It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major News Regarding The Above Network and AboveTopSecret.com

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hmmmn.....

Seems like alot of folks just dont quite under stand still.

The way it sounds to me is they sold SOME stock in the company while retaining a majority stake in ATS.

Folks if this is like most companies with multiple owners, their has always been "Stock shares".

And it all depends on a % of ownership, most small privat companies with 2 or more partners work on an "100" share platform.

So in the begining, just for funs sake lets say Simongrey was 50% owner, Skeptic and Springer were both 25%, with a typical small business using the 100 scale simon=50 shares and springer and skeptic 25.

Use whatever scale you want 10-10000.

The point bieng their is almost always (99%) a majority shareholder, Their always needs to be a majority, a 50/50 company could get deadlocked on issues. And as they have stated..."The 3 amigos retain ownership rights" or something to that effect.

Now it may be 51/49 or 70/30 but their is a majority interest held in this LLC by the "3 amigos"

Could they sell more to the investors and become the minority?? Yup, But their word is what to go by.

[edit on 7/26/2007 by redseal]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I like watching people get angry over a message board...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Congrats to the Amigos Tres!!!

ATS has stood head an shoulders above all similar sites. The people i've turned on to it have become as addicted as i have, and include family, friends and co-workers.

The stabillity of this site is something that has always attracted me( and it's also been the main fodder for people who say that this site is some type of govt OP). Several sites that i visit regularly BEG monthly like clockwork to keep the lights on. You've got to wonder how many more medical problems, server crashes, and legal woes the people that run these sites i'm thinking about can have before they just give up on the whole thing. I don't know if this site was ever donation supported but the lack of a nearly required monthly tithe has always been one of the things that attracted me. Though i have no clue what the P&L statement for ATS looks like, i'd imagine that unlike other sites they actually have one. The constant improvements to this site leads me to believe there could've been a slim profit before this infusion of capital, but it could've just as easily been one of The Three (or some anonymous donor) reaching into the back pocket and spending money on something they love. Though i realize that debt/leverage is a necessary evil i hope my hypothesis about where the cash to fund the improvements we've seen over the years is correct. (Though now that i think about it, if someone said i had very little debt without looking at my budget i'd laugh at them too.) I'm extremely happy that the charter says that The Three must remain controlling intrest, and I hope that if it ever changes we'll know in short order.

On another note i've seen ATS make it's way to a semi-mainstream channel once or twice. About a year ago after Direct TV started carrying Current, i saw something that referenced ATS on it, it referenced the cryptozoology forum on something and of course the only post i remember them talking about was one of the "next time shoot it and take a picture posts". I think it was on the Google sponsored web news vignete. If i'm not mistaken that is AlGore's channel so i always view whatever makes it on there from that perspective.

Once again congrats to the Amigos Tres. I believe in what you guys are doing. I'm glad that others see the potential that i do.

BTW what exactly is an accredited investor? Are they the ones able to get in before an IPO and make the real money? Is there a minimum net worth you must have to be considered an accredited investor?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
ATS is not a freedom of speech site and blocks anyone from really saying what they want , don't belive me ? try it... we have been watching and will be putting are Facts on air on live tv ........... To prove it to all .... That ATS " another top scam " and we shall see who is telling the truth

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCash
ATS is not a freedom of speech site and blocks anyone from really saying what they want , don't belive me ? try it... we have been watching and will be putting are Facts on air on live tv ........... To prove it to all .... That ATS " another top scam " and we shall see who is telling the truth

You know, I sense a bunch of kids here, dancing around and threatening to tell the teacher. It's not hard to pick out the children, they all sound alike because they have that low pack mentality.

Stop for just a second and consider that you just posted, on this censorous site, a message meant to inflame the people here, and you were free to do so.

Now run along home and get some sleep, you're becoming irritable and churlish.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Really? Hmmm, seems to me if you can abide the Terms of Use, agreed to when you register, you can say anything you want.

If you can't abide the Terms of Use you get warned, we try to work it out and if all that fails you get banned.

Is there something you know JohnnyCash that I don't that I should? I certainly will NOT stand for ANY violation of the Terms of Use, that goes BOTH ways, if there is someone censoring people I want to know about it.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
message to the three amegos

dont forgot us Small people when your at the top

I wonder if we are going to see any of that "undisclosed 6 figure income" money... ;P

BTW, i am not criticizing the three amigos for this, but this is how Capitalism works.

Someone who is rich and maybe saw a way to make more money, and who apparently agrees with at least some of the topics of the board decided to Capitalize on this idea of ATS.

Capitalism at work heh?

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
if there is someone censoring people I want to know about it.
Said Springer

Anyone else notice Bass post was removed ? Was posted after NGC2736 had posted his comments. Making JC look crazy . Is that not censoring ?

Was bass not following the terms ? Looked like he was to me .. Seems like his was removed within seconds of his post....

Keep your screenshots JC . I belive there is more to this story myself as i just noticed it myself... Pretty slick ATS for removing bass post so fast.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
JohnnyCash/ufonutz,

It is strictly against ATS's very easy to understand rules to maintain multiple accounts.

It is strictly against common nettiquette to carry a conversation with yourself.

You are starting trouble for absolutely no reason.

I've decided to be considerate and allow you to keep one of the name even though according to the T&C you agreed to you should be subject to both being banned. That said, you may continue to be a member with the FIRST account you registered here: JohnnyCash. I will be banning ufonutz upon completion of this post.

Why you would decide to make false baseless accusations is beyond me. Why you would do that while violating the T&C and carry on chat with yourself is beyond everyone.

