It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race Differences In IQ Mostly Genetic, Not Cultural

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Race Differences In IQ Mostly Genetic, Not Cultural

www.rense.com

A 60-page review of the scientific evidence, some based on state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of brain size, has concluded that race differences in average IQ are largely genetic.

The lead article in the June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, a journal of the American Psychological Association, examined 10 categories of research evidence from around the world to contrast "a hereditarian model (50% genetic-50% cultural) and a culture-only model (0% genetic-100% cultural)."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is exactly the kind of medical news that is going to set off a fire storm. If I believed in censorship for the truth, this would have been one I would have done so to. As if racial stereotyping needed a boost.

-ADHD

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It's that mentality that has been responsible for many unnecessary deaths, at least in the US. Many studies, especially by pharmaceutical companies, discover medical traits far more prevalent than in others.

For example, a study was done on patients having ischemic events (heart attack, stroke) and the likelihood of additional complications. The study found that black women had a significantly higher chance of a repeat ischemic event over white males, who were second most likely. So what was the result of this study? Were articles written showing that, first, the assumption that women are not typically at risk is inaccurate? Maybe letting doctors know about the findings, other pharmaceutical companies so they can start developing/marketing drugs to save many, many black women's lives? No, alas, they can die, because the marketing department decided that the political storm resulting from saying there's any difference, even on a genetic level, between black and white would be far too detrimental to the company. So the research disappeared except for those few who were compiling it or analyzing it.

In the case of this research, though, the source is very dubious. Rense is kinda like the Russian equivalent to Weekly World News.

[edit on 7/25/07/25 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My picture that I see here is, this is dubious at best. However if it was the truth, it is only ammunition for racism and a greater divide.

-ADHD

top topics

join