It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA raids 10 LA Medical Marijuana Clinics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

DEA raids 10 LA Medical Marijuana Clinics

myfoxatlanta.com< br />

07/26/2007 --
Federal agents raided 10 marijuana clinics Wednesday, the same day city leaders introduced a measure calling for an end to the crackdown on the dispensaries allowed under state law.

The bust netted five arrests, large quantities of marijuana and cash, and was the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's second-largest since California voters approved medical marijuana sales in 1996. The drug remains illegal under federal law.

(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit : fixed long link

[edit on 7/26/2007 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Seems like they would worry about more serious matters than this after all this time. If the people of the state voted that these dispensaries are ok, then what is the problem here? I don't quite get how a state can ok something that the Federal gov't has not, but that is beside the point. It is a shame to disprupt the patients' lives due to a dated policy. Special thanks to Nancy Reagan for starting this movement of chastising Americans who are minding their own business. "Gee that cancer patient sure was a threat after he got the munchies!"

myfoxatlanta.com< br />
(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit: fixed long link

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The bust netted five arrests, large quantities of marijuana and cash, and was the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's second-largest since California voters approved medical marijuana sales in 1996. The drug remains illegal under federal law.

Where do you think all the marijuana and cash goes?
Its so easy to just raid these places to get up some extra money for other operations.
Its like a big savings account that they can make a withdraw from anytime they feel the need. They even know when they have the most money so they can hit em at the right time.

Its a legal way for the Fed. Government to sell drugs through a proxy.
They actually don't condone the sell of or they don't sell it themselves but they will take and spend the money.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here is another link:

Earlier this month, the DEA sent letters to at least 30 landlords of marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles County warning their property and assets could be seized. Agency officials said at the time the letters were not a threat.

www.foxnews.com

[edit on 2007/7/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Don't those (Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.) have anything better to do, like stopping the meth, coke and heroin coming in from Mexico? Not to mention all of the real criminals running around terrorizing innocent, hard working citizens (yes, I mean Congress
)

The shear stupidity of laws prohibiting the growth and use of a PLANT is absolutely staggering, and now they want to go after the medical use of it! I fail to see how anyone is harmed by AIDS and cancer patients toking up.

Why doesn't the federal government legalize it, and slap taxes on it? Seems to make much more sense that all of the money presently being wasted chasing down growers, sellers, and users, prosecuting them, and storing them in jail.

I, for one, would like to see one of the major presidential candidates address this particular issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Good luck with that wish, my friend. I absolutely agree that the focus should be on meth and coc aine but as stated above, they make too much money from the "war" that has crippled our justice and prison systems for the last 20+ years.

If the letters that were sent out aren't threats, then what.... a promise maybe? Rediculously unneccessary use of power over the citizens' desires. Like I stated before, this was VOTED in. Doesn't that mean that the feds are in possible violation of their power? (on paper anyway?) Then again, what's new?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Another thread of interest....

BTS post

What America Could Learn from Amsterdam.....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They make more money from it being Illegal, with all the fines, siezed property and so forth not to mention the black ops projects who prolly sell it to fund underground programs.

Who makes more money, a DVD sales company, or a Guy who downloads the DVDs burns them, slaps a cover and case to it and sells it for 10 bucks?

You would think the DVD company with all its Millions it makes, but they still have over head costs and such, that guy just has a overhead of ISP costs.

You send black ops to grow, or sieze plants and sell them thru others, your talking a Pure Profit, You make it legal put taxes on it, then you have everyone and their mom selling it, growing it and smoking it without having to go thru them those taxes will go into the Guberment slush fund for world distraction.

It will be legal, Once we havent an america.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Meanwhile, there's always civil disobedience!

(Sorry for the one-liner)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Gee,our federal tax dollars at work again huh?Have states rights dwindled away to nothing?If the people of their states have no say as to the laws there then this cannot possibly be called a democracy any longer.This is a dictatorship run from central power moscow.....oops my bad!washington.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Cannabis is illegal for the same reason that most other psychedelics are illegal.. because they can open up your mind, and help you delve into the area of "self".

I wander how many billions of dollars the DEA has wasted trying to "stop" the flow of drugs... i also wander how little of an impact they have had. Evidently people are going to consume drugs whether the elite like it or not..

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I rarely weigh in on this simply because it is an exercise in futility. Simply another example of States rights being diminished.

I wonder though how it will look to future generations when marijuana - specifically THC - is found to be a godsend for those with Alzheimers.

Wouldn't that just give Nancy Regan fits - she may have had many more years with her hubby.

A great article on the benefits of THC can be found - here

B.

top topics

join