It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philosopher's stone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The Philosophers' Stone is real. Saint Germain once drank immortality, main ingredient being the stone. Maybe others have as well? I really don't see any government with knowlege of such an element allowing said element to be distributed to anyone but themselves. Same goes for extra-terrestrials and the like, some things will always remain a secret, if not told to be completly untrue to the average person. The stone's ability to create gold from other elements would insure the one with the stone to be rich beyond belief, and would throw the whole financial system down the drain.
Perhaps the world's richest people possess knowlege of the stone, as I see no middle class commoner yielding the ability to make himself rich and not abusing the power in his hands. If I could be immortal and make gold, I would totally do it. Why? What is more powerful than an immortal with an unlimited supply of gold? I would have to hire an army of millions to forcefully take over every country on the planet, as an immortal...it would be up to me to rule it all....as I would be the closest thing to a god this planet would have.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ah i see,so this saint germaine used the alchemists stone to gain immortality, or was it the philosophers stone?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thestatue
"i mean weapon like intrument"

"has anyone heard of a clear way to get my hands on one"

"but if i were to use a philosopher stone o find and destroy it alchemy would be usable by everyone again only now with school structures there would be more skilled people and the use would blend into everyday life fixing houses after hurricanes would be so much easier.......or even just the process of making your house hurricane ready......"

What are you, some sort of 'nice' Demi-God???

Originally posted by saintnuke
"The Philosophers' Stone is real. Saint Germain once drank immortality, main ingredient being the stone."

"If I could be immortal and make gold, I would totally do it."

"I would have to hire an army of millions to forcefully take over every country on the planet, as an immortal...it would be up to me to rule it all....as I would be the closest thing to a god this planet would have."

OH BRILLIANT - you only brought along your NEMESIS to the party as well!!!!!

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Shambles]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think the information you're looking for might be found in a book entitled "Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark". Interesting read on the making of monotomic gold, it's properties, etc. (Monotomic gold is also called the Philosophers Stone). I believe there's a guy in Arizona that has found a way to make it and has had it tested for it's unusual gravity/weight properties. The book is by Laurence Gardner (also authored Bloodline of the Holy Grail).
On a personal note: I don't think anyone wanting a "weapon" that will allow them to be a god-like tyrant over their fellows and ruin global economies will ever rise to a position of power. Oh wait, Bush is still president, isn't he? Never mind.

Good luck on your quest for immortality. Keep us posted on how that works out for you.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
oh no no toralyin,my friend i did cover that earlier there are legends out there.The philosopher is not some simple stone that make lead into gold.To touch upon the powerful ray or weapon yes of course,but not just the stone can do this actually if you understood what was around you you know water vapor altering that just the right way could create a blast strong and small as a bullet or a giant cannon.There exists a larger type of shrimp or crab that has whats called a bullet claw it snaps its claw at such a rate that it stuns whatever its after i forgot its name.but simply taking the gases that surround you thinning them and then causing them to compress really rapidly would result in such a blast.good example how thunder is caused.so kinda yes the stone can be used as a weapon in those points.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by thestatue]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
fulcanelli
there its some information about him

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i think it really needs to be stated that the the "philosophers stone" is not a harry potter creation. the stone has been a corner stone of dreamers for centuries (in china they called it the great elixir). the idea behind its conception was a "trump card" if you will. its the ultimate resource to obtain any outcome.

as for the topic- i "believe" its possible to create a material/system that is able to reconfigure any material to any desired material. scientifically i believe this claim can be supported, tho only through very complex explanation/procedure. the question i ask myself is- is it possible that our ancestors were capable of finding this solution through unconventional means? possibly

as for you "gem of fools" could you point me toward some scholastic resources?
EDIT:thanks for the link.

[edit on 27/7/07 by Glyph_D]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

wow everyone really is addicted to this period thing.......why is it that periods have the power to make or break statements?

I hate to do this because it is totally off-topic. A period is basically a word. The period represents the word stop. Dropping periods makes sentences just as hard to read as removing the word the from posts.

