It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland General: Attack 'Could Happen Any Day'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Homeland General: Attack 'Could Happen Any Day'

infowars.com

"I believe there are cells in the United States, or at least people who aspire to create cells in the United States," Renuart said in an interview with The Associated Press. "To assume that there are not those cells is naive and so we have to take that threat seriously."

He added, "Am I concerned that this will happen this summer, I have to be concerned that it could happen any day."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It seems like these terror threats always get worse in the summer time. They are telling us that security has improved a lot over the past few years, but at the same time they fear monger and talk of eminent threats.

Air Force Gen. Victor Renuart also talked about chemical, nuclear and biological attacks. He explains that it would take 1 to 2 years for our forces to be built up to better respond to the situation, implying that we are not prepared for such an attack.

Thoughts? Comments?

infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah we get it from time to time in the UK, its generally followed by the Government bringing in some law or other to tighten something up.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
this is fear mongering, but when something happens that real,

this is how they get more money for their programs they make the scurd people call their congress or senate and tell them they are scurd and they want more done and in return for votes the congress or senate will approve more funding for the terror/fear objective. and thus another threat alert.

May cottage cheese always fill their shoes.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
this is fear mongering, but when something happens that real,

They probobly won't be able to stop it IMO. I pray nothing happens, we are already on the verge of becomeing a police state.

this is how they get more money for their programs they make the scurd people call their congress or senate and tell them they are scurd and they want more done and in return for votes the congress or senate will approve more funding for the terror/fear objective. and thus another threat alert.

So when are we going to wake up and realize these tactics? I honestly don't feel any safer then how I felt after 9/11. It seems people are on edge lately with the constant barrage of terrorist threats, with very few actual terrorists caught.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Honestly I don't blame them being worried another attack could happen, and I honestly
applaud them for there honesty.

Only now are we actually taking the steps and securing our ports and such and improving
security as the 9/11 commission report suggested we do.

To be quite honest, I'm mildly surprised that another attack has'nt happened,
nothing major like 9/11, but say like a boat being blown up in a major commercial harbour.

We're just lucky that the terrorists, be they the few if any real Al Queda cells here
or some other Islamic extremist or extremest in general, are both not very strategically
smart and not as resource abundant as they were.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I feel as it is just more fear mongering to make us extra scared so we will allow another law (for our security of course
) to be passed.

However, I doubt that many countries in the world today are really prepared for the danger of chem attacks.

-Frontkjemper

new topics

top topics

join