It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CARET/Drones Debunked? – A “viral” fantasy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Sure looks like a bug to me, close up and kinda blurry while the camera is on near-infinity to get the jet. I see wings. Mothra returns. There's the drone/Greer connection we've been looking for. (well, SOME of us, anyway.)

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

by Sys…
…its 415 …questions from audience... but..no Caret;
…its 445 Stan responding…but no caret;
…[its] 454 Stan wins the fast blast. Not one caller on Caret.

Thanks, Sys: This aspect of the Isaac/CARET/drone meme angle is starting to bug me. All these top-gun UFO researchers and nobody touches the drones? WHY NOT? Are they avoiding the topic? You know there is a screener on these talk shows that ‘vets’ the caller to see if the question will be appropriate before going on the air. Do the guests (or hosts) put the word out that NO questions or comments on the drones will be put through?

Is it a KISS method of keeping the banter low-key and off-Isaac/drones? Is LMH and few other fringe ‘journalists’ the only ones that want to talk about this? Why? Has anyone heard if any of the top echelon in UFO research have responded to the Isaac/drone/CARET story? Why is this thing ONLY discussed, explored, pondered upon in internet forums. ATS alone has thousands of postings on this already over the past several months – yet the good Dr’s of mainstream UFO are nowhere weighing in. Where are the Friedmans, Goodes, and Randels? Don’t they have an opinion? Aren’t they the least bit curious? Maybe they are only interested in selling their own books and really don’t care to discuss anything not covered in their own writings?

If nothing else, I’d be interested in hearing if any of these “pros” subscribe to any of the debunking theories, if they have an opinion on the CARET documents feasibility. At a minimum, their perspective might help us understand this whole issue better, maybe even help us get to the bottom of it. We clearly need some help with hoax dissection - something these guys have all had opinions about in the past.

For that matter, how come our tiptoe-in-the-tulips Greer camp haven’t weighed in? Do they think it’s bunk? Do they think it’s real? Why/why not?

In fact, where are the true-blue skeptics. I would think guys like Michael Shermer would be all over this, tearing it to pieces, chewing it up, and spitting it out as the perfect example of a NON-UFO event/story. Isn’t that his forte? Isn’t that how he makes a living. He could’ve sold a million books on the drone-debunking case study by now. I don’t get it. Where is everybody? Are we left only with C2C, Earthfiles, and ATS (and their lower tier hangers-on)? Isn’t this story bigger than that? Has the local news stations in central California even mentioned these drones once – even as just an interest story re PALC, etc?

Ok – enough soap. It just seems very odd that the whole CARET debacle has metastasized among you and me but is not reaching a logical conclusion. The effort was too big, the art and science of it (even as a hoax) too elegant, the forethought passionate, the reaction (here at least) profound.

I simply can’t accept that the design of this project does not also include an equally intense end-game. Perhaps, if the meme-ites are the script-writers, they are content with the way things are/have unfolded and are simply digesting everything so they can ‘create’ the next phase: movie-book-video game-thesis-what have you.
Damn them!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

by torsion;
“If it is organised I feel it may be nothing more than viral performance art where the observers are the performers, or a psychosomatic University experiment where the spectator is the cavea porcellus. (A similarly themed experiment took place in Australia recently).”

Wow – I like your chain of thought here (though I think you mean cavia porcellus, hmmm?). BTW – I would love to see a reference on the Australian experiment you hinted at. Got a link or something?

Yes, you're correct cavia, not ea - I should have stuck with guinea pig!

The Australian hoax I mention must have been covered on ATS in the past, I'm sure. Here's a link to the man responsible. I no longer have a link to the page I had and I'm sure it mentioned he received financial assistance from a university to fund the project. Once hoaxes are admitted to I lose interest so the link was sent to the bin!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thanx for that link tor'.
I read it and thought about the impact of the Aus event. Perhaps others did too? Wink, wink. What do you think of the idea of "memes-gone-wild"... replcating into the void of CARET syntax or "sin tax"? Awesome movie storyline - like "Coma" meets "Terminal Man". None of it "works" without humans.