Jon

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   

There exists a larger type of shrimp or crab that has whats called a bullet claw it snaps its claw at such a rate that it stuns whatever its after i forgot its name.but simply taking the gases that surround you thinning them and then causing them to compress really rapidly would result in such a blast.

your thinking of an alpheidae or "pistol shrimp"... they're actually really really cool. this is way off topic, but how often does the subject of the snapping shrimp come into play. i am very into reef aquariums and have done a lot of reading about these guys. read below, very very cool!

The shrimp snaps a specialized claw shut to create a cavitation wave that generates acoustic pressures of up to 80 kPa at a distance of 4 cm from the claw. The pressure wave is strong enough to kill small fish. It corresponds to a zero to peak pressure level of 218 decibels relative to one micropascal (dB re 1 μPa), equivalent to a zero to peak source level of 190 dB re 1 μPa at the standard reference distance of 1 m. Au and Banks measured peak to peak source levels between 185 and 190 dB re 1 μPa at 1 m, depending on the size of the claw....

The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from a collapsing bubble, also known as a cavitation bubble. As it collapses, the cavitation bubble reaches the surface temperature of the Sun. The light is of lower intensity than the light produced by typical sonoluminescence and is not visible to the naked eye. It is most likely a by-product of the shock wave with no biological significance. However, it is the first known instance of an animal producing light by this effect.

wiki: alpheidae

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
thank you bokinsmowl,yes that shrimp is the modern day concept of one way alchemy can be used as a weapon.by yourself you need to know alot about what surrounds you,although with the stone you need to know nothing you simply think hey i wanna blast a hole through this wall boom done.i could turn this into alchemy 101 really quick.....as for something stating Fulcanelli's creation of the gem of fools i don't think one exist like i mean there may be one,you can choose to search but the problem is if it was written it was written in the alchemaic way and its no doubt in code or riddle format

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ok, I'm gonna be straight up, I don't think it exists. But even if it does, how would you expect to get your hands on it? If the person is immortal and has as much money(gold) as he could possibly ever want, and has all this power granted to him via the stone, how would you possibly take it from him/her, because i highly doubt their are going to just give it to you, if you did indeed find them.

And personally i can see alchemy going horribly for mankind. Just take a look at history, everytime we get something that we can use to make the world a better place we turn it into a weapon, Combustion-Guns, Knowledge of Microscopic organisms-Germ Warfare, Energy from splitting atoms-Nuclear Bombs. And i'm sure the list goes on. It seems your intentions are good, but I personally think we'll just end up with new and possibly interesting ways, to kill each other.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
new rule remember the philosopher stone does not make you immortal that is a very complicated process involving one yes.also remember yo can make anything not just gold out of lead.please try to remove that little stickler from it because you can make lead into gold with just alchemy.the philosopher stone mean turning anything into anything paper to;adamant,ruby,sapphire,or emerald and yes no matter what destruction can come from anything but there can also be so much construction and progress

[edit on 28-7-2007 by thestatue]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
As an addendum to whitewaves post you might want to look at this.

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Last I heard was that Dumbledore got it back from Harry and had it destroyed.

Seriously though, if you really want to be taken seriously about this. You could do better with grammar and puncuation. You're suppossed to be an angel I think someone said? You should know what a simple period, comma or capital letter is right?

(Entire post shouldn't be taken seriously or as a personal attack)

[edit on 28-7-2007 by nightmare_david]

[edit on 28-7-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
anybody else get the feeling that the OP just happened to catch the episode of "In Search of..." about Fulcanelli and Comte de Sainte Germain?

and just so I got it right.....OP, did you seriously just come to the ATS boards asking someone where you can get the Philosophers' Stone?

Also, it's my understanding that "true" practicioners of alchemy know that the "truth" of alchemy and the philosophers stone have nothing to do with transmuting metals. From what I've picked up here and there, the legends of the transmutation of metals was a trick to steer the unworthy away from the "true" goal of alchemy which is said to be finding oneself and finding immortality.

Perhaps you should try to read Fulcanelli's book, see what you can learn from there.

