It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give us back our children - (Babies Stolen by the State)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Give us back our children - (Babies Stolen by the State)

www.dailymail.co.uk

Six weeks ago, the Mail told how social workers tore a baby from her loving family to put her up for adoption. Since then, scores of parents have contacted us with horrifying stories of children stolen by the state. How dare the courts continue to gag them?

The harrowing film of a young mother with an IQ of 63 cuddling her much-loved toddler daughter for the last time before handing her over for adoption was always going to be controversial.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
According to the article, these children are being snatched to meet government targets and the councils are being given huge cash incentives to carry out the job. The fact that the parents are not allowed to speak out must be against basic human rights. It's the alleged stories of currupt social workers and doctors twisting the evidence against these parents I find most disturbing, along with the financial greed of the councils too of course. This will spread if it's not stopped. I'd heard it was going on in the US, Florida to be exact, but in the UK? Unbelievable.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-7-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Sorry to bump my own thread (so soon) but I just had to add this quote. -Liberal Democrat MP John Hemming has demanded an explanation.

He said: "We are seeing a massive increase in the forced removal of newborns. Babies are being taken before they can even be breastfed. Social workers are seizing very young children on the flimsiest of excuses and giving them to other families.

"This smacks of social engineering on a grand scale. The offer of monetary rewards for meeting the targets has created a frenzy among social workers. There are council targets for recycling rubbish and now targets for recycling children."

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This is absolutely, utterly and totally disgusting. Regardless of a person's standing, if they do not willing want to give up their children for adoption they should be encouraged to look after and raise their child in the best way they possibly can. Yes, there are real exceptions where it would be in the childs best interests but i have to also say that sometimes it is in the childs best interest to be reaised by his/her biological mother/parents.

I have a little baby girl and the mere thought of this makes my stomach turn. It is nauseating to say the VERY least and i hope a stop can be pout to this.

Is this the kind of thing we want to sanction in a civilized culture? It is pure savagery and morally WRONG!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
I have a little baby girl and the mere thought of this makes my stomach turn. It is nauseating to say the VERY least and i hope a stop can be pout to this.

Makes my stomach churn as well. I'll watch the BBC programme when it's aired but predict I'll watch it with fear, (I'm a parent too).I hope this practice is brought right out into the open and is thoroughly investigated till it's solved. It's scandalous.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wow this is hard to beleive. I thought the UK was a civilized country! My wife was a social worker here in the US for several years before deciding to stay home with our kids. In her job with the Department of Childrens Services (in TN), she always indicated to me that they tried very hard to keep families together if at all possible, and that the removal of a child from the home was always the last step taken. Not sure how it may be in other states, though. I can say that the all beaurocratic BS invovled, and the fact that state empoyment is like communism, burnt her out pretty quickly.

Back on topic, this just blows my mind! Just because someone may be low funtioning does not necessarily mean they are incapable of loving and raising a child!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've seen more stories lately (here and elsewhere) where competant parents have simply neglected their child or children for the stupidest reasons (like a video game/internet addiction.) It seems to me, that so long as the child is not in danger there is no harm is someone with a lower IQ score taking care of their kid.

These actions are deplorable and those involved, from counsul to social worker, should held accountable, and thrown in prison. Stealing kids from their natural parents to get a cash incentive...[explitive]ing terrible.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It must be hell having your kids snatched from you when you know you're done nothing wrong and it must be a living nightmare to have them paraded on web-sites for would-be adopters. I think every family is under threat if this practise is allowed to continue. The irony is that some of these social workers come straight from university and they haven't got children of their own, never mind knowing how to look after them.Here's another wee snippet from those articles. It couldn't read any worse. - - "Recently I wrote about a two-year-old English girl whose parents have been at the centre of a David versus Goliath battle to keep her, reaching the highest courts in the land. They say bluntly that she has been stolen by the state.
The girl was advertised in the media on a website, breezily called London Kidz, for would-be adopters. Placed with her picture was a blurb saying she was a smiling child who liked a cuddle.
Yet the snappy advert covered up the devastating truth: that her birth parents, decent people from Enfield, North London, love her dearly and have fought like tigers to halt her removal. They have failed.
Last autumn, they said goodbye to her at a meeting watched by the local council's social workers, who claim they cannot be trusted to care for her.
Almost certainly she will never see them again. Nor is she likely to learn of their desperate attempts to stop her forced adoption.
For the other day, at the request of Enfield Council social workers, a judge in London's High Courts of Justice issued a draconian order gagging the parents from revealing anything about their daughter until her 18th birthday in 2022. (Enfield incidentally, has been offered a tasty £900,000 incentive to meet its adoption targets.)
The order means the parents can no longer protest publicly or explain in any meaningful detail their side of the story. They cannot disclose her name, nor show her picture, to anyone-in the media.
On the grounds of protecting her identity, they are also barred from talking about what happened in the myriad court hearings and case conferences with Enfield social workers that began before she was even born in December 2004.
What an irony that is, especially as it is the social workers themselves who paraded their daughter - using her distinctive name and photograph - on a website. Yet, if her parents breach the gagging order they will be charged with contempt of court and could be sent to prison. "

new topics

top topics

join