"Slick", government funded as an Art Project... Gear! Oh yeah, I guess that's the "new" ethics, I didn't do so well with "new" math either. Times change.

I like when hoaxers are exposed! I also am guilty of "enjoying" the hunt for the truth.

I wonder if CGI (Cult Greer International) has any CGI folks? 'Certainly has some programmed beasts of burden and some that "couldn't be broken" to accept the code? Nah, couldn't happen. LOL.

Perhaps, Mothra I was designed to be "perceived as lame" and promoted by the "lame" by design? Hmmm? Testing, testing, voice check: 1, 2, 3, 4... There are a bunch of confluent events that do "cross-paths" at the fully booked 2 day "Mini-Accolite-Mothra-Marketing-Meme-Martyr-Montreal" event... wanna ticket? Sold out! LOL. "Jesus of Montreal" was an interesting flick.

Is "disclosure" close? We shall see.

Cheers tor',

Vic

[edit on 2-8-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
I wonder if CGI (Cult Greer International) has any CGI folks? 'Certainly has some programmed beasts of burden and some that "couldn't be broken" to accept the code? Nah, couldn't happen. LOL.

Don't think Cult Greer is involved with this. Greer's cabin boy has anti-drone stuff on his site.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Its just like the davinci code myth, it has still been going strong, despite debunking, with variations. a virus does that with or without control. once out it just evolves and spreads like the ripples in a small pond, and return to the center, and back again. we are immune to this one now but visitors that have not read prior posts go on asking, hitting pushing buttons to sites, and they generate money for those sites visited as google allocates money and ads to those sites. much like when you post an article on let us say contraceptives you will see neat little ads appear all along the spaces along side the posts that would name several brands.Thats why LMH or C2c don't care about the truth only the prolongation of the myth. I think we would be naive knowing what we know now to expect them to be more honest. They are entertainers, not scientists. This precisely why we all felt going in circles because WE ARE THE CRANK! and hand cranks just go round and round Its actually money maker whether a book comes out or not. The beast will be neutered when we all stop putting Is** Ca** in our searches. I think the aspect of the science of this has been worked out and its just being tweaked and refined by the researchers and marketers.
in an older hoax that had expert witnesses (appeared on c2c)that turned out to be coworkers at a seven 11 or something,(i swear) the mexican news promotorers (their version of George noory) are still talking about the fake fotos even though they know its fake. Unbelievable..Not once has C2C addressed that hoax, because It did what it was supposed to do, generate traffic and still does. By the way..this is a serious question..have any crop circles appeared in afghanistan? Or Zimbabwe? or the Sudan. Arent they supposed to be like ET messages of peace or something..
I ran across an anti meme article but it was a little convoluted so I won't post. The general gyst was don't react and push buttons. Not one more click..

SyS

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
By the way..this is a serious question..have any crop circles appeared in afghanistan? Or Zimbabwe? or the Sudan.

That just seems so appropriate to me. A crop circle in the middle of a poppy field used to harvest opium.....

I think you are right on the money, literally, when you look at what is promoted, or allowed to be promoted, on some sites. The whole issue is to keep traffic high because page views=$$. No different than the main media.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
ROFLMAO, Schuyler hey did you know that our soldiers are now forbidden from interfering with their poppy farms? its ironic because the Taliban wants them all burned.

The father of media virus just put a book out..Coercion which is supposed to use tactics even the CIA( the masters of mind games)use in their interrogation to counter the enemies own mind game

one page wrapup

From the father of media virus

That 2nd is to the book,

SyS

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
torsion, Sys, Schuy, Vic - excellent sleuthing - this is good stuff. That meme one page wrap-up article was bulls-eye, imo: fits our CARROTS to a "T". Amazing what marketing dunderheads can do. We must assume that there are brilliant people taking advantage of the meme-internet potential. All super-smart folk don't just design rockets, you know. Some have designs on our wallets.