The Mystery of the Cathedrals

Jasn

[edit on 28-7-2007 by SimiusDei]

[edit on 28-7-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
no the truth is the power my friend.The legends are that the stone can only transmute gold or that it stands for one coming to terms with existence.The stone does exist and the stone could provide great things.alchemist wrote book in code format to confuse and deter the use I.E. in one book an alchemist claims a womens ovaries are needed to make a stone this is not true it stand for something else. yes i could say but i don't enjoy talking about how to create one out in the open like this privately maybe not here.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In "Le Mystere des Cathedrales" Fulcanelli said the following:

'...Similarly, your stone needs nourishment to increase its strength, and such nourishment should be graded, that is to say changed at certain stages. First give it milk; follow this with a more substantial diet of meat. And do not fail, after each digestion, to separate out the excrement by which your stone might otherwise become infected...'

I can tell you right off the bat that Fulcanelli knew exactly the opposite of what you claim he knew. You claim that he made a Gem of Fools and you think it is an actual stone. In a sense he did indeed succeed. Alchemists used clever codings in thier works to ensure that a person not ready to find the stone will not find it.

Overall, you misunderstand what alchemy is. The writings of all major historically known alchemists were full of metaphors. Why should the Stone not be a metaphor as well? Certainly it follows the most significant key principle in alchemy as stated in any text about the Emerald Tablet: As above, So Below. I feel that it would be terribly ironic and therefor in the true spirit of the alchemists that not only are their metalurgical works metaphors for spiritual works but also thier descriptions of the Stone are actually descriptions of the Soul. As above, so below...the nature of the Stone is reflected in the manner in which the creation of the Stone is described.

It makes perfect sense if you look at the quote from a spiritual perspective. To create the stone, it must be given milk first. Milk comes from a mother traditionally and a mother's milk represents love and caring. So to create the stone you must first find a love for yourself...a sense of self worth.

Next it must be given "a more substantial diet of meat." "A more substantial diet" could be read as "A more substantial existance." The unpurified stone (the alchemist) must give himself more than love. He must give himself a purpose. He must have a reason for finding the stone. Whether the reason is personal or practacle doesn't matter, it just matters that the alchemist truly desires it.

The next step of separating the "excrement" from the stone can be related to the chemical process of calcination: reducing a substance to ash so as to burn away impurities. In other words, the alchemist must "burn away" that which he feels is not a true part of himself. Most people mispercieve the word "impurity." An impurity in a metal is that which is not part of the metal. Therefor it makes absolutely no sense to think of "impure" parts of the soul as things like sex, desire, and anger for these things are all part of the person. However, things such as moral standards, laws, cultural norms are not part of a person originally. They are learned throughout life. So, to speak more plainly, the alchemist must sort out what he truly believes and what he has simply been taught to believe. If this is not done properly, the alchemist will become distracted by the false parts of his mind and his search for purity will "become infected."

Now, on to the Gem of Fools. I did some extensive searching in my alchemical files and most of my other resources and I found absolutely nothing about such a gem. In a metaphorical sense, the Gem is your statements on this forum so I can hardly say that it doesn't exist. You caim that the Gem cancels out alchemical processes. Well, alchemical processes all strive for one thing: Truth. What cancels out truth: Falsehoods (not necessarily lies). However, the truth can always defeat a falsehood when presented properly. This is because under a metaphorical magnifying glass, falsehoods are flawed...truth is not. So, yes your Gem exists with all the qualities you have given it. Your misunderstandings, and more probably your fabrications, about alchemy have in fact created it (though it is not the first time it has been created).

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
this is like that off a rant from a 9/11 victim who dissembles the proof that it was the American government that is responsible.it was a very very good speech though but one i've heard before if you tried a little harder you could prolly solve the codes in any alchemist's journal.try it man you may be startled match the components to different elements.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
what components? to what elements? could you give us an example? surprise us.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

if you tried a little harder you could prolly solve the codes in any alchemist's journal.try it man you may be startled match the components to different elements.

You are aware that the alchemists openly called those obsessed with finding a physical stone "coal-burners." This was always used to separate the alchemists from the chemists/metalurgists/physicians.

Also, I have in fact broken many of the alchemists codes. They have a multitude of layers, the simplest of which is metalurgy. The one thing that unites these codes is their purpose: to distract those who seek wealth, power, and an escape from death.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join