It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Roots Of Current Evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
An increasing number of people wake up every morning and wonder just how in the hell we have arrived at our current standard of living. The greedy have inherited the earth, but from whom? Ahoy, matey! Pirates?

Before you click the back button, consider this. The idea that a ship could sail right off the edge of the earth and plunge into an abyss was perhaps the most successful lie in history. Have you ever sat back and wondered exactly how and why this idea came into being?

Such a large scale disinformation campaign would seem impossible, given the notion that humans have been utilizing boats for thousands of years. The fact is that pirates came into existence when boats did. Are those who presently rule the world decendants of these plunderers? For me, this disturbing notion is difficult to overlook.

When a ship loaded with riches sailed beyond the horizon, the floating mafia was always a great concern. These guys had an efficient witness elimination program and since there was a perceived danger of falling over the edge, the chances of any search party being sent was less likely. Add to this the way in which pirates have been portrayed as heroes and you have a valid conspiracy theory.

[C-O-N-S] P-I-R-A-C-Y wow what a coincidence. Could it be that he internet and the entire genre of mass media was created by the same PIRATES who manufactured "the world is flat" theory? Terrorists protecting us from terrorists? Aside from that, the great lie that is being shoved down our throats now is the "we're alone in the universe" theory. How can people sincerely act so clueless to the most basic of concepts? Every culture in the HISTORY OF MANKIND has recorded accounts of alien visitation.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum... we might as well get drunk before we walk the plank!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well I can see you have put a lot of thought into this however what about the ancient civilizations that knew more about star charts and navigation than we do now?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you are asking where these civilizations fit into the equation, I think that much of their ancient wisdom has been deliberately misinterpreted by the powers that be. The lust for gold and riches continues to obfuscate our perception of the big picture. Most of us are too busy struggling to pay the bills while the elite make every effort to assure that our blinders stay firmly in place.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What you stated lastly was correct, however the question I put to you was not about the power elite and their goal of creating sheeple. What I am proposing is that you take into account the ancient civilizations that were doing earth navagation and star charts long before the first known pirate sailed the seas.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, the skull and crossbones is Templar in origin, Templar semiotics is around us everywhere, the leading "evil group", that is, if you do believe they are evil, is skull and bones, the Templars are thought to have been excellent sailors...so it makes a hell of a lot more sense than you might think.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by uberarcanist]

[edit on 26-7-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
let me see if i get this correct. What your medafores meaning is the actions the Pirates have taken in the past to plunder and steal the booty on the seas is still being acted out by the rich politicians, the monopoly owned businesses, oil and medical gangsters? oh and the media spin and lies is the tall tale about boats falling over the edge of the world putting fear in the hearts of the lambs on shore? Ok, but i doubt it started with pirates. i'm sure as you look into what we know of history we can see the rulers of many keeping the masses in the dark of their evil secrets. It's perhaps just allot fancier in todays world with our high tech super speed info overloaded choice over kill society.
no more plank mate, now you get a nice wet corner in guantanamo bay, if your not white or a bullet if you arrrr. so ahoy there maty be weary in dem waters. black beards afoot and comin fer ya. happy sailing!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

What you stated lastly was correct, however the question I put to you was not about the power elite and their goal of creating sheeple. What I am proposing is that you take into account the ancient civilizations that were doing earth navagation and star charts long before the first known pirate sailed the seas.

Sea-faring people are far more likely to have gained access to these maps and charts rather than 'land lubbers'. Successful pirates were smart enough to realize the advantages of strength in numbers. The logical progression would lead to offers of cooperation, and eventually the 'you're either with us or against us' mentality. Those who refused such an offer could have easily been extinguished and their assets added to the collection.

Sure, corruption has been around since the very beginning. When criminals took to the seas and started forming alliances, an untold amount of wealth and knowledge was theirs for the taking. I'm of the opinion that their legacy continues to thrive in the very influencial upper echelons of todays society.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Faceless organizations who work hard at achieving wealth and power are evil... only if you're not part of them.

As for keeping the gross populace in a state of poverty and ignorance, I find that people tend to do that on their own, without a lot of outside assistance.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What kind of a stink would be raised if there was a pro sports team called the Rhode Island Rapists or the Massachusetts Mass Murderers? Yet millions of Americans idolize the NFL's L.A. Raiders, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and MLB's Pittsburgh Pirates.

I realize that die-hard fans aren't really cheering for hardened criminals, but why have we as a society allowed the idea of piracy to become entrenched with romanticism?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I don't think it's exactly fair to say piracy=mass murder or rape. Sure, sometimes that was part of the job, but when people think about pirates, they're really thinking about fearless individuals who are not afraid to make their own rules. Someone who fights "the man".

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You made a good point uber. But has our image of pirates been misguided? Weren't many of them actually working for 'the man' (i.e. privateers)? Some scholars even consider that Christopher Columbus might have been a pirate.

KTK

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This video gives a good explaination of maritime admiralty law vs law of the land. Dont let the name of the video scare you, just listen to the begining bit where he explains it. Im sure this fellow has his foes, but i found the series very informative for that explaination alone.

It actually ties in what the OP is trying to convey. But i think the root of all evil when you break it down from perspective is our darned survival instinct and fear of the unknown.

[edit on 28-7-2007 by KTK]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Very interesting video series. Thanks for posting the link KTK. The title of this thread is a bit misleading I agree. I should have incorporated pirates but it was a long night. By the time I finished the OP, I had already shed my 'thinking cap' before signing the birth certificate and naming this puppy.

[edit on 7/29/2007 by HaveSeen4Myself]

KTK

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Arrrghhhhhh me 'arty

Pirates deserve their own thread.

I think thats what im going to call them from now on.

cabal= pirates
illuminati= pirates
elite= pirates

top topics

join