It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loose Change Producer Korey Rowe Arrested

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Do we have any information on the arresting officers. now this is all beginning to smell real bad...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Additional Information

This might give more enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
If he really is a deserter, I see no reason for his release.

Partial service does not excuse total disgrace.

Fair enough. By your logic President Bush should be in jail right now as he went AWOL when he was "serving."

That goes for everyone else on their high horse about this. If it's such a black and white issue with you then realize we have a sitting deserter president.

If his capture and incarceration meant they would do the same with Bush then I'm all for it. It's all or nothing then.

Thank you for assuming a stance on MY political standings.

Thank you for being ignorant.

Please don't assume anything else about my "high horse"

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thank you for assuming a stance on MY political standings.

Thank you for being ignorant.

Please don't assume anything else about my "high horse"

Thank you.

Looks like you took something waaay too personally here.

He's making a point (a valid one IMO) about another soldier not finishing his term of service.

It's got nothing to do with your personal politics and certainly did not merit YOUR personal attack upon that member.

So lets get back to the topic of the thread instead of going after someone personally.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas

If he really is a deserter, I see no reason for his release.

Partial service does not excuse total disgrace.

Fair enough. By your logic President Bush should be in jail right now as he went AWOL when he was "serving."

That goes for everyone else on their high horse about this. If it's such a black and white issue with you then realize we have a sitting deserter president.

If his capture and incarceration meant they would do the same with Bush then I'm all for it. It's all or nothing then.

Bolding is to explain why this is offensive and not needed. Gools, i'm sorry you may be angry at me for disagreeing with your baseless actions in another thread, however that does not change the offensive and ignorant method of making a "point".

Did I mention anything about my personal opinions on the president and his alleged desertion? No.

Did my comment have ANY relation, direct or implied, to my personal political beliefs on the current president? No.

Don't defend this poster's offensive assumptions Gools,
Thanks.

[edit on 7-26-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I would tend to agree that if he only had 2 months left he should have gutted it out. There is a strong distinction between a soldier, a former soldier, and a deserter. Soldiers are not allowed to leave when they want to, it isn't like dropping out of junior college. He can say whatever he wants after he is discharged, but the Army only works if people follow orders. It is made quite clear to a recruit during the enlistment process what you may be called on to do and you are given many opportunities to opt out. If at any time during enlistment, or boot camp if he really didn't want to be there they would have discharged him. You say he was just a kid, but he wasn't. He volunteered, with a lot of other 18 year old "kids", who served with valor and distinction. They stayed and performed their duty, even though they had mixed feelings about what they were doing. He can't be considered special, and shouldn't be if he deserted. If he is a real man, he will face up to the consequences of his decisions. Which in his case might be an extended visit to Ft. Leavenworth, KS.

Would it change your opinion at all if you knew he was less than 2 months away from serving out his full four years? Seriously think about that. Less than 2 months left, obviously there was some reason he chose NOT to return to Iraq. He joined up in August of 2001, and left in July of 2005. 2 months left.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Don't defend this poster's offensive assumptions Gools,
Thanks.

I'm not, I'm asking you to get back on topic and to stop your personal attacks.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
How many you ever even served in the service of your country? I got 20 years, 15 days and 3 tours over there in case in of you jackholes are wondering before retiring from the military in Dec '03.

Hey man, I dont think you should jump to conclusions there Sarge or Sir. I didnt deserve that tirade my friend.

I did my time in the service to my country, my job was door gunner/ crewchief on an H-1N twin gun ship, so I think im absolutly qualified to judge this soldier.
im glad to hear he was honorably discharged. He has my thanks now. But I am still POed that he does his time Then rubs crap in the nose of the Army he enlisted in with the BS movie he is pushing. Putting his fellow soldiers at risk by drumming up anti war, anti governement support at home and abroad. Face it anti war and anti governement equals anti US soldier plane and simple any way you slice it. Soldiers then start to get spit on and treated like criminals. This guy knew exactly what he was getting into by signing up for the most dangerous job on the planet. US Soldiers are in season big time around the world so what this guy did was an afront to every person who takes the job of defending this nation most seriously.

I have my DD214 and did my 10 years proudly. the next war I fight will be for myself.

PS: I thank you Sir for your service to this country, all I ask is that you try and see my point here.

Edit for punc and retraction

[edit on 26-7-2007 by geemony]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
good for him. I thought the reason you have the right to bear arms was to raise them against unjust government.

So whats the difference?

[edit on 26-7-2007 by puzzled2]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2

good for him. I thought the reason you have the right to bear arms was to raise them against unjust government.

So whats the difference?

Well, it goes like this...

If you speak out or rise up against your government and you are unsuccessful, you are a tyrant. If you succeed, you are a patriot.

Basically, it's all about who's writing history.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
fact is, no one cut phone lies, 2 sheriffs went to arrest him and the gov't has him listed as leaving 2 months early. He never changed his address so it may be a matter that they have finally gotten him with the new address.

So this tells us that everything he has said, about not leaving early to cutting the phone lies is bull, so if someone like this is like that in the real world, how can you believe ANYTHING in his movies?

