)..it was so funny.

The artisans and community part is what I look foward to..sometimes wee hidden truths are slipped into a program just like an easter egg. I am sensing that..Doc picked up on it. I think all of us have...it may have either a political or technical aspect I was unaware beyond the the craft and diagram itself.

Intermission..DELL ROCKS!! BUT ALIENWARE SLAMS!! ATS USERS LOVE ALIENWARE!! DON"T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT ONE!

now, as more come in errors will be made..thats a fact of life..its a mandelbrot a fractal..a sure bet..

intermission..By the Way, Have you hugged your ALIENWARE LAPTOP TODAY?!

REM Program interrupts at line fault break insert sub routine at 00411]

press enter to continue :

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

Alienware should give each one of 'us' each a new laptop. he he...(us, meaning the intellectuals who have been meme-ing ourselves to death)

I mean, if they are jumping in late on the meme, we did the leg work. And if they are the 'creators', we pretty much kept the meme alive since it took them so long to get to this point.

I think it would be very fair. But I guess everyone of us who spent any time on this whole affair would want one, which could get expensive.... Oh well, good thing I more computers than I can use right now...

One again, nice work to all the 'drone road dawgs' who have stayed in the ring, instead of throwing in the towel.

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Doc, Doc, Doc...

Dear Sir - they have no intention of 'giving away' anything. What they want is your name and number to SELL you something.

They are opportunists that see a chance to take advantage of some free "BUZZ" that was, in large part, generated by the good folks here at ATS (and similar forums).

The campaign currently waged is viral in the sense that the hope is that the 'free publicity' generated by the CARET Characters -and now - The CARET Character Contest produces enough new "leads" for the subsequent sales staff to use in their pipeline.

Quota, my friend. This deciphering "contest" is all about exceeding quota - and to do it on the cheap. It's a viral piggyback effort to glom off of the momentum fueled by others.

Sneaky: You bet.

Clever: I s'pose.

Legal: Probly.

Ethical: Hmmm...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Doc that link was so fabulous..I have eye candy coming out my ears.
thank you. I swear I wanted to do that light noise bomber on a trike..back in the sixties I remember what they called a happening..an art form..where a group would cruise the street at wierd hours..dressed in white radiation chem suits playing saxophones..and a coffin in a convertible car..nice anitwar protest too., not like kerry who trew his medals away at a protest..(only they were copies) hehehe the spirit lives on..

Now In my hunt thru graffitti..something else came up on design and accuracy..this is an unusual sight incorporatiing what we have been talking about..it is very elegent..check thow the design the first page with imagery....they use shared spaces..shared geometries..sharied data , inticate mapping and patterns..as in our diagrams..on an on..I was so I mpressed I emailed them. I know you will to be impressed..
accuracyandaesthetics.com...

I hope you all can go thru this one..I have an odd feeling I got something..but don't know what..and I dont want to let it go..

Hi Vic..yes thats several times on the mapping by caret via vanessen

its got to run on a computer so who else would be involved? yes..the same have a caret Educationa foundation bless their hearts.
i left premed ..didnt want to kill mice..pith them
psych dept had mice too with eyes gouged out and electrode implants//bizarre. thats the unsanitized science we dont see in the open.
like those mice growing a human ear on its back.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Came up for air. Saully, Washington U, Van Essen... more corps. A bit like hunting my own. Cross-reference. The stack is phat - no contest. I've been "stormed"... called for "old ones". On it... look cultural.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Wow - Sys - another great find! The Accuracy&Aesthetics site is awesome. Though some (many) of the links on that site are redundant or "404"-ed, quite a few gems are hiding under the right rocks...

I especially liked the mapping/visualization area - and the writing/scripting as it may pertain to our CARET characters.

Cool.

BTW - is that a brain sailing under & through the St. Louis Arch in your graphic above? That's just too weird...

p.s. The Alienware boys are, IMO, doing double-duty: viral marketing of their own AND tossing some bait out there to see if anyone steps out of the shadows to "claim" ownership/infringement. It can only be one of two that would do so: 1. an alien (unlikely), or 2. the hoaxer/artist. My guess is that the Alienwarees are safe in their presumption they can proceed on their campaign unmolested...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I knew you would all like it..I have not plundered it yet. but these are the positive groups..the good guys..using tech positively.
Please give Vic Kudos for surfacing ..gave me the impetus search of Van Essen ..it is one of things associated thinly with the fleas on our dog..the cross links after and databases being accumalated may go beyong just bio med research..references made to hospital access and interoperability..ie passive acquisition of data and subsequent sharingMed Dtabases are the ones that contain all info from cradle to grave..info being generated even on your gait of walking in a crowd to single you out as well as face

[edit on 26-10-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Two of the three Amigos are Alienware users (S.O. is a Mac guy).
I can attest to the fact they ROCK.

