It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simpsons movie = dissappointment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Saw the Simpsons movie today was a dissappointment, I had braced myself for it though, from the trailers I didnt see many funny moments that particularly stood out, but hey its the Simpsons so I went along to see it anyway.

anyone else have the same reservations or do you disagree with my view?

SR

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Will see it tommorow i aint holding out much hope for it either from what i've saw on youtube.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ah well good thing you went in with no expectations, its a kids movie for crying out loud. Besides, they just want to find out if they should continue to fill FOX with the Simpsons for the 500th year in a row. The kids all want to see it but I think we will wait until it comes out on DVD. I do like the way Barney belches :LOL:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Seriously?

I was literally in fits at most of it. I thought it was just as good as the series but MUCH funnier. I'd say my fave moments but I don't wanna give much away. One bit though was killer:

Burns: They've taken everything Smithers. I'm not a believer in suicide, but... if you'd like to try it might cheer me up a little.

LOVED IT!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ah well good thing you went in with no expectations, its a kids movie for crying out loud. Besides, they just want to find out if they should continue to fill FOX with the Simpsons for the 500th year in a row. The kids all want to see it but I think we will wait until it comes out on DVD. I do like the way Barney belches :LOL:

I would hardly catagorize The Simpsons as kids viewing. It is without a doubt the best show ever aired on television for comedic social and political commentary. Lefties, righties, greens, the famous, the infamous, the rich, the poor, doctors, lawyers, and indian chiefs. Everybody get's skewered on The Simpsons.

I hope they leave it on for another twenty years.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Musky]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I would have to disagree. I thought it was one of the better movies I have seen in a while. The writing and jokes were great.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It got pretty decent reviews and the people I know who went to see it liked it. I woudn't call it a kids movie at all either. A lot of the jokes even in the show are not really for kids. I'm still not sure that I'll see it in the theaters but I am looking forward to catching it.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Meh, I have to say, I could of waited for it to come out on DVD. I thought I spent too much to see something they could of "two-episoded" (Minus the yellow twig and berries and Marge swearing) and shown to me on Sunday Night.
I laughed. It was consistantly Simpson's classic funny. My 10-year-old daughter laughed at a very funny skateboard scene. So did I. I'm glad I wasn't sipping my soda when that flashed by!
She also loved both scenes with Homer and Bart working on the roof.

Like I said, I could of waited.
The Mrs. and the 10 year-old could not.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm not expecting much from this movie, the Simpsons has always been over rated in my opinion and I can't stand the annoying Bart character; Even the woman who does his voice is obnoxious.

I love Homer though, he's the one bright spot. "Whoooo's a good pig?! Phhhyyybbtt!"

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well i just saw it with one of my best mates and some parts were hilarious, i nearly wet my self, and about 20 mintues of it was slow, still good but i never expected it to be massive. although seeing barts.....member was an.....interesting part.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It was ok. I wasn't that impressed, but I got tired of the Simpsons years ago. Now a Futurama movie I'd like to see.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
@ kruel....rumor has it that its a futurama film in the works...so lets hope for the best lol as far as simpsons go i want to see the movie but for fear of disapointment will wait for dvd.....so if it does disapoint i can enhance its funny lol

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It wasn't a disappointment... it just wasn't "better" than one of their episodes, like most people would have expected.

For me, it was just like one big episode - funny!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I actually liked it but I also went in with very low expectations. I was really skeptical that they could carry out a single story line for more than an hour without it getting really really lame. I'm not sure I'd buy it for my home collection but it was fun to see with friends after a few beers.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Can only see it once or it would be terrible the second time i would think.

ProTo FF

new topics

top topics

join