It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we be a left over 3rd worlds society of ancient times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Could we be a left over 3rd worlds society of ancient times?

What i mean is that if you look around today present time you see 3rd world countrys and some even less off than 3rd world countrys or states, now what if we as our existing human race were 3rd world survivors of some great war or cataclisim.

Now if we had nuclear war or some meteor hit us now today or future and whiped us virtualy out, would not some 3rd world country people survive?

3rd world people could easy see us a magical or tribes, electricity to light citys, TV, flying machines etc etc.

i think there have been other greater civilisations other than out own existing one, and i think we are survivors or remnants of 3rd world technology of ancient times, most knowledge was lost in wars or catastrophys, what about the libary of Alexander all the ancient knowledge lost

if our civilsation fell today what would be left in 200 years time, pretty much nothing, so an ancient civilisation say 20,000 years ago that couldve been much more advanced than us could of existed easy.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
While im at it i also thought of this:

if you say that humans at this time 20,000 years ago were not evolved enough to our own knowledge of evolution, why not there were to diff human races that we know of so far existing at same time.

And wouldnt skeletons turn to dust after such a long time of it war or catastrophic disaster hit the world at that time would not pretty much all people skeletons be destroyed helping turn to dust faster so less proof, but some must exist we jut not found or dug them up yet.

Vast areas of this planet have not even begun to be explored properly enough or deeper into ground digging, ie polar regions, deserts, sea floor.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by blobby]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Maybe we got left behind? Maybe all the "advanced" cultures left in a mass exodus?

just a thought

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
this is an interesting take on things!! thanks for enlightening me.

it could be possible, too!
i am amused.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Very possible that might of happened, look at today (or even say 100 years from now) if a giant asteriod was on collision course with Earth, and we had technology to build space escape ships who would we take with us?

Well for one thing we deff woulnt bother takeing any tribes or 3rd world people they would be left behind for sure, so would some non 3rd world people too rogue states or regimes.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I doubt most of us would be taken anyways, nowadays, I think it'd be mostly the elite, and the super rich, and some loyal followers, who will be the working force for them in space or whever they go.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
Vast areas of this planet have not even begun to be explored properly enough or deeper into ground digging, ie polar regions, deserts, sea floor.

All we know suggests that the earth was roughly the same it is now 20000 years ago. Why would an advanced civilizations live in a very unfriendly place like the polar regions or on the deep sea floor?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Very possible that might of happened, look at today (or even say 100 years from now) if a giant asteriod was on collision course with Earth, and we had technology to build space escape ships who would we take with us?

Let's hope that form of technology does NOT exist...and NEVER does. Jeebus, I've seen several references to making an escape from Earth. The world is nothing more than what we have made of it! Stay seated and do NOT move! AARGH!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Good views here, but sorry to say, it's been discussed over here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Might find somethings interesting to you!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
uh... well... this is a tough one... (scratches head)

i would not say humanity, in its current stage, is likened to a third-world country... Well... never mind, I take it back; I do say that. Usually, in a third world country, there are three things that are causing it to have such a "crippled" circumstantial economy.

1. IMF/and other international banks that give shoddy loans to these countries with astronomical interest rates.

2. In the eyes of the consumer, the country has no profitable goods to export to those who can buy lots of it.

3. Corrupt and puppeteered government that reports to an extension of international banking.

now that I have identified the causes of third world poverty, heres how it can be likened to the CURRENT state of humanity:

1. 99% of all humans are slave to currency which effectively reduces their purchasing power on average while also limiting their ability to live upon their free will.

2. In the eyes of TPTB, humans have no 'export' that which is extremely profitable or otherwise could liken most humans with thhe elite.

3. Across the 180+ countries of the world, you can bet that at least 80% of them has at least one puppet or one corrupt official who plays ball.

Now, I can easily imagine a past like Atlantis or maybe even Lemuria... before the Great Terran War and looooooooong before Babylon and Sumeria when things got crappy... where humans and other entities worked together to accomplish mutual goals. Truly a utopia, though thousands of years ago, you had equality and nobility working as one and the same... the way it should be.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I admit that I am in no way qualified scientifically or even informed as a layperson enough to post an educated or researched response. But I cannot help but feel that there have been prior global civilizations to ours.

Anthropology is certainly not something I have any knowledge of but I find it at best academically arrogant to think that after millions of years of evolution and development this is all we have to show for ourselves; glorified apes with manicures, driving Saabs around fueled on dinosaur gook and throwing depleted uranium spears at each other.