We're not biting. Terribly sorry to the other members who were discussing this topic. Let's get back to the actual conversation now.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
ROFLMAO ,

1st. I have only 1 account .
2nd. People in our office run on a huge network
3rd. Thanks i don't need your help
4th. Stop removing People's post to justify your reasons for censorship
5th. You have been doing this for a long time.
6th. Others do feel the same way and have been censored for no reason
7th. Your not to bright to remove a post while we ARE watching.
8th. Well within the TERMS OF ATS WEBSITE RULES
9th. Don't you seek the truth ? want your members to know the TRUTH
10th. Thanks for the Nice Screenshots and one Hell of a story

11th Bash / Make fun of anyone with a Different view then The Mod's own.
12th Where is Bass's post ? If your not Scared and Why Remove it
13th You know in your heart Your Removing people who Agree
14th The Real Truth Always comes Out , Make Fun WE don't care
15th Add the fuel to the fire
Keep Bringing it love how you slander us

For a REALLY True View , Who's Scared not ME must be you ........

[edit on 27-7-2007 by JohnnyCash]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Your not to bright

Priceless!

Sorry for the one liner!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

1st. I have only 1 account .
2nd. People in our office run on a huge network
3rd. Thanks i don't need your help
4th. Stop removing People's post to justify your reasons for censorship
5th. You have been doing this for a long time.
6th. Others do feel the same way and have been censored for no reason
7th. Your not to bright to remove a post while we ARE watching.
8th. Well within the TERMS OF ATS WEBITE RULES
9th. Don't you seek the truth ? want your members to know the TRUTH
10th. Thanks for the Nice Screenshots and one Hell of a story

Let's see...

1) False
2) Perhaps, in this case however, both were you.
3) The help you require is nothing I am certified to dispense.
4) We don't. Half of this thread is evidence of that.
5) You obviously don't read much.
6) They and you can feel free to complain.
7) This is a privately owned website. Don't tell the staff what's wise while "you" watch. Attempted intimidation will be laughed at.
8) As stated above, you violated the T&C.
9) Yes
10) No problem.

In your mind ATS is a hideous place that censors its members. You have the right to think that. Anyone has the right to think that. However, any sane person who thought that would leave. The logout button is on the top righthand corner of your screen. Feel free to make use of it. No one is forcing you to stay in this evil den of censorship.

You can feel free to take and keep screen shots of this post too, as long as you attribute the credit where it's due. If you're planning an exposé (I like how you call yourself we, either you're a royal or certifiable) I'll have to hire an agent. Ah my public, how they love me.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I may be asking something that has already been covered, for that im sorry. I found myself having to skip over some the off topic crap and may have missed it.

I was wondering if any of this will result in there being membership fee of any sort in the future. Not that im too worried about it. I think I would probably pay it. I trust the members of this site and have come to trust the owners. Im thinking that if any wrong doing was to come about, the members would rip it apart, and I truely believe the owners wouldnt allow it. Its a very nice site and quite interesting.

Congrats on the resent developments.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

11th Bash / Make fun of anyone with a Different view then The Mod's own.
12th Where is Bass's post ? If your not Scared and Why Remove it
13th You know in your heart Your Removing people who Agree
14th The Real Truth Always comes Out , Make Fun WE don't care
15th Add the fuel to the fire Keep Bringing it love how you slander us

11) Hardly. But I do feel the obligation to go after people who insult our membership's intelligence. In this case, you.
12) I have yet to find anything posted in my near 5 years on here that scares me, and nothing was removed. Nearly half of this thread was critical and yet nothing was removed. Not even your own ridiculous drivel.
13) Removing trolls is akin to lancing a boil. I remove people who harm the health of the rest of the community.
14) We are not amused?
15) I haven't slandered any "us", I've pointed out the obvious. Thank you for making that incredibly easy.

By the way, for a BIG network, it's interesting that lacked the capability of having both names signed on at once. Funny that you had to log off Johnny Cash to answer yourself from ufonutz... Fire the IT person!

I will not ban you for stating your opinion.

However, you have violated three clear Terms. Knowingly posting false information, disrupting a thread, and using multiple accounts.

Have a triple on me.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xout1
I was wondering if any of this will result in there being membership fee of any sort in the future.

No, I think the amigos have promised to never impose a membership fee.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xout1
I was wondering if any of this will result in there being membership fee of any sort in the future.

ATS will be a free website for as long as it exists. That has always been a core belief of our leadership and it will never change. Revenue can come from other places. The revenue we receive from our members (their intellectual contributions, research, studies and content) far outweighs any cash value a membership fee could add up to.

[edit on 7/27/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
As it usually does, the unthinkable has happened... In this HAPPY thread about our community getting the recognition it deserves some disgruntled, rather rude and very immature person wants to come rain on our parade.

I have post banned "JohnnyCash" and Djarums perma banned his sockpuppet. I am confident he will register with yet another sockpuppet decrying us as the unholy employees of the devil or some such stupidity, so be it... I am going to bed.

To those who "get it" (and there are millions of us) enjoy this day and its great news. To the disgruntled, immature and otherwise incapable of civil discourse with your fellow man, I yawn in your general direction.

Springer...

Edited by Djarums to update status...

[edit on 7/27/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out that there is no need to feel threatened by something like this because starting up an internet forum ain't exactly rocket science. So if ATS doesn't meet your complete wants / needs, or at some point becomes something ideologically incompatible, then go start your own, no-one would try to stop you.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Great jobs guys and I know what it is like to find investers who are interested in the real point of a enterprise rather than the short or medium term cash reward.

Is there a mechanism for ATS members to invest in The Above Network, LLC?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I just wanted to say I only have one problem with all of this.

Uummm......mmmmmm......huhhhh...........duh...........

OK, I don't have a problem. Congratulations! I am happy that the fruits of your tireless passion and labor are paying off.

Sell out....no way. All the best!

regards....kk

DENY POVERTY

[edit on 27-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join