It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power to command insects?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just thought id share something interesting.
A friend and i were sitting at our local resivor at sunset reflecting on paranormal events that have taken place in our lives, during this discussion, a swarm of small bugs began to form in front of us about 2 or 3 feet away.
I told him how when i was little i liked to pretend that all things could understand me, how i use to communicate with the disemboddied footsteps in my hall by asking them to do something such as tap once for yes, and twice for no. simple stuff like that. i never really believed it to work
I said to him, "like for example, see these bugs? Hey, bugs! would you mind flying up a bit so that we can see the sunset better?" as soon as i said those words they fluttered up 2 feet, not just some of them but the whole swarm.
i figured id try my luck again "hey bugs! will you squeeze together and fly a little lower again? right about here" i motioned with my hands where i wanted them to fly.
yet again they followed my command.

yea.. haha i dunno what it means, coincidence or not i thought it was interesting hope someone else finds it entertaining haha

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Wierd stuff. I believe you. I've also heard if you've an annoying fly in your house, just open the window and tell it to go and it will. Doesn't work with me though. When I tell them to get lost, more arrive.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
When I worked in the kitchen when I was about 19 or so I would go out back and have a smoke.. Everyday I had the same dragonfly come up and sit right next to me!
This went on for days at a time. There where many times I would just hold out my hand, and it would fly right to the tip of my finger and sit there. I was amazed at how this dragon fly was so timid. After that time in my life Ive tried to get others to mimic this action but no luck. Its one of those werid things in life that make our lives seem almost in tune with nature.. IM sure at one time people where much more intune with bugs and nature..

I find when I camp the less you wack at bugs and just let them crawl the less they will bite you!

If you get scared, your energy will sertinly bother them as much as you are bothered.. Besides as a bug your a God like being to this creature, so how would you feel if you where next to a God like thing, and it got up screamed and tried to smash you?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I've done this before. Sometimes it works.

I see it as a form of communication, not commanding. For instance, I have ways of communicating with animals - I can mentally do this. I just send a thought out. I never command them, though sometimes I will ask them to come closer if they feel comfortable or if there are bugs, to move out of my way a bit. I don't command. I ask nicely. When I get a response, I try to thank them.

It is really self-centered, no offense, to think that you can "command" anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinHawk
It is really self-centered, no offense, to think that you can "command" anything.

Very much agree with this statement, its not the command, but the feeling of being one with nature, and understand simple respect

Respect is a big word, just think about this.. A world where human have respect for animals!! Just think, if we show love and compassion for all animals then every person in this world would be taken care of, and shown a level of respect.
But we are taught at a young age to hate bugs, and crush and kill them all!
Sure some can be pests, thats the mondain.. But you share this world with them. This isnt a human world! Its a world filled with life, and all life should be held at a high level of respect

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
To me this is odd, seeing this thread here, the other day I was thinking about people having affinities for animals, just then a fly came up to me and landed on my leg, so i held out my hand and it came up to my hand and stood on it, so i moved my hand and it flew back down to my leg, it stood there for a good ten minutes until I turned on the tv and moved my attention elsewhere. Very odd.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm very pleased to discover I'm not the only person who talks to bugs.

I'm very hesitant to kill a bug, or anything for that matter. I found a cockroach in my house the other day and whereas most people I know would smash it, I caught it, (after an hour or so of chasing it around my house), and took it a few hundred yards away from my apartment.

Normally if there was a fly or bee or something in my apartment I would open the door or window and literally talk to it, trying to convince it to go outside. I accompany this with hand gestures, just in case they don't understand English.

Cockroaches never listen to me though. Bees and flies will usually go outside with little convincing, but cockroaches are very stubborn and stupid.

Mosquitoes can go either way. Sometimes they are very cooperative, other times they must be forced to stay away if one does not want to be bitten.

Whether the bugs are actually listening to me, and understanding, is highly speculative. I like to think they understand me, but the success rate is low enough that it could all boil down to coincidence. I'll never stop talking to them though. It doesn't hurt anything, after all.

It's definitely better to ask than to "command", though. I treat them in some ways the same way I treat humans. Talk to them as if they are equals, in a friendly but firm tone. Use tact. Unless they bite you or sting you, then it's at your disgression what the bug deserves.

