It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Hear The Emergency Broadcast Test Today? 07/25/07

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When they're tests, they say that they are, and that it's a required monthly test or whatever.. When it's for real, they put information (the only real ones I've heard were weather related, severe storm/tornado warnings from when I lived in michigan) in place of the "test" words

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
Do you actually head for the basement or continue doing your normal day to day things?

Lol, my thoughts exactly.
In the netherlands it's usually at 12:00 (24h, not am / pm) at the first monday of the month.

Now that would be the perfect moment to do a full takeover on the country lol.

*Siren goes off*
*People go about doing their regular stuff*
Next day.
*THIS IS YOUR NEW LEADER SPEAKING*
*Everyone going "WTF? why didn't we get warned?!"*
"You did get warned..."
"No we didn't, that alarm yesterday was the test!"
"Err no, it wasn't."
"ah crap"

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm so amazed at the amount of people from so many places that have answered this thread!

I posted this because I was curious if anyone else had heard the same thing I did.

It just seemed strange to me.

I didn't mention how the top of my tv screen was red and it sort of scared me at first because I had never seen the screen red before during one of these tests.

I also think that everyone should start being more aware of these EBS tests.
It sure seems to me that something is very different about them .

[edit on 26-7-2007 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The emergency broadcast you heard was probably organized by your local government and is certainly nothing to be worried about. And also considering its hurricane season they probably wanted to make sure their emergency broadcast systems were working.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The scring being red on the top of the screen is no surprise thats what happens when there are flood warnings where I live.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've lived in Florida for over 40 years and I've never heard or seen an EBS test like the one I saw on TV yesterday.

I also heard it on my radio in my car yesterday and I never remember that happening, 2 in one day.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Last month here in ohio, The tv emergency alert system was every other day. It didn't make me think that there was any motive behind it. It was just flat out annoying. This month it has done it just a couple of times. With the way the world is today i can see why they might be testing so much. They probably just want to make sure they are reading when something happens. Nothing to get worried about, Unless you want to be.

Cug

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
I heard the test for the emergency broadcast system on the radio and tv today.
The one I heard on tv seemed to be a little different. At the end of it it said:
"If this had been a real emergency alert this alert would have been for the entire state of Florida.
I don't think I've ever heard that before.

The State test happens once a month.. The local test happens once a week, so you may hear different scripts.

link to Florida's State schedule www.fab.org...

State of Florida Emergency Alert System State Plan www.fab.org...

A list of links for each state www.fcc.gov...

[edit on 7/26/2007 by Cug]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am not claiming any conspiracy but I saw someone comment about Ohio. I live in Columbus OH. I have a office in my home and a TV in the room adjacent to my office. I leave the TV on most of the time and just listen to it as I work. They run those tests almost every night at some point. It is usually very late at night between 12 and 5AM in the morning but they drive me nuts. I just do not think they need to test it as much as they do here. I'm not kidding when I say it is nearly every night.

Edit: I have time warner cable.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I remember like a week or two ago it would do it every night for like an hour. Its really annoying.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I live in the chicago suburbs and I heard the "presidential" test. Our towns tornado sirens get tested at the begining of each month at roughly 10 am. My normal response to those is going about my business. Im not to sure about when the broadcasted tests happen, but seriously the way "presidential test"went out I thought for sure somthing had happened. Noone on the radio mentioned an upcoming test or said we will pause now for, it just happened and scared the crap outta me. Mabey we could start a thread for the abnormal tests, mabey find a pattern. Making sure to link to your towns emergency broadcast system page. I dont know Im a noob!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As it's been stated many times now, these tests are required and occur on a regular basis and have been for decades. Nothing strange at all about them.
Places like Florida during hurricane season, California (earthquake prone), and parts of the midwest (mainly tornado alley) will see these tests more frequently than others...

Question: When you hear via radio or see via tv these warnings do you do anything different or just carry on going about your business, do you assume it is another test or do you actually follow an alert procedure path.

Do you actually head for the basement or continue doing your normal day to day things?

No. They are completely ignored unless there's bad weather in the area...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Another Floridain here. I did not notice the tests going on as I dont watch TV. I have a TV and sometimes watch it for news or some cartoons.
However these tests are in place for when we get hit really hard by a hurricane, which in my gut I feel Sarasoda is going to get it bad this year!

They have to make sure these tests are ready to go, and I dont think lead to anything sinister other than what mother nature is going to throw at us.
Out here in clearwater I know Im done for if we get hit. Im a water sign anyway and only feel comfortable living close to the ocean.
Its the price we pay for having hot chicks in Tbacks, lovely sunsets. And plenty of things to do around here.. I love clearwater! And hope it doesnt get flattened by a hurricane. But we all know the dangers, but thats humans for you, we dont care until we are in danger.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by skillzdatchillz
The emergency broadcast you heard was probably organized by your local government

The OP's state government is run by a Bush.

Originally posted by skillzdatchillz
and is certainly nothing to be worried about.

On the contrary be afraid, be very afraid...of your local government.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Its the price we pay for having hot chicks in Tbacks, lovely sunsets. And plenty of things to do around here..

Agreed! We got hit extremely hard here in Port Charlotte by Charley a few years ago. Very exciting to say the least. But that just comes with the territory. I love these afternoon thunderstorms, and I like searching for funnel clouds. The adrenaline you get from a really bad storm is like nothing else, the lightning is frequent and powerful, don't go outside!!!

This is right now, for example.

Now
Showers...and a few thunderstorms...moving east at 5 mph...will affect areas between Boca Grande and Port Charlotte... Tice... Suncoast estates...North Fort Myers and Morse shores...until 400 PM EDT. Gusty winds and frequent cloud to ground lightning is expected with the stronger storms. If caught outside...Crouch down in a low spot...away from tall objects. Heavy rains will cause ponding of water on roads...and minor flooding of poor drainage areas.

Maybe some hail in these storms too!

There is so much to do, and we have some great cities. Miami (my fav), Orlando, Daytona, the Keys, come on! Nothings too far away!

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Quasar]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
Blimey it seems you lot in the USA have these sirens going and tv alerts on a monthly basis, we would be lucky in the UK to see two buses in the same week lol

It is good to hear that you get these tests, but what keeps popping up in my head is are you been "conditioned" to accept these warnings and carry on as normal.

I ask because if another "terrorist attack" happens on the scale of 9/11 or bigger, whether genuine or sadly to say generated by your own leaders, then a fair few of you might just shrug your shoulders on hearing the warnings and say it is just another test.

Question: When you hear via radio or see via tv these warnings do you do anything different or just carry on going about your business, do you assume it is another test or do you actually follow an alert procedure path.

Wolfie

Usually it says it's not an alert, but even so people tend to carry on as normal it's sorta sad (at least here in Central MO) I was driving downtown the other day (it had just got done storming so the sirens wouldn't have been a test, they don't do it if it's been raining or storming) and the Sirens went off, My first instinct was to head home, but I just went on about my business as did everyone else.

I do believe we've been conditioned, even me, which bothers me.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Now this is strange!

Today 02/22/08 I was watching tv and a black screen came on with the large words "Alert" written is white letters . It was at 1:35pm Eastern time.

I didn't have time to read all that it said because my cable turned off and a snowey screen came on and the cable box was totally turned off!

The first thing I thought was that something very bad had happened and all comunications was off.

I immediatly came to my computer to see if it was on and it was.

My husband checked all of the other tv's in the house and they were off too.

After about 5 minutes the cable came back on but I'm still curious as to what caused this.

Has this happened to anyone else?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join