Thing is, he quit. You can't quit the Army? Let him serve his time out in a local Nat'l guard unit or something but he should not go to jail.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
fact is, no one cut phone lies, 2 sheriffs went to arrest him and the gov't has him listed as leaving 2 months early.

FACT huh? You were there? You tested his Phone Lines and were taking head counts of officers during the arrest?

No I didn't think so.

This has been a test of the "Repeat what you read on the web as gospel" system,
you have passed that test succesfully.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
FACT huh? You were there? You tested his Phone Lines and were taking head counts of officers during the arrest?

No I didn't think so.

This has been a test of the "Repeat what you read on the web as gospel" system,
you have passed that test succesfully.

Thank you. Lets not forget that the military admitted the whole thing was a MISTAKE on THEIR PART, and he was indeed given an Honorable Discharge. For those of you that argue "you can have your HD and still have service left...". bla bla, this was not the case. Why the hell to you guys insist on continually bashing the kid. He did nothing wrong.

Y'know what? Officers on the scene also said they didn't cut the browns phones at first too.

Critics in this thread are simply grabbing at straws, trying to save face. You can save as much as you want, it's still got egg on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Looks Like Do-Over Dylan May have got him arrested!

ONEONTA _ A trip last week to film the former Griffiss Air Force Base in Rome led to the arrest of Oneonta resident Korey Rowe for allegedly deserting from the Army in 2005.
Air Force Office of Special Investigations personnel notified the Oneonta Police Department there was an outstanding desertion warrant for Rowe, city Police Lt. Cameron Allison said.
"An individual was warned about taking pictures on military property in Rome, N.Y.," Allison said Wednesday. "The vehicle was registered to Korey Rowe."

Dylan Avery, the creator of the original "Loose Change film," said he was in Rome alone to film the base and was driving the car.
The base is home to the Northeast Air Defense Sector, a component of North American Aerospace Defense Command.
Military police from Fort Drum picked Rowe up from the Otsego County jail Wednesday morning, and he was driven back to the Watertown base.
"We’ve talked to him. He’s fine. And he should be back home soon," Avery, a childhood friend, said.

www.thedailystar.com...

Please read the rest of the article where his own friends say some interesting stuff.....

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Thank you. Lets not forget that the military admitted the whole thing was a MISTAKE on THEIR PART, and he was indeed given an Honorable Discharge. For those of you that argue "you can have your HD and still have service left...". bla bla, this was not the case. Why the hell to you guys insist on continually bashing the kid. He did nothing wrong.

Considering that I made the statement about having a DD-214 indicating Honorable Discharge and still have a committment left, I don't see where I'm "bashing the kid". The people that I'm "bashing" are the ones that are trying to make this out to be a vendetta against him for his involvement in the "Loose Change" movie.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Thank you. Lets not forget that the military admitted the whole thing was a MISTAKE on THEIR PART, and he was indeed given an Honorable Discharge.

please show me where the military said this.... because this is what I read:

"Mr. Rowe’s case will follow the same procedures and policies as any other soldier," Army spokesman Anthony O’Bryant said Wednesday.
He said the Army could not comment on the details of an individual personnel matter.
www.thedailystar.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
What if every soldier jsut 'decided' when it was time to go home?

Then there wouldn't be anybody left to kill each other and the leaders of the world who profit and delight in warfare would have to do their killing themselves as there wouldn't be any more young men literally dying to do it for them. Imagine.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To all of those saying this guy was a deserter and should serve his time...

he served from 2001-2006...

During that time he found out what he was doing was wrong. Him and his squadron ended up killing a bride and groom in a wedding party... killed a father and son and injured a girl all on their way to church...

Well if that happened to me, not only would there be some psycological damage, but i would never want to return to something that i thought was wrong, twisted, and all together made to benefit some mad mans illusions of grandure.

all the power to him. I hope he gets out soon and that the movie is a big success.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
During that time he found out what he was doing was wrong. Him and his squadron ended up killing a bride and groom in a wedding party... killed a father and son and injured a girl all on their way to church...

all the power to him. I hope he gets out soon and that the movie is a big success.

Is their proof that his happened? If so, please provide a source. If it is true...first of all it does show how we DO need to get the hell out of there as soon as we can!!!

It will also explain why Korey is so dillusional and contiunes to spread his filthy lies with Dylan and Jason.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious

Is their proof that his happened? If so, please provide a source. If it is true...first of all it does show how we DO need to get the hell out of there as soon as we can!!!

It will also explain why Korey is so dillusional and contiunes to spread his filthy lies with Dylan and Jason.

Well, i suppose the only proof im going on is that he is telling the truth... I would think the govt would want to keep most mistakes hush hush... but thats just me and my idea that our govt is corrupt...

and I ask you mr. CaptainObvious as to what proof suggests Korey and his pals are dillusional and spreading lies?

For the sake of arguement and open mindedness.. they make a pretty persuasive point... if they didnt i doubt their film would ever have gotten as big as it did

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join