It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone see Ghost Adventures tonight on Sci Fi?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Pretty scary stuff in this 2+ hour program. Actually provoke a ghost who throws a brick and some 2x4's. Any history on that hotel they stayed in, funny how they lock themselves in, and then end up jumping out a window to escape the madness inside....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I DVR'd it and am watching it now, but it messed up during part of it and I didn't get to hear what happend at the Cemetary. But, all in all, I like it; it's pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
that footage of the brick and 2x4's is some of the best footage i have seen yet of telekinesis in any way shape or form, in any way its seen, from any perspective.

I could say right now that i believe it, but remember this:

belief is just a step to understanding.

To say that i understand it would lead me to a whole 'nuther discusion entirely.

Good show, great footage.

:-)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's actually not too bad of a show. I wonder if they are going to take over for ghost hunters either next year or the year after?.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I thought the orbs where dust, I thought the investigators where over reacting... I think the brick scene was played in reverse, it was probably thrown into the room and then someone edited the video in reverse. The whole show seemed a little cheap as far as equipment used... I will stick to watching TAPS from now on.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
they are an independant film maker. Probably in college or recently out. TAPS on the other hand likely has a very generous contract with Discovery Channel plus the DC's own film film is following them. I liked the raw nature of this trio and would much rather watch them than Ghost Hunters anyday.

Anyhow what is the name of that hotel in the end of the show? I want to do some reseach on it. Seems like an obviously ACTIVE location!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
I thought the orbs where dust, I thought the investigators where over reacting... I think the brick scene was played in reverse, it was probably thrown into the room and then someone edited the video in reverse. The whole show seemed a little cheap as far as equipment used... I will stick to watching TAPS from now on.

Yeah they definately over reacted but these guys aren't professionals and are going to get spooked. It's hard to say if the brick was in reverse but I think the film guy would have caught that or atelast I would hope so. It is on the cheap side which is probably why it's on the air. They definately need better cameras/flash lights and maybe a emf detector or something. I would like to see taps go in there though.

Originally posted by hiii_98
Anyhow what is the name of that hotel in the end of the show? I want to do some reseach on it. Seems like an obviously ACTIVE location!

I believe the name is the Goldfield Hotel it's in Nevada

[edit on 26-7-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I have a tendency of excessively criticizing. Though I have seen better videos on youtube than this show.... Agh! I'm doing it again, see I can't help it lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
Yeah, I have a tendency of excessively criticizing. Though I have seen better videos on youtube than this show.... Agh! I'm doing it again, see I can't help it lol.

Eh it's allright. There was definately some problems with the show. But I think alot of these is that these guys didn't really know what they were doing and will probably get better as the season goes along. I view these guys as more of a action show unlike ghost hunters where it's more of an informative show.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I didnt see anything on the show that I would call paranormal. Its quite easy to make ghosts appear and do all kind of funky stuff when the "action" is few seconds long cutscene clip edited into the actual footage of them walking around a scary place. The lens flares and bugs were also very scary and obvious signs of ghost activity. I really dont know how to say anything good about it. They dont even pretend to be doing any investigation, they just walk around acting scared over someone making noice off camera, lens flares or actual "editing tricks". If you can look past all that, I suppose its not that bad. Reality show at its finest.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
probably get better as the season goes along.

The more Ghost Hunting shows the better, I'm sure I'll be watching and criticizing it lol. Nothing better than sitting in the dark at your own home watching this kind of stuff, though I wonder what the spirits in my house think about it

[edit on 27-7-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here is some information on the Hotel

www.legendsofamerica.com...

wow sounds like a truely creepy place. I'm going to try to take a visit there in the next few months.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Very good show more fun to watch than the other 2 shows on television. The brick and 2xs4s were pretty amazing, the only thing it could be is either a poltergiest or as another person stated they reversed the film, which I don't think they did as everything was analyzed as to whether or not it was tampered with after the event.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I started to watch the show but it was too fake for me.

It seems that this show is to cause more sensationalism than Ghost hunters.

I like the professionalism of Ghost hunters.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I also DVR'd the show, well my friend did. As soon as the footage of the brick + 2x4 was captured they brought it to a video survelience facility, and it was deemed legit. This show has great evidence.

not only do they catch that, but they catch an apparation moving across a room, and it even dims the light that it walks through.. this show is amazing totally reccomend it to any paranormal lover.

10++

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Is this the footage ?

In this video analysis, you can clearly see the brick lift off the ground, rotate and fly across the room on an arc. So the conclusion from the expert is that it was not tamperd with.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This thread is old as hell but I just saw this brick episode a couple nights ago. It's pretty messed up if true, I have seen other episodes but nothing like this one. I haven't seen them run from anything either before they jumped out the damn window.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Anyone see Ghost Adventures tonight on Sci Fi?

How funny your headliner sounds like your hang'in around the water cooler.

top topics

join