BTW, there's a lot of speculation, etc. regarding the opium fields in Afghanee here at ATS and elsewhere - you've probably seen some of it. Funny how both the Taliban and the "coalition forces" both publicly despise the poppy-trades and are pouring tons of resources into eradication, yet each passing year those lowly farmers manage to crank out yet another bumper crop that beats all previous records. Whose controlling all that money, hmmm?

Anyway - back to the memee meanies: Yes - I agree that page hits and view bucks may be part of the plan here. Can it be that LMH/C2C et al are unwitting coconspirators in perpetuating a meme-myth of this proportion? Nah...

BTW - Schuyler, the dragonfly pic looks more mechanical than natural bug-like to me - though it could just as easily have been CGI and/or added into the too-convenient air museum shot for a bit of drama. You know of course, that many universities and DoD contractors are currently feverishly developing small UAV's that would/could resemble the dragonfly pic (curiously, many are actually named "Dragonfly XXX, etc.). Some of these can fit in the palm of your hand. I read a science article recently that one contractor is actually looking into "nano-drones" - microscopic drones that are built up atom-by-atom and can fly up your nose. Yikes...

Here's a few already in prototype phase (except for the middle pic - which is our 'control' unit:

[edit on 8/2/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thanx Outrageo', the pic you blew up of the "flapper" that was posted by BX... I'm no bug guy, but that does look a bit funny - march of the drones! UAV's of all and shapes and capabilities. That "teenie-tiny" one from the ME is some pretty advanced "research". Berkeley's robofly isn't bad either... Georgia Tech has some interesting capabilities too.

Like everything... "the void almost filled leaves one hungry"; inconclusive. The story of our lives... the carrot just out of reach, most times.

Anecdotally we're seeing people quit "drones" like a tobacco habit... sooner or later I would expect to see something "grand" happen to counter this, maybe. It really is/was/would be quite a paper for a grad student studying the effects of "hoax" in the Web 2.0 setting, they wouldn't have had to even have been in on "it" (the hoax/whatever) - Data Central - Ethical Plausible Deniability.

It all started with one drone... think of the brain space exposed, think of it in person-hours of attention. Serious traffic.

The altruistic thing to do may be to wait and see what happens next. I see no clarification from LM-H, which may or may not be forthcoming. I have enough data for myself to have formed the opinion that "drones" are an interesting communication study regardless of source.

I want to request a drone with an orange sphere attached. LOL.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 2-8-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I visited the ovnis-usa site and the following software for clearing blurs and restoring definition to all photos..Focusmagic
this will be an indispensable tool for all of us..download trial is free and purchase later. its amazing and i cant wait to try it out

Ovnis gives a day by day summary of the caret thing based on groups like ours researching. Please spread the word abot this software asap to other forums here
Thanx

ps schuyler I will be adding to your list it should stretch from here to texas and halfway back

SyS

[edit on 3-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
I visited the ovnis-usa site and the following software for clearing blurs and restoring definition to all photos..Focusmagic

Looks very cool. We will probably need some help with the ovnis site considering it's in French. Mine is rusty. With pictures, though, I canm kinda make out what's being said. My high school French was 40 years ago. (Eek!)

ps schuyler I will be adding to your list it should stretch from here to texas and halfway back

Cool! Thought it was dead.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Why don't we make a deal: if this is viral marketing, let's decide on a date in future and if no reconizable marketing campaign can be associated with these images... then will the debunkers appologize? I will watch this story develop or NOT develop as it may.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Why don't we make a deal: if this is viral marketing, let's decide on a date in future and if no reconizable marketing campaign can be associated with these images... then will the debunkers appologize? I will watch this story develop or NOT develop as it may.

Despite the title, this isn't really a thread about viral marketing. We're making a large and acknowledged assumption here and saying the drones are a hoax. IF they are a hoax, then what? We want to know why, how, and who. On other threads the idea of viral marketing has been discussed in depth. One by one the candidates have fallen away. Transformers did not work. Halo3 did not work. I think there was one other that did not work. In any case, if there is NO viral marketing discovered by a certain date, no one HERE has to apologize for anything.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Salutations;

I will start off by briefly introducing myself. I joined ATS today, though I have watched (with great interest) a number of the boards here - including the Isaac/CARET controversy.

