It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally The XFiles Movie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It's official! There will be an Xfiles movie according to star David Duchovny who will recieve the script next week. Link below:
news.bbc.co.uk...

This is cool! Any die hard fans plan to go see it when it is released or will you wait for the storyline and trailer to decide?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sweet! I love the X-Files and can't wait.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I hope the script is good.Not just a lot of hype then the movie is trash.What possible scenario could they conjure up that they didn't already do in the show?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yup... I forgot to post it.....

About a month ago or so, David was on the Opie & Anthony showon XM radio and hinted around about this coming...

I can't wait....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i was always hoping they would do xfiles 2 movie around the montauk project. but they probably will never have done that.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'll definitely see this one eventually. Probably not at the theater though. My kids are too young to have been X-Files fans and it ain't the wife's cuppa tea. It'll be a rental.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Maybe i'm confused, but isn't there already an x-files film? I used to watch it on/off but my mum was a pretty big fan and I'm SURE she rented it from blockbusters?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yes, there was an X-Files movie that came out in 1998. This will be X-Files 2 (or whatever they choose to call it).

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Cant wait Im a big fan seen a few comments from both Duchovny & Anderson hinting without anything concrete when I was recently looking up the X-files! The Truth is out there!

It is rumoured to be following the monster of the week theme instead of the Alien ET stories which is a bit dissappointing.

When talking to a smaller gathering of journalists after the main press event, he said he thought the movie could be in theaters by Summer 2008. This was met with some skepticism due to Duchovny's similar past claims, which never came to fruition. He responded, "Before I would just say that [there was a movie] because they told me, but now, after talking to Chris [Carter] -- he's been giving me progress reports -- and he actually called yesterday, and said 'Next week, you should have something to read.'" Duchovny went on to confirm his belief that the new movie would be a standalone "Monster of the Week" story, rather than an installment in the alien conspiracy mythology.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by marcopolo]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
thats awesome, i didnt really care for the last season of it with the exception of the very last episode. id like to see if they could get the cigarette smoking guy in it too.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think Chris Carter is being given somewhat accurate information about what's really going on in the shadows. I'm sure this movie will be as phenomenal as the first. Glad to see Duchovny back.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sweet! I can't wait. I love the X-files... although Robert Patrick was never as cool as Duchovny IMO.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
It's official! There will be an Xfiles movie according to star David Duchovny who will recieve the script next week. Link below:
news.bbc.co.uk...

This is cool! Any die hard fans plan to go see it when it is released or will you wait for the storyline and trailer to decide?

Maybe I just interpreted you wrong here, But you do know there is already an X-files movie don't you???
So this one would be a sequal, right?
I thought any chance of another movie died with the final episode...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I too am glad to hear this is happening but for those who have followed the movie sequel rumors this might just be another one. Apparently it is not 100% confirmed but likely. There is no finished script and Duchovny is well entrenched in his new HBO series. Speaking of which he has not aged gracefully and the prospect of a balding Mulder just seems, i dunno, wrong. Nothing makeup can't fix though I guess. All in all I'm a big fan (own the DVD series) and I'd probably still slap down a few bucks to see this.

Word is that it if it happens it will not be a continuation of the alien concept but more of a MOTW (monster of the week) scenario.

brill

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hopefully this movie will be about the New World Order, Police State and 2012.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Word is that it if it happens it will not be a continuation of the alien concept but more of a MOTW (monster of the week) scenario.

MOTW is much, much better idea.

Have you seen Gillian Anderson lately? Dayum, she has only improved with age. She was ragin' in StraightHeads; literally.

She looked as fit as Linda Hamilton did in T-2, I kid you not. (see the IMdB pics from the movie).

Last time I saw David, it was in MiB II and he'd actually grown buck teeth and now wears big thick glasses. Not sure if they saved his hand.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

MOTW is much, much better idea.

Have you seen Gillian Anderson lately? Dayum, she has only improved with age. She was ragin' in StraightHeads; literally.

She looked as fit as Linda Hamilton did in T-2, I kid you not. (see the IMdB pics from the movie).

Last time I saw David, it was in MiB II and he'd actually grown buck teeth and now wears big thick glasses. Not sure if they saved his hand.

Lol. Maybe the Yul Brynner look will server him well. I agree Anderson has certainly aged well, saw some recent shows of her and shes fit. I hope this movie pans out the fans are tired of waiting for what should have happened years ago.

brill

[edit on 3-9-2007 by brill]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

DO you mean Zoolander, all that teeth and glasses business was make up.

He had his hand in the glass jar right?

He was a hand model in the film...

I saw Gillian Anderson on live tv very recently (like a week ago) and she looks great. She had Blonde streaky hair and it suited her...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can't wait for this movie, hopefully it will accurate information pertaining to the real world and nothing too far from fiction.

David D. must look quite a bit older than his years back when making the X-Files: Fight the Future movie, but I think I'll like him even more. He's a great actor and never disappoints in the stuff (or plot) he is in.

cj6

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's long overdue! I'm not sure about the "monster of the week" concept though! I'm hoping for a continuation of the inbred, mutated monster family episode! And Scully always looks great!

new topics

top topics

join