[edit on 26/7/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Originally posted by MinHawk

Very much agree with this statement, its not the command, but the feeling of being one with nature, and understand simple respect

Respect is a big word, just think about this.. A world where human have respect for animals!! Just think, if we show love and compassion for all animals then every person in this world would be taken care of, and shown a level of respect.
But we are taught at a young age to hate bugs, and crush and kill them all!
Sure some can be pests, thats the mondain.. But you share this world with them. This isnt a human world! Its a world filled with life, and all life should be held at a high level of respect

Yeah, I totally agree with you.

Most people nowadays could use a HUGE lesson in respecting the life forms around them.

I don't hate bugs. I know that flies, mosquitoes and ants (who seem to find me tasty!) can be quite irritating sometimes, but I don't really hate them. Sure, in the past, I've smacked at a few bugs, but I try not to now. Some bugs are just cool, and I like to catch those and look at them, then let them go.
It does seem to me that some types of bug listen - you know those bugs you see around bodies of water that fly around in big groups and seem to stay in one spot? Those, I've found, will sometimes listen. I've had them follow me around before. They didn't bother me, just followed me around. They were kind of in my face, though, and I asked them to move over a bit, and they'd be fine. And they did. But I've found that flies, mosquitos and such don't like to listen. A mosquito, though, is simply finding food when it bites you, though. They're not trying to bother you. Just to eat.

When bugs get into the house... usually it's spiders or something, I'll just catch them and put them outside. I tend to be the person people call when they are too chicken to do this themselves.

My specialty isn't bugs - it's birds. But I've found that on some occasions bugs will listen to me, too. I can talk to the birds really well, though, and I do it often, especially with birds of prey. I see them flying and ask them to fly in a little closer so I can see them better. If they're not doing anything like hunting, they generally will.
I also volunteer at a raptor rehab center, and I talk to those birds, also.

That's true about respect. I talk to them like they're equals, and although they are different from humans, I consider them to be equals. I think animals do pick up on that, and it's more likely that you'll be able to talk to them if they can sense that you understand and respect them.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by MinHawk]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
when the intent is pure, acts may become real, this without hesitation. On foot there is change.

What comes out of pure intent, is asked for to God, and is immediatly put in motion!

I think that when it is truly spoken out of this pure intent it has even more power over us. I think his magik is only for the severe.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
zysin5 that dragon fly story was great.....

I think bugs are generally very lost in our 'world' so I will try and help them out, such as a spider that recently built a web (everyday for a nearly a week) in my bathroom. Now my bathroom has no windows, and there is little air passage, and certainly no flies. After a week of seeing this (I left it presuming it would move on), I moved it outside.

That said wasps have no other function bar making a small smear marks on my window after a brief meeting with a newspaper. If anyone can convince me that wasps are useful I will happily treat them as I do bees.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Shambles]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shambles
If anyone can convince me that wasps are useful I will happily treat them as I do bees.

If for no other reason, wasps are useful in convincing us to question their existence. I find no other reason more important than this.

But then, I don't kill them simply because I assume that their species will receive some signal from the squashed remains of the bug and it will spark a mass *wasp vs. an3rkist* war that will lead to my demise.

[edit on 27/7/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lol true, I will be careful.....I posted that too quick so had a little more to add....

Back to the human bug debate - Last summer I was convinced that flies were almost psychic with regards to their reaction times.....and spent several minutes at various times imaging that I was swiping them......they changed direction a surprisingly large percentage of the time....but then flies do change direction a lot.....and I will be the first to admit that there was definitely no science behind what I was doing - but it was fun, for a little. Try it (I tried the cloud evaporate thing I read on here a week or two back and the two times I tried it it happend
) I dont believe it to be anything other that a cloud that was evaporating, but it made me smile nonetheless for a moment

Without meaning to digress the subject....birds however I have much respect for...they are truly amazing in their interactions with humans......I remember as a kid....NO bird would ever come anywhere near me, but as I became an adult, it is as they just know I am not going to chase them

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah, that's how I am with birds. They generally know I'm not going to come after them, or try to hurt them. They are generally very comfortable with me, and I am with them.

I might have to try that with flies, even if I don't plan on swatting them. Usually, I just shoo them away.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I remember trying to get bees to leave our eating space on the outside. It was like I could direct my energy/intention to the bees, and they seemed to be getting bothered by this. This was non-verbal.

Troy

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
hahaha ok sorry guys, i was thinking as i was typeing my post, "hmm ya know it was more of a conversation then a command, oh well, ill say command to get the point across".
Ya please know that i definately respect all things around me and dont feel that i had power "over them" but there was definately a connection

so yea, ha please ignore the "command" part

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Funny this thread was started.

