It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for all out Protest of Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Title says it all...
Everyone has complained, moaned about " how bad of a job bush has done". Yet there have ( not to my knowledge anyway ) a large scale protest of this war. Maybe a Million Man/Woman March of sort? I haven't seen anyone actually propose this in the time I've lurked about this site.
What ideas or suggestions do you have to aide in forming such protest?
How many more innocent people have to be tortured? How many soldiers will be killed? All in the name of what? Terrorism? Does anyone still believe that? With the new executive orders and such floating around, can anyone actually form a reputable argument for the Bush ( possible nWo/bilderberg) agenda?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ive been working hard at this, but in my area it seems Im the only one with the problem. When it comes down to it, most people understand that with real Liberty comes responsiblity. And most people sorry to say are way to lazy to want to get out of the AC. Or are just simply to busy trying to make ends meat. Living pay check to paycheck really takes the fight out of most people. Then you have the kids. That takes out plenty of steam from Americans. Most are only worried about this week, forget next week, I have to work on this week, I can barely afford the gas.

I do graphic arts, and I make up flyers. So u2u me and I will offer you some help with flyers and ideas or what not. But do know this, your getting into something that is becomming illegal to do, and cops will come to your house if you get the word out, and they will Take your name and information. So if your going to stand up, besure you have more than just you. have a strong group standing with you, that was my mistake thinking I could do this with just a couple others who feel like I do.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yeah, thats very correct. Being a minority is dangerous enough, so I know. I've been a constant victim of "profiling". So this is just another undertaking, but I definitely have some things I have to work out to make it actually happen on a large scale. The violations of liberty have gone too far. Someone must awaken the masses.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I got a catchy slogan....

What do we want?

Defeat in Iraq!

When do we want it?

NOW!

Then just keep repeating, and repeating, until America realizes what the anti-war (American) protesters true agenda is!

[edit on 25-7-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Then just keep repeating, and repeating, until America realizes what the anti-war (American) protesters true agenda is!

Well being a son of a Vietnam Veteran (3 tours), As a Veteran myself 13 years Army (Gulf War), With 3 out of my 4 children in the miltary, all Army and all on the ground in Iraq. I am against this war for several reasons

1 This War was entered into upon false pretenses with cherry picked intellegence information.

2 This incompetent admistration due thier piss poor ability to plan ( thank you Don Rumsfeld) didnt have enough troops in the initial invasion to secure the country and dont have enough troops to secure the country now no matter to what degree the "surge" is working.

3 This admistration seems to want to keep this country in a constant state of conflict ( see Vietnam). Instead of winning in Afganistan they chose to blunder into Iraq for no real reason because Saddam was containable and hade been contained for 10 plus years. If that isnt enough there constant sabre rattling in regards to Iran is foolish and stupid the Mullahs in Iran will fall to the Iranian people in time just a the Shah did.

4 They have already broken the military to the point that it will take 5-8 years to rebuild it and have it in condition to fight another major war.

5 They have lost our NCO corps basically they know this war is a no win situation with the present policy and are leaving in droves. Soon the all volunteer military will be a thing of the past.

6 This admistration does not take of the troops, see Walter Reed, Second rate body armor, multiple extended deployments, so for all of thier "Support the Troops" rhetoric, the truth is they support Halliburton Dynacorp and Blackwater etc.

My eldests sons wife and children live with me, at this point I am tired of answering the question "is daddy coming home today"? and I am tired of giving them the same answer everyday. I grew up during my Fathers 3 tours in Vietnam and I can remember as a child looking for daddy to come home everyday.

You want to honor the sacrifices of my family and other families in this War then get them the hell out of there and if The Iraqi government feels it needs help to secure its country let them hire the mercenaries from Halliburton, Dynacorp, and Blackwater etc.

The Iraqi civil war is not our fight and it never was. Iran might go Nuclear!
so friggin what! if they use a nuclear weapon they ensure thier own destruction.

50,000 troops should have been placed into Afganistan and the 500 billion plus we have spent on Iraq could have went to rebuilding that country.
In doing so we could have reaped great benefits in the Islamic world.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Instead of a march, which a lot of people can't miss work for.

why not a tax exemption everyone file exempt on there work w-2's

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think that what we may need is a war vote

meaning that the population of citizens of america need to vote on whether or not we want to go to war, sure let politicians have the first vote if they decide yes we should go to war, there should then be a vote by the american citizens as the final decision.

politicians shouldnt have the only say on this.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
I think that what we may need is a war vote

meaning that the population of citizens of america need to vote on whether or not we want to go to war, sure let politicians have the first vote if they decide yes we should go to war, there should then be a vote by the american citizens as the final decision.

politicians shouldnt have the only say on this.

The only problem with this is......

THE CONSTITUTION of the United States of America.

Man, I wish they would teach this stuff in school.

top topics

join