It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Things To Bring On A Deserted Tropical Island?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ok so your on a deserted island and can ONLY bring 5 things, and they must be able to be carried by person or dragged etc..

The setting: A tropical deserted island that is roughly 5 miles in size, with birds, fish, mollusks, frogs and harmless gecko type reptiles, animals (small in size, including but not limited to wild boar, rabbit, fox, and turtle), and no insects other than butterflies. The average temperature ranges from 75 deg. farenheit to 95 deg. farenheit year round. Rainfall is 1 inch per month with some months more, some months less. The island itself is surrounded by clear blue salt water with some jagged rocks. There are caves on the far side. There are many trees and plants, some of which have fruit. There is a long beach, with an inlet. There is also a set of cliffs on a small portion of one side of the island. There is a large wooded area and there are also large grassy clearings.

What you are already wearing: you have two short sleeved tshirts, a pair of army drab colored cargo shorts underneath a pair of army drab colored cargo pants. you are wearing army style combat boots and have 2 pairs of socks. you only have 1 set of undergarments, which you are currently wearing. you also are wearing a 'fisherman' style hat.

You have a backpack with the following supplies: a first aid kit with 10 bandaids, a cloth bandage, and a 1 ounce tube of disinfectant, a pack of beef jerky with 15 strips inside, a foldable shovel, a compass, a watch that is water resistant but not water proof, a swiss army knife with over ten gadgets, a pair of leather gloves, 20 yards of heavy duty string,
2 flares, 2 pencils, a bandana, a pair of leather 'berkenstock' type sandals, and a glass jar with a lid.

You expect to be found and rescued within 3 to 5 years.

So are you up for the challenge? what are you going to bring? and how will you use it?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
wow no responses. I'm thrilled.

well, if anyone does end up looking here, here's my five things.

1. seeds(vegetables, fruits, herbs, plants, trees)

2. machete

3. my friend agent blue

4. lots and lots of chewing gum

5. knowledge on how to survive

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
1. A how to survive on a deserted island book.
2.fishing net
3.water purification tablets
4.flint
5.rubber raft

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Salt Water filter

i will need fresh water and since i am surrounded by water this will be a pro

Solor Panels

need to generate electricity

fibre glass

well i will need to create a shelter

Entertainment system

go to my local store and pick up a entertainment system, TV- skydish and so on package

last of all

Bed

need a nice bed

[edit on 26-7-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
1) Mary Anne.
She's waay hotter than Ginger...

2) Fishing and gardening stuff. Have to feed Mary Anne afterall.

3) An axe for building shelter. Carpentry tools, old fashioned ones that can be repaired by someone with less than stellar skills.

4) Sufficient hygiene supplies.

5) A sign saying "go away". I am after all, stranded on a desert isle with Mary Anne.

*2000th post* Hooray for me. So much said, with so little said.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by seagull]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
wow i am thoroughly impressed with all of your responses indeed

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
if i knew we could take people i would take jesica alba insted of a Bed

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm going to try to more strictly follow the rules and only name five individual items. I will have none of this silly "All my wood tools" or "A fully stocked refrigerator" crapola. Those are multiple THINGS each.

1. Big box of aluminum foil.
2. A machete.
3. A magnifying glass.
4. 50 feet of rubber hose.
5. A copy of War and Peace.

I think you should be able to survive at least a few years with that stuff - though I may have to read War and Peace a few times.

Jon

top topics

join