I got married last weekend and the night before the wedding I was surprising my bride with a wedding band she didn't think she was getting. Problem was they didn't have the band in platnium as her engagement ring is so I took the white gold version with me for the ceremony and it takes 8-10 weeks to have the band made as it's done by hand.

Back on topic I was out in the garage applying a little adhesive to the two rings so they would stay together for the ceremony but still come apart when the time came. While I was out there I was deep in thought and somewhat restless, pretty normal stuff for someone the night before the wedding. I had a very good calm about me and was in a pretty somber mood as it was 3am.

So I'm in the garage and this fly is on the electrical cord off a bike in there, I'm looking at it and just kind of thinking in my head, then he flies over and lands on my right hand. I kept doing what I was doing and it never moved, I moved my hand around and brought it right up to my face and all he did was turn around and face me. I had never really had a housefly put up with any movement before flying off, but this one seemed determined to stay on my hand. I inspected him a little bit and said a few things in my head and continued on my work gluing the ring.

It stayed on my hand the entire time, a little bit of moving around, but it didn't move from my finger. After I was done, I just said in a voice in my head, "I'm going in now, thanks for hanging out and you can go back to what you were doing" and with that it flew back to the electrical cord.

Odd stuff. I'm always open to strange and odd occurances, but that kinda took me for a loop. I am the type to talk in my head to anything though just to see if or how much of a difference it makes.

Case in point, I was outside today smoking and doing some work, when I was thinking my wife was looking for me, so I said in my head, "I'm out on the driveway." No more then 30 seconds later she came out the door saying she was looking for me. It's not evidence that I'm affecting it, but the power of thought is quite strong and little things like this in my life help re-affirm that belief.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Okay, SamRi... I know what you meant now. Maybe that's WHY they listen to you then. Because they can pick up on the fact that you actually respect them, which, sad to say, most people do not. Animals do tend to pick up on that.

Interesting, HaTax... it's kind of funny, because me and my boyfriend are kind of like that. We believe ourselves to be soulmates or twin flames, but that's another story. But we have so much in common that we think alike. Any given day, we'll catch ourselves thinking or saying the same things at the same time, several times. Not just every now and then - a few times per day.

And the fly... that's awesome! Nice to know I'm not the only one. I don't usually get responses from flies, but I have mental conversations with birds of prey all the time. Some are the ones at the raptor center I volunteer at, and it's a very helpful ability to have. I let them know if they're spazzing out exactly what I'm doing, and that I don't plan on bothering them, and they calm down right away. Even if I have to walk into someone's enclosure and they're flying around everywhere, I tell them the same thing, what I'm doing, and that I'll leave as soon as I'm done. They always find a perch and sit there and wait until I'm gone. It's awesome.

There's this place we often go bird-of-prey watching - Headwaters State Park. Although there are many osprey there, there's this one that flies over our heads a lot. And we always know it's him, because we both hear someone saying "Hi!" in our heads. So we say hi back.

I think that fly likes you. They'll only talk to you if 1) you're open to it and 2) they know that you're not going to harm them.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
There is a wall, in the backyard of our house nest to the terras. I used to sit there, back against the wall, easily in the sun doing meditation.

On a day, I saw a nest of ants in the 'holes' of the wall. (yes, pieces of cement were fallen out between the bricks. Somehow the situation has put me in an ackward position since I couldn't sit back against the wall anymore, because I guess they would swarm all over me ..

I was making my situation clear to them.

two days after, I did this again in a similar way, as I noticed them again and, sended out the message to those ants. Now miraculously the nest of ants moved on to somewhere else.. leaving me space to sit back against the wall again and making me feel curious.. somehow.

I wondered about it and thought this would be a kind of good contribution to this thread.

Sending out these signals, to animals and plants, as to human beings, in a right and attentfull way makes space for them to comprehend situations so this makes them do a desired act. I think I cannot fully write this down the right way in essense.

Someone who does observe only from up the surface might think these ants just moved on, out of themselves but.. they always act on a signal, so I might suppose my signal caused this effect.

Seriously intruiging, the way of life.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There could've been another insight in this situation, as to I should've been leaving there to no more doing what I was doing upthere so to move on. Or to look for another space to do this meditating ..

new topics

top topics

join