It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok so if God is real....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasiteGods
Alternativly you could commit suicide, and forget the waiting process, siriously christians go on about seeing god but they wont put there money where there mouth is and die to prove they had real faith that they would go on existing with their mountain god....their evil mountain god.....

Because the bible teaches that commiting suicide means you go to hell I suppose.

If you started teaching your followers that if they had faith, than they'd go to Heaven/Paradise
(hell IMO), and did'nt say anything about suicide, well you'd lose any power pretty fast.

Incidentally that's the reasons most cults tend to never really grow into mainstream religions.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Because the bible teaches that commiting suicide means you go to hell I suppose.

No offense. But give me scripture that says that commiting suicide means your going to hell. IT does'nt even say killing means your going to hell, it means its a sin. I dont think the bible says anything about commiting suicide, but I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
No offense. But give me scripture that says that commiting suicide means your going to hell. IT does'nt even say killing means your going to hell, it means its a sin. I dont think the bible says anything about commiting suicide, but I could be wrong.

committing suicide would be self-murder. that would mean that your last act was one of murder, one of sin...
something you wouldn't be able to repent for...
so i guess they just logically assume you'd go to hell if you died like that.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I believe Madness is correct.

peace.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
We cannot look directly at God, at least not while we are still living in our sinful condition. But we can see God in Jesus, who came to earth as a man so that we could come to God through him. Therefore, nobody living can tell you what God looks like. Picking up a Bible and scanning through it for your answer would probably be more fruitful. Hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasiteGods
Alternativly you could commit suicide, and forget the waiting process, siriously christians go on about seeing god but they wont put there money where there mouth is and die to prove they had real faith that they would go on existing with their mountain god....their evil mountain god.....

What about the 159,000 martyrs per year? They don't have to die but they choose to put themselves in that position, to not forsake God.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
What does God look like exactly?
Does God even have something to look at all?
Is God invisible or visible?

God(the Father) is spirit, the Bible tells us and invisible.

Jesus(the Son) is God incarnate, so as to be visible.

So God can be seen and has been, but there seems to be an indication that God has not been seen in His entirety, yet(that is what I get from my reading and studying of the Bible). In eternity He will be seen by the redeemed who are in changed immortal bodies.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I still dont believe the bible said that killing is a unforgivable sin. But I could be wrong

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I still dont believe the bible said that killing is a unforgivable sin. But I could be wrong

You are right, It does not say that anywhere in the text. All sins but one are forgiveable through Christs blood.

It is unequivocally clear that the one unforgivable sin is permanently rejecting Christ. Meaning if you do not accept Christ in the first place, you can't enter the kingdom, effectively dooming yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

only blasphemy against the holy spirit is considered unforgivable in the bible... murder is only unforgivable if its suicide because you can't possibly gain forgiveness for it after you die

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

only blasphemy against the holy spirit is considered unforgivable in the bible... murder is only unforgivable if its suicide because you can't possibly gain forgiveness for it after you die

But where does it say that its not forgivable?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Double post, but...

I've seen some interesting depictions of the Face of God on Sci-fi paperbacks. One had a hooded figure and inside swirling galaxies and nebulae.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here's part of the script in X-Files (5x17 All Souls).
"It's a Seraphim, an angel, with four faces. Those of a man, a lion, an eagle and a bull..."

I thought that was an eerie effect they used to depict this 'Angel with four faces'.

Now if we step that up to imagining 'God' incarnate (the one that created us in his own image) what might we have?

Consider that such a being would have dominion over countless Universes, Dimensions, Macro-verses, Micro-verses, and Multiverses.

Just as we multitask, by using 2 PCs, or two monitors, or TV, MP3 and PC all going at once, the Supreme Being is viewing and operating in all these space-time and dimensional modes, perhaps.

So such a being might look like a construct of rapidly spinning mirrors, or faces, or light, moving in and out of current space-time, sliding between dimensions and making other fantastic movements.

I can imagine that it might even be too much for our senses.

However it may be that from the right perspective (from a distance?), such a being would resemble, on average, a strange looking human, maybe with 'features' that you just can't see too clearly. Light waves may behave strangely, not allowing us to see normally.

Remember the Episode of ST:OS Is There In Truth No Beauty?

The Medusean ambassador was kept in a shielded container, because he was supposedly hideously ugly. (note they used sparkling and flashing light to portray the creature.)

In the same way, maybe the Supreme Being would be too beautiful to behold? The roiling of reality might indeed drive us mad if we beheld any such creature too long.

On the other hand, if you go by another point of view, God looks like Alannis Morissette! (Dogma). Not an entirely unconvincing choice.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Dang, everyone's so off topic.

Back to the appearance of God.

God only exists through one's personal connection with him. Obviously he's invisible, omniscient, an almighty force. He's a spirit (the Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, etc), not a material, tangible being. If he was visible, people would have seen him.

But then in the Bible it says that Man was created in his image so I suppose at one point he was a material being that appealed to the sense of sight in that he was in the figure of a man...?

That is to my best understanding of what God looks like. Christianity is so confusing...

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Paresthesia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join