It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dilemmas revealed in US-UK relationship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Dilemmas revealed in US-UK relationship

news.bbc.co.uk

At the heart of the Intelligence and Security Committee's report into rendition is the story of the UK's intense but occasionally difficult relationship with the US when it comes to intelligence sharing and counter-terrorism since 9/11.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
An interesting article which I think deserves a bit of discussion, in particular the differences between how the two countries handle the subject matter, and the slight tinge of contempt the US intelligence services seem to have with regard to their British counterparts.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
...and the slight tinge of contempt the US intelligence services seem to have with regard to their British counterparts.

news.bbc.co.uk

Certain aspects of the US gubment have contempt for anything other than empathic "yes men".

I think this write up is a wash. It paints a picture of a "surprised" UK towards what the US was doing. As if the MI5 and others were busy doing humanitarian work while the evil US Intel. agencies were pulling off toe nails. Poor poor MI5, without information and without the power to do anything. Pardon me while I pull out a tissue.

I don't buy it.

The US tries the same type of propaganda : "Oh we were just doing the right and just thing, we had no idea people were getting tortured in those Iraqi prisons, we are mere victims of circumstance. We didn't have the knowledge or power to stop such terrible acts ! Woe is me !"

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
It paints a picture of a "surprised" UK towards what the US was doing.

I agree, in the article it also states how the UK realized the US would do anything for national security...like the UK intelligence agencies wouldn't?

new topics

top topics

join