Sure, any archeaological evidence is questionable, but after ice ages, plates shifting, mountains rising and falling, seas flooding and receding it could very well be that a human civilization from long ago existed and had technology vastly more sophisticated than ours.

One hundred fifty years ago we were just breaking into an industrial age, that has brought us thus far. Our recorded global civilization began maybe 4-6,000 years ago? (again I don't know specific facts as some of you)

What could have happened if there were a civilization that lasted 20,000 years or more? 20,000 years is a mere drop in the bucket when compared to the eons of time of human existence that are historically unaccounted for.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
But wouldn't we have found at least some archeological proof of the existence of such a advanced civilization if it existed? I can't imagine future generations (50000 years from now) not finding anything we have made.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
But wouldn't we have found at least some archeological proof of the existence of such a advanced civilization if it existed? I can't imagine future generations (50000 years from now) not finding anything we have made.

Plus, we've put time capsules into the ground. Wouldn't an ancient civilization want to comunicate with their future if they had the ability?

There's also one flaw that I see in this supposition. What about resources. Our planet is rich with them, and in their natural state. We have yet to find anything that looks like it may have been recycled, and there are many resources at the surface of the planet. Look at Africa and diamonds.

If the arguement would be that erosion has worn away the soil exposing what used to be underground, so the ancient civilization didn't find them, then that would mean that archilogical evidence of these ancient people would be exposed as well...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

All we know suggests that the earth was roughly the same it is now 20000 years ago. Why would an advanced civilizations live in a very unfriendly place like the polar regions or on the deep sea floor?

Actually, 20,000 years ago, we were in an Ice Age, with a radically different climate for the planet as a whole, including different coastlines, for starters.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Junglejake
quote:
Plus, we've put time capsules into the ground. Wouldn't an ancient civilization want to comunicate with their future if they had the ability?

Ever heard of the Dropa Stones? Like 900 of these stone disks were found in China I think, they have almost microscopic hyroglyphics on them and some sort of magnetic core.

Demonhunter, I agree 100%, like the Bimi Road, that they found in the keys, or arround there. Historicially, like 80%-90% of the earths population lived within 200 miles of water, probiblly more in aincent times, (for travel and other reasons), and if we were in a Ice Age, more water would be frozen in the ice caps and therefore the coast lines would be where oceans are now, putting many of the past civs. under water.

p.s. the pyramids that were found off the coast of Japan also point to this.

I think that there is another possibility which is a pole-shift, changing which areas are warm and hospitable, with ones that are cold and uninhabitable. i.e. antartica. example, the map that was found in the 1500's that was a complete map of Antartica, before it was discovered, and the map was of a DRY Antartica, complete with rivers etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a fascinating topic, indeed, considering the tale told by the Rg Veda. Ever hear of Vimanas? Vedics of the distant past did... thousands of years ago:

they supposedly look like this:

fusionanomaly.net...

"Among the more famous ancient texts that mention aerial cars (Vimanas) are the Ramayana and Mahabharata. Other lesser known texts include the Samarangana Sutra-dhara, the Yuktikalpataru of Bhoja (12th century A.D.) the Mayamatam (attributed to the architect Maya celebrated in the Mahabharata), the Rig Veda, the Yajurveda and the Ataharvaveda.

According to the Indian historian Ramachandra Dik#ar, other texts which mention aerial vehicles and travels are the Satapathya Brahmanas; the Rig Veda Samhita; the Harivamsa; the Makandeya Purana; the Visnu Purana; the Vikramaurvasiya; the Uttararamacarita; the Harsacarita; the Tamil text Jivakocintamani; and the Samaranganasutradhara.

