It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major News Regarding The Above Network and AboveTopSecret.com

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Good yer being funded.

I NEED A JOB! lol specialy one I can stay at home with the kids!

muahahahaha, anywho, sounds like ATS is becomming a Force like CNN now lol Just keep time warner an Broc Landers, Lance murdock lol or whatever his name is away from things.

Does this mean the end to Weight-loss Banner ads cuz I swear My midsection is fine but the banner ad doesnt think so.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
OK, I'll be the first to ask an obvious question.

When can I use some of my valuable ATS points to buy some split down stocks. I mean that would really make a points scramble.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Congrats and I wish you guys the best. I know this will only get bigger and bigger as time goes by.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is an exciting time to be a member of ATS. Three cheers for the Amigos.

The Amigos are bringing in the resources to make this place a very big deal, and they've found ways to do it without compromising the simple values, often lacking from mainstream media, which have made ATS so successful to date.

The world is definately watching my friends- with over 600,000 unique hits monthly according to quantcast, you can bet your hat that if you post your best stuff you're going to have a heck of an audience.

I'm not saying we'll change the world or all get famous or anything like that, but I will bet that with unprecedented levels of communication between free thinkers will come unprecedented rates of discovery and evolution in our knowledge of alternative topics, and if that proves to be the case, some ATS members in the future may see their ideas taken into the mainstream.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
JUST DONT CHARGE A MEMBERSHIP FEE!

With current rates of employment pay and the normal rate of income most people have to rob paul to pay peter.

I for one cannot pay extra fees and will Be greatly disgraced to see a fee out of all of this.

Member Free free Freebie!

this was just a friendly broadcast announcement from your local cheap skaTE.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Let make this clear, there is NO CORPORATION involved in this deal. It is a small group of PRIVATE INVESTORS who believe in the site, the topics we present, and most importantly the WAY these item are presented.

We Three Amigos own the vast majority of the The Above Network, LLC and have TOTAL CONTROL over the decision making process, there is no way exert influence upon us or the way we run this site.

It would be pretty ignorant to invest in this business and then limit its ability to "do what it does", which is allow ALL perspectives, opinions and ideas to have a voice here within the limits of the TAC.

Additionally, I want to point out that there will NEVER be a "fee" for access to AboveTopSecret.com. This site will remain FREE to all who wish to participate.

This is only the beginning my friends, our business plan is extensive and bold, the future is bright and the world will be watching.

Springer...

[edit on 7-26-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well congrats guys! This is some big news and I, for one, am very happy for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As a businesman myself i have to say congratulations BIG TIME to the 3 Amigos. Being here 3 years myself i have seen this place go from strength to strength. If there was ever a low point in ATS history then the 3 Amigos certainly didnt show it and have soldiered on pushing this place to the max. I reckon they deserve excellent applause. In this mad political cloak and dagger driven world who else would have the balls to maximise a conspiracy site to its full potential.

So Skeptic when are we gonna see the "ABOVETOPSECRET" Documentarys featured on Discovery channels

[edit on 26-7-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And one final piece of information. We often get serious offers of buy-out, and during our planning stages we gave serious consideration to a significant player who was offering the kind of cash that would enable three partners to pay off their mortgages, dance in the street, and take long tropical vacations. We declined because the deal would split our partnership and take control of ATS away from us. This is our passion... we're not going to let go.

That is awesome. If that doesn't say something for the character of these 3 cats then I don't know what does. Although it is quite apparent you made the right move. Either get filthy rich from ATS now and lose control of all the time and money you guys have put into this, or wait about 2 more years and allow this site to get so Huge that your can charge 20,000 a weak to advertise a headline banner and retain all rights. Hmmmm

Congratulation on all of your sucess. Its well deserved. And a Huge thank you for keeping ATS is ATS hands. I will die if this site ever colaspes. Not Joking.

Now, lets get down to brass tacks. I bought the T-shirt, how do I buy stock? Even if its just one share? Seriously!!! I want in now while the getting is good!!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Now, lets get down to brass tacks. I bought the T-shirt, how do I buy stock? Even if its just one share? Seriously!!! I want in now while the getting is good!!

Could this be like the Blair cash for honours scandal. I buy 20 thousand shares and you make me a Super Mod

Seriously though letting ATSers buy shares would be bloody amazing

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

This is only the beginning my friends, our business plan is extensive and bold, the future is bright and the world will be watching.