I suspect, like many here do, that Alienware caught on to the "CARET" biz right here on ATS and it occurred to them they could use it as a viral means to gather prospects without paying a huge royalty.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

S.O. is a Mac guy

BURN HIM !!!

ehm...sorry for the intrusion.

On topic, tried to get a sense into the Primer with the translation from yuefo, but couldn't get much sense into anything there.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've heard a couple of times when alienware have posted things on their site that they do not in fact own. Usually it's due to an unscrouplious sub contracted designer finding something on a CG site and not telling alienware.

They may well not be aware that this has a 'background' and think its just a cool looking image. (Usually their way of 'dealing' with artwork thats been 'borrowed' without thier knowledge is to wait for the author to come forward and offer them money.)

It is going to be interesting to see how this developes.

Wayne...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Well since two out of three Amigos agree... Seriously, you should get them to sponsor a 'real' ats style contest. Not some word jumble, data-mining operation...

Really though, did they 'crack' the cipher in order to hijack the 'meme'? Or did they just create a 'translation' for their own purpose. I actually got tired of the bickering amont the font-o-philes that I stopped paying much attention in that thread.

Seriously, has anyone 'translated' the Caret Docs using the Alienware 'cipher'?

DocMoreau

PS
Tell S.O. I stand with him in the pyre...

And to Phil J... Thanks for the Carriage Return One Liner, with quote, to derail this thread with your computer bigotry. On this thread we have tried to stay away from that garbage, and your post will stand as a lasting testament to those of us here who continue to 'deny ignorance'...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yup - SecretWeb and Doc (and Sys et al)...

Springer's comment is right on - as are all of yours. Alienware DOES have some awesome stuff, and they're already well-established in the marketplace. As Secret says, however, the 'boss' is not always fully aware on what the underlings (or paid independents/interns/freeware hounds) are up to - they just know what looks 'cool', looks like it would 'work', gets the job done.

Maybe someone with an inside track (*cough* springer *sniff*) can drop them a quick line (i.e., to the upper echelon) to see how 'aware' they may be.

If they're fully aware - well, that would be very interesting. I would then want to know their motivation for bastardizing CARET graphics so blatantly - which is not to suggest such motives are not viable, resourceful, or have capital potential.

If they're fully unaware (i.e., they'll not deny ignorance) then that is equally interesting - in which case I'm curious if they plan to follow through with their contest (likely, since they're already vested) and "maintain ignorance" or make a graceful exit.

My hope is that they are either intentionally baiting the perpetrators to 'claim' some infringement, or that they were inadvertently drawn into the morass by an unassuming plebe.

Of course, by now, they may have already been "alerted" and are weighing their options. Oh - to be a fly on the wall... (or in the ointment - he he he)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I just have one question: How did the graffiti artists get those pesky drones to stand still so they could tag the drone arms and body with such precision? Spray cans and stencils or magic markers? (;->]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by klatunictobarata

Klatuu welcome back..you missed a bit..but in summary the artwork is in the diagrams I had posted ..I blew up the diagrams where you can see the cartoon figures ..I used the term graffiti because it was of the bright colors used reminded me of that.they were making a statement! when they did that..
that whats impostant is invisible..at regular size you did not see the figures..they were invisible to our eye..It is just a regular diagram .
plese look above the next to last picture where first you see a little atom ..then look straight up. to the letter..whats the little guy sitting there ..other letters had the Mapmaker another character in the story..no such thing on the drones outside thats normal.

point is..that is what makes this a hoax..as well as the other stuff I found.
Alienware popped up in this thing but Dell owns them. Now dell is heavy into collaborative communities, social corporate responsibilty etc. and is doiing all it can to promote that image. The facxt you have a copyrighted work inside the diagram adds to the collaboration of groups or people.

By the wHy is the isaaccaret.com registered in washington address whereas the lawyer Todd is in Oregon, with offices in Texas, where Dell headquarters is.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
By the wHy is the isaaccaret.com registered in washington address whereas the lawyer Todd is in Oregon, with offices in Texas, where Dell headquarters is.

I think this might be the Jeopardy style 'answer' in the form of a question, if in fact Alienware/Dell are the perps here. Meme-jackers or Psyche-hackers...

Alex, I would like UFO Hoaxes for 1000.
DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Springer!! mi amigo!

I wont hold alienware to malice of forethought..I have always loved their stuff..I love macs..and I like dell..they had the best user forums I have ever seen..Isaac surrendered rights as that open source peer group thing that is the evolving ..he had to open source open access requires it he they it cannot sue for copyright violation.....no one can copyright ..
thats the catch you can use that on your sweaters and goods no one will come after you. Isaaccaret.com crosses bellingham Washington an isp check intersected also with dslq.w.sea.openaccess.org ..take it from there you have to chop off some front end to get to it so it tells me a lot right there.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Sys_Config]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join