In the Manusa, the most elaborate details for building aerial machines are set down. The Samarangana Sutradhara says that they were made of light material, with a strong, well-shaped body. Iron, copper, mercury and lead were used in their construction. They could fly to great distances and were propelled through air by motors. The Samarangana Sutradhara text devotes 230 stanzas to the building of these machines, and their uses in peace and war:

Strong and durable must the body be made, like a great flying bird, of light material. Inside it one must place the Mercury-engine with its iron heating apparatus beneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky in a most marvelous manner. Similarly by using the prescribed processes one can build a vimana as large as the temple of the God-in-motion. Four strong mercury containers must be built into the interior structure. When these have been heated by controlled fire from iron containers, the vimana develops thunder-power through the mercury. And at once it becomes a pearl in the sky. Moreover, if this iron engine with properly welded joints be filled with mercury, and the fire be conducted to the upper part it develops power with the roar of a lion. The Ramayana describes a vimana as a double-deck, circular (cylindrical) aircraft with portholes and a dome. It flew with the speed of the wind and gave forth a melodious sound (a humming noise?). Ancient Indian texts on Vimanas are so numerous it would take several books to relate what they have to say. The ancient Indians themselves wrote entire flight manuals on the control of various types of Vimanas, of which there were basically four: the Shakuna Vimana, the Sundara Vimana, the Rukma Vimana and the Tripura Vimana. The Vaimanika Sastra is perhaps the most important ancient text on Vimanas known to exist. It was first reported to have been found in 1918 in the Baroda Royal SanskritLibrary. Baroda is located north of Bombay and south of Ahmedabad in Gujerat. No earlier copies have been reported, however, Swami Dayananda Saraswati in his comprehensive treatise on the Rig Veda dated 1875 references the Vaimanaik Sastra in his commentary, as well as other manuscripts on Vimanas. The Vaimanika Sastra refers to 97 past works and authorities, of which at least 20 works deal with the mechanism of aerial Flying Machines, but none of these works are now traceable. Says Sanskrit literature professor Dileep Kumar Kanjilal, Ph.D. of the West Bengal Senior Educational Service, Since the transcripts of the work date from early 20th century the authenticity of the Vail Sastra may be pertinently questioned. On careful analysis it has been found that the work retained some antique features pertaining to an old Sastra. Like the Sutras of Panini the rules have been laid down in an aphoristic style with the explanation couched in Vrittis and Karikas. The Sutra style is to be found in the earliest works on grammar, Smrti and Philosophy, while the use of Karikas is as old as Batsyayana, Kautilya and others of the early Christian era. Bharadwaja as the author of a Srauta Satra and Smrti work is well-known and a sage Bharadwaja as the seer of the 6th Mandala of the Rig Veda is also well-known. Panini also referred to him in VII. II.63. Kautilya had also shown that Bharadwaja was an ancient author on politics. The Mbh. (Mahabharata, Santiparva Ch. 58.3) refers to Bharadwaja as an author on politics. Authors on politics have very often been found to have written on the technical sciences also. The genuineness, therefore, of any treatise on technical sciences composed by Bharadwaja cannot be ignored. Says the Vaimanika Sastra about itself: In this book are described in 8 pregnant and captivating chapters, the arts of manufacturing various types of Aeroplanes of smooth and comfortable travel in the sky, as a unifying force for the Universe, contributive to the well-being of mankind. "

more from a different source if you don't like Terrence McKenna:

www.accomplice.info...

" An inspiration behind Accomplice�s scarcars such as Karloff�s loco vimana, the VIMANA are spacecraft, land leviathans, airplanes and interdimensional craft described in great technical detail in the ancient Vedic literature of India. Some were said to be as fast as thought itself.

In the ancient Vymanka-Shastra (Science of Aeronautics), there�s a description of a Vimana: "An apparatus which can go by its own force, from one place to place or globe to globe." The Hakatha (Laws of the Babylonians) states that �The privilege of operating a flying machine is great. The knowledge of flight is among the most ancient of our inheritances. A gift from 'those from upon high'. We received it from them as a means of saving many lives.� The Sifrala contains over one hundred pages of technical details on building a flying machine, with words which translate as graphite rod, copper coils, crystal indicator, vibrating spheres, stable angles, etc. The Ramayana describes a vimana as a double-deck, circular aircraft with portholes and a dome. The Vaimanika Sastra, a fourth century BC text, deals with the operation of Vimanas and how to switch the drive to "solar energy" from a free energy "anti-gravity" source. "

[Edited on 1/12/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Actually, 20,000 years ago, we were in an Ice Age, with a radically different climate for the planet as a whole, including different coastlines, for starters.

The continents were in the same place and the different climat would only help my thesis. No advanced civilization would live on ice-covered land. The ice isn't strong enough to build on and moves and breaks a lot more than normal soil.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well, it's almost certain that 20000 years ago the "unfriendly" places could actually be once beautiful places.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
You really think that 20000 years places like Antarctica and the bottom of the sea floor were nice places to live?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join