It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis May Experience Sadness When Friends, Relatives Die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Iraqis May Experience Sadness When Friends, Relatives Die

www.theonion.com

CHAPEL HILL, NC—A field study released Monday by the University of North Carolina School of Public Health suggests that Iraqi citizens experience sadness and a sense of loss when relatives, spouses, and even friends perish, emotions that have until recently been identified almost exclusively with Westerners.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i was looking for a punchline as i was reading through this. can people really be that narrow minded? that's a pretty dehumanizing view of iraqis like they're some kind of primitive species on national geographic. i just dont understand the logic on how a group of people can examine another group of people they see as inferior and then say "hey look at that...they're almost like real people like us"

www.theonion.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
dude, it's the onion. satirical news

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What you've said is better than any punchline. I think the University of North Carolina School of Public Health should be thoroughly investigated to see if they've a working brain cell between the lot of them, and then closed down.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
So, it's a hoax? Thank goodness for that. Pretty sick though.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
jumping onions, it's a comedy site. all the news on the site mocks the regular news.

there was no study.

next person to post about the atrocities of this study without reading my posts stating that The Onion is a satirical site and that the study isn't real, is going to come down with a serious case of bad karma, in the form of dead cats falling on them whenever they leave their home.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

i never heard of that site, i seen the link for that in a hockey forum lol. i know now, based on that first impression, not to take them seriously.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by radioactive_liquid]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i feel like a total douche now lol, i just looked at the rest of that site and i get the picture now........damn i need sleep lol

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
it's ok. there have been others who have done this with The Onion and other satirical sites. There's currently one about ufos leaving massive wakes in the clouds. There was one about penguins a while back from the same mock eco-friendly site.

and I promise you, after all of your posts and mine, someone will post about how wrong this study is and how the group should be jailed or punished.

top topics

join