It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesting a war may be a crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Protesting a war may be a crime

www.bestcyrano.org

On July 17, 2007, Bush quietly issued an executive order entitled “Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq.” By this order, he made it a crime to commit, or to pose a significant risk of committing…, acts of violence that threaten “the peace and stability of Iraq,” or undermine “efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq and to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A few questions to all out there. Having been following what is happening in especially the US, it seems apparent that the rights of the individuals are being comprimised more and more daily. There will come a time that acting will cost more than is gained by it.

From this perspective one must ask the question, when does my government no longer serve me, and if it is no longer a government of the people, for the people, then does this mean that this government no longer should be recognised as such?

I am curious to see what other people think about this.

Additionally, with the time window becoming smaller and smaller, why are the only threads I see those that still focus on complaining about what is happening rather than doing something about it...in the 60\'s and 70\'s mass gatherings brought awareness and provided a balance no longer present, yet today any gatherings are too small to make headlines.

Also, the people (lawyers, police, army, govt agencies, teachers, doctors, journalists etc.) that are assisting in this development, whether consciously or not, are going to be just as affected by these freedom restraints as anyone else. Maybe they need a wake-up call from family and friends. Do you know someone like this, and have you talked to them? What is their view?

Finally, it is no longer about pulling out of Iraq, or whether democrats or republicans should be in power, or if and when there may be an impeachment (is congress really on the side of the people?). The main issue is what can YOU do TODAY to protect the freedom that your family before you worked so hard for, the freedom of your children, your future, and of course yourself. Why rely on others to solve your problems when they don't seem to be as interested as you yourself are?

Are you going to stand up when there is a chp in your arm, are you going to stand up when your children are taken away under martial law, are you going to stand up when you are no longer allowed to buy vitamins and minerals, or when the economy has collapsed, or are you hoping it is all a bad dream. Maybe it's a bad reality, and there is no better time than now.

As I don\'t live in the US, there is little I can do, but I do empathise and wish you all peaceful, legal, intelligent action based decisions.

www.bestcyrano.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think it's already being discussed here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

CX.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Please contribute to the above linked discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join