Although my interest has waned on the subject, I happened across this a day or two ago. Earthfiles' Linda Moulton Howe posted an "update" from Isaac, in response to a letter she allegedly wrote to him on 7/27/07.

www.earthfiles.com...

Not to suggest it sparked up my interest - but it mentions nothing about a viral marketing campaign, and I thought it would be relevant here.

Well, cheers.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The whole carat saga is kind of a strange one, it is considerably more believable than most hoaxes, but from the moment I first saw the pictures, hoax was the first thing that came into my mind. The article posted was certainly useful for debunking, but im not sure its conclusive enough to decided for sure either way.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Jackdaw
I will start off by briefly introducing myself. I joined ATS today, though I have watched (with great interest) a number of the boards here - including the Isaac/CARET controversy.

Welcome and thanks for posting. I read the file. It sounds like Isaac is just defending himself and answering his critics. I don't see much 'new' information here, but it certainly adds to Drone Lore. I'm a little frustrated at the lack of progress here, or perhaps it's the lack of titilation. Every weekend that comes by I think, "Time for a new Drone!" But they appear to be lying low at the moment. Gee, I hope they don't go the way of the disappearing honeybees!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yes Schuyler that and the fact she sat on it for a month. But what is happening now with the newcomers is the ripple effect, the re-explanation re debate..and the perpetuation of the meme..not necessarily a viral hoax, still viral by effect. Thanx for posting that thing on the moon on that thread..well my thread..hehhehe i have to eat it, but it was the date the update on that came out. yesterday. and had seen a may article on it..its like a slurry of hoaxes and memes come out then..speaking of a myth that kept going on ..there was one about the pope john something in 800s having been seen getting off a horse and gave birth to a child. it spread like wildfire and stuff is printed out later I guess to weaken the vatican and the catholicchurch at the time. what is interesting is that later the 1700s was was the century for forgery and hoaxes that persist today as there was a huge demand for" ancient artifacts" during the Rennaisance, thus the frauds. Does that sound familiar ?

Visit the museum of Hoaxes for free! Be sure to tell them SyS sent you

Mr kaminsky please tell me what you are holding in your hands in the Avatar..I cannot see too good..I was too embarassed to ask..but what the heck ..I thought it was a kitten ..am I right? on Avatars, it says no uploading, I want to shed mine now, for something else. Thanx

SyS o/

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes I am 99% that this is a Viral Campaign.
I believe that is tie to The Matrix 4, I have too many evidence that spotlight the Matrix Movies.

Compare the Matrix movies to the letters, philosophy, and question to the beginning of AI.

The other movie is Independence Day 2 the only movie that could spotlight drone/Isaac report.

It’s hard to me, to understand why people waste their energy and time on stories that don't make sense. I came to the conclusion that all UFO stories are phony. Since I love wasting my time on this UFO stuff, keep them coming Brother.

Isaac brother run the alien will be hunting you down, run, run, run.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by newkid
Yes I am 99% that this is a Viral Campaign. I believe that is tie to The Matrix 4, I have too many evidence that spotlight the Matrix Movies.

WHAT evidence, specifically? Please--don't keep us in suspense! If you have 'too many evidence,' please do enlighten us! Thanks!

The other movie is Independence Day 2 the only movie that could spotlight drone/Isaac report.

WHAT evidence, specifically? Is it Matrix or Independence Day or both?

It’s hard to me, to understand why people waste their energy and time on stories that don't make sense. I came to the conclusion that all UFO stories are phony. Since I love wasting my time on this UFO stuff, keep them coming Brother.

Wow. I feel for you, brother. I also wonder why I am wasting my time replying to a post so lacking in content. If you have some evidence that would contribute to the discussion, spit it out. But if you expect us to feed you with more stories you can disbelieve and 'keep them coming,' I suspect you have chosen the wrong venue to exhibit your superior reasoning talents.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join