It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat predicts nursing home patients deaths

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder15
I saw this story on cnn earlier and admit that it fascinates me. Whether its's the sense of smell or them sensing and/or seeing our aura, animals definately are aware of things on a much different level than we are. I've had animals my whole life, I'm 36, and have countless stories of being amazed by animals of all types. Species difference is all there really is, because we are all sharing this godforsaken planet!

It's my theory that they are picking up on un-natural (vs natural) EMF fluctuations. In other words... they're getting a little anonymous help (man made) from an outside source during the dying process.
edit on 10-4-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hederahelix

Originally posted by Thunder15
I saw this story on cnn earlier and admit that it fascinates me. Whether its's the sense of smell or them sensing and/or seeing our aura, animals definately are aware of things on a much different level than we are. I've had animals my whole life, I'm 36, and have countless stories of being amazed by animals of all types. Species difference is all there really is, because we are all sharing this godforsaken planet!

It's my theory that they are picking up on un-natural (vs natural) EMF fluctuations. In other words... they're getting a little anonymous help (man made) from an outside source during the dying process.
edit on 10-4-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

Sharks use the Ampullae of Lorenzini, which allows them to sense the electromagnetic pulses given by each pulse of the heart in the animals around them..... they can sort out which ones are sick and scared....

In the end it could be a simple thing as others have said as scent, who knows.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BoyOfOceanus

I did some checking around because what you said made alot of sense. Here's some interesting research concerning your Ampullae of Lorenzini

Interesting Stuff...
edit on 16-4-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This does not surprise me one bit. Cats are very very intuitive animals. I am not a cat person, but I have owned a cat for almost 20 years. For the most part we ignore each other. I make sure she is ok, if she needs food or water or anything she will literally tell me, she will walk up to me or crawl into my bed and meow until I get up and find out what she needs. If she needs nothing, I can always find her somewhere in my sight just sitting or sleeping or sitting in my window. However, when I am sick with a cold or having any kind of medical issue at all, she will be right by my side curling up next to me. Sometimes she will just come lick my hand, then sit with me, but she stays with me as if she is here to comfort me. It is very odd...she just "knows". A few years ago I broke my back (L3 and L4) and she was right next to me for several months while I was in pain and struggling. Once I was able to get around ok again, we went right back to ignoring each other...unless of course her food dish was not full.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It's a soul sucking cat!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
OK Fine I'll be the jerk kidding

House the TV mini series did an episode about this very idea/theory....of course Hugh Laurie "Doc Gregory House" was a nay sayer...and totally tried to disprove the ole cat in the elderly wardon, all the old women feared the cat like a bad voodoo curse.....

Anyways I'll go ahead and blow the story and ruin it for those that have not seen it....the cat "in the end of the show" jumped up on DR Houses laptop...it saught out warmth/heat and the people that died had internal issues...failing liver, kidneys, etc...etc.... the cat was laying on the women, on the place of the problem ..cuz its natural for the body to flood an infected/damaged area with blood...thus creating a bit of warmth/heat..

Now Im not trying to use a sitcom soap opera...to debunk this ...but c-mon Doc House is the modern Mcguyver.....but this time with a doctrine to back it up....

Here found the show..... www.fox.com...

Yeah I'm kinda joking...but it does make sense to me.....
edit on 16-4-2011 by Doc Holiday because: feered to feared and OCD and blank boxs....

edit on 16-4-2011 by Doc Holiday because: add a linky

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The most probable explanation is that after the first couple of deaths in the nursing home, the rumour started about the Cat. From then on, whenever the little bastard wandered into a residents bedroom, they died of shock.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join