It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pool stolen from yard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Was browsing Drudge and came across this story. I think they probably just siphoned it into the nearest storm drain.

Valdivia woke Wednesday morning to find that her family's inflatable pool, hip high and 10 feet in diameter and filled with water, was stolen from her backyard in the middle of the night. There is no evidence that the water was poured out, pumped out, evaporated or drunk.

Pool Stolen
[edit on 26-7-2007 by Quasar]

Mod Edit: Changed link to hyperlink, straighten the page.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
please sort your link out

whats your prospective of this?

its not that hard pipe the water into a drain
deflaite and pack and go

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't know why the link doesn't work. Even trying to edit it, it still stays like that.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar
I don't know why the link doesn't work. Even trying to edit it, it still stays like that.

[url= url of source no spaces]custom name[/ url] make sure there arent anyspaces

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I have nothing to back this with at present, but a couple of years ago it seems I heard on c2c about water dissapearing from large builtin swiming pool, ponds and lakes. Interesting. I have to say I honestly believe it is emergency H2o for visiting Ufo's.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
its not that hard pipe the water into a drain
deflaite and pack and go

What's hard is leaving no evidence of the water being drained. It could have been that the water was drained by a hose into a storm drain, but even that is a pretty elaborate scheme, that even in the dead of night would have place the perpetrators in a precarious position.

There is a logical explanation, but it's at least as mysterious as crop circles.

[edit on 2007/7/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Even if some water spilled, it does dry up where it was spilled eventually. Whos to say it wasn't spilled and then either soaked into the ground or evaporated? It doesn't scream out that aliens came and took the water. Why would they want pool water? It's got chemicals and probably kid pee. Gross aliens if ya ask me.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Reminds me of disappearing lakes.

Chile
Iceland
Russia

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was drunk last night and i saw this story on TV. I was with my girlfriend and we were laughing because one of the people reporting the story was getting so mad and frustrated because there was no explanation. He was saying something to the effect "THE POOL AND THE WATER WERE STOLEN WITH NO EVIDENCE LEFT BEHIND!!!" I found it really funny, it has to be aliens or something because it just doesn't make any sense at all!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
Even if some water spilled, it does dry up where it was spilled eventually. Whos to say it wasn't spilled and then either soaked into the ground or evaporated?

According to the story the theft occurred between 1am and 5am.

That much water doesn't evaporate in the wee hours of the morning.

It's obviously a well thought out prank or perhaps the homeowner isn't being truthful about the pool being full at the time of the theft, for insurance purposes perhaps.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i wonder if they stole the ladder too...

top topics

join