Doesn't that make you feel proud to be a part of all this, i'm coming up to two years being a member, and have loved it.

Ive been preaching about this site to friends and family for ages, seems now they may take notice.

I love the way you 3 amigo's haven't sold out, and our holding the core of this site true, Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Denied]

MMP

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just not as paranoid as most but when I read that ATS had a group of investors I immediately thought, "SWEET!!! What if it's a cool group of people that ATS members are familiar with. What if guys like Jim Marrs are investing in the Above Network?" I also began to think of the platforms that ATS has for it's members and the positive effects this could have for blogs, big threads, and podcasts etc. Members who post quality content stand to gain a much wider audience. Who knows what kind of "net fame" awaits some of our members.

I also think that it would be cool if down the road (when the dust settles) if three amigos would release the names of the investors. But I'm not to worried about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPWhat if guys like Jim Marrs are investing in the Above Network?"

Interesting you should mention Jim Marrs, we just signed a contract with him to write the first ATS Book.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No cash for honors guys, sorry. There are basically two ways to get honors on ATS. The first is to be honorable. The second is to take advantage of the rampant alcoholism among the staff.

To the best of my understanding (which is limited) not just anyone is even able to buy stock in ATS at this juncture. I believe such restrictions are in place to prevent the kind of activity shown in the movie Boiler Room (start a hollow company, pitch the stock to people who don't know anything about investing to pump up the price, then sell it all off and let it crash).

I assume it will be possible to buy the stock in the future, and I'm sure that will pay off splendidly when our secret plan to buy out Microsoft and make ATS the default Explorer homepage goes through.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The second is to take advantage of the rampant alcoholism among the staff.

Sounds like a plan to me

Congrats on the funding guys, I look forward to seeing where it takes the site.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Congratulations! Speaking as a person who is trying to develop a small business, I think that what you've achieved here is fantastic. I'm grateful for the opportunity you've given me, and I wish you all the success in the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au

SOURCE The Above Network

isnt that like having CNN posting reports on CNN ?

sounds like the forum has become a bit of a cash cow for them... ka-ching!!

In this case, it's a press release. Thats pretty normal, for the source and the subject to be one in the same,

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Let make this clear, there is NO CORPORATION involved in this deal. It is a small group of PRIVATE INVESTORS who believe in the site, the topics we present, and most importantly the WAY these item are presented.

We Three Amigos own the vast majority of the The Above Network, LLC and have TOTAL CONTROL over the decision making process, there is no way exert influence upon us or the way we run this site.

It would be pretty ignorant to invest in this business and then limit its ability to "do what it does", which is allow ALL perspectives, opinions and ideas to have a voice here within the limits of the TAC.

Additionally, I want to point out that there will NEVER be a "fee" for access to AboveTopSecret.com. This site will remain FREE to all who wish to participate.

Springer...

[edit on 7-26-2007 by Springer]

I think most have a strange feeling when they hear investors. I take myself a owner of a small LLC Orthodontic laboratory that has a small group of private investors that helped get me off the ground and running "hard" I might add. But I am aware that the money that is invested from my "private" silent group is also the same money that owns very large medical laboratories. I think the question isn't about you guys cause we all know you guys are on the up an up but rather "who" might these private investors be? And I think that I might speak for some by asking have you done you home work to make sure that these "private" investors don't have "other" hands that have stuck the cash invested into you into their pockets? But..all said I think it's great you have found some funds to grow on and I can say that if you had asked that I would have and I'm sure there are other here that would have been glad to invest into your company.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Let me just get this out of the way.

Private Investor..

CIA!? NSA!? TIA? FBI? Illuminati? Whos funnnding yooou!

Heh, just kidding, good job guys, just tell Springer not to blow the money on new Harleys.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So I imagine the pitch was something like we've got X members who'd be inclined to be Y merchandise at Z price-point. Furthermore, we hold a quantitative position of authority in the 'alternative' interactive media segment, so items with our branding will automatically achieve a higher level of consumer awareness. The market for alternative information is growing in leaps and bounds. For example, most people in the world suspect a conspiracy in JFK's assassination, and a majority of Americans now believe there is much more to 911 than what is being told in traditional media.

I'm totally cool with this, just realise investors can often be convinced to resell what they've bought to persons unknown for a tidy profit. I trust you have appropriate contingencies in place should that situation arise. Good luck with the bigger plans

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join