It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions Rock Dallas Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
OMG.....it's Al-Qaeda.........run for your lives!!!!!!

I'm sure on the news tonight and tomorrow they'll show many sheep running for their lives, and in interviews saying "Sheeeeeeeeeooooot, I didn't know if it was them Al-Kider or what, I jusaw other people runnin' and then I started runnin'!".

Peace

look
this could be an al queda attack...they could have done this as a test.

this could be the start of the most vicious terrorist campaign ever...
we should inform the police about any muslibns you see.any arabs should be reported.

i am very worried.

they could target schools.

sinemas

dance clubs..

we know arabs are hateful of dancing and of freedom...

they are suicide bombers ready to attack.

REMEMBER THEY ATTACKED 4 WEEKS AT AN AIRPORT IN GLASGOW IN ENGLAND...

WE MUST TAKE STEPS.

we should get the national gurad to vet every house and also deport all foriners.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Um... No one here screamed terrorism.

And I'm sorry this doesn't contain anything about terrorists, aliens, reptillians, or psychic vampires, but it is breaking news, and important news at that. I'm sorry if it ruins your day that someone posted it, but I'm pretty sure a lot less people care about that than they do about the explosions.

I seemed to have upset you. My apologies.
Heres a newsflash. As much time as you may spend here, ATS isnt here for normal news. You can go anywhere and get that. ATS Provides a deeper look at things where you may not see the truth, where you have to wipe away the dirt. At least I feel it is. If I am wrong, then correct me. I promise not to get offended.

If we focus on things that are accidents, or things that ARE as they seem, we lose a part of our integrity. Leave the jumping the gun to Foxnews.

My opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Heres a newsflash. As much time as you may spend here, ATS isnt here for normal news. You can go anywhere and get that. ATS Provides a deeper look at things where you may not see the truth, where you have to wipe away the dirt. At least I feel it is. If I am wrong, then correct me. I promise not to get offended.

If we focus on things that are accidents, or things that ARE as they seem, we lose a part of our integrity. Leave the jumping the gun to Foxnews.

My opinion.

I can understand where you are coming from, however this is the Breaking News section. This was posted by the OP prior to knowing the whole story, only that explosions where happening in the Dallas area. If you where not interested in the topic and thought it was irrelevant, then why did you bother to check it out at all? There are PLENTY of topics I see on this site that I have little to no interest in at all. I certainly do not go into the those threads to "voice my opinion". Why? Because no one asked me my opinion. If others want to discuss what I consider to be "meaningless" or "irrelevant" topics, that is there right to do so. Who am I to tell them that it is not right to post such information?

If this was a terrorist attack, you'd probably be right at the top of this thread telling the OP "good find". Instead it turned out to be a possible accident and instead you scream "you jumped the gun".

You may not come here to read the usual news, but I do. I actually enjoy this section of the site and look for how it relates to other things that might fly in under the mainstream radar. If it is not your cup of tea, then don't partake of it.

Now to go to the topic at hand........ Could it be a test? I doubt it. I think it was probably just a simple accident. These things do still happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiwynn

Because as abovetopsecret it is our jobs to keep an eye our for all LATE BREAKING NEWS ... This is a conspiracy site but also I do not like to go anywhere else to hear news.

I don't see alot of news reported here

It in the current events area. This is the breaking alternative, which is for the "other" thype of news.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You didn't so much upset me as assumed an unecessary and unearned judgeship of what is and is not appropriate news on ATS.

Heres a newsflash. As much time as you may spend here, ATS isnt here for normal news.

Here's a newsflash. I've been here three years and been entrusted as a moderator in this forum. I'm pretty sure I've got a pretty good handle on what constitutes appropriate news on ATS by now. You, on the other hand, have been here a little over a month, and while that is in no way, shape or form, something I would hold against anyone, you might want to hold off on any self-proclaimed mandates about what ATS is and isn't.

Now, several people, myself included, have tried to explain to you both why this is news, why it is appropriate for ATS, and why, at the time it was posted, it was VERY important news. Further, I might add that many people have loved ones across the globe, and MANY of our members either live in or have friends or loved ones in the DFW area. To us, it is extremely important news.

I might also point out that a major federal terrorism trial was taking place just a few blocks from the explosion site, which is yet another reason for the major concern about whether or not it was an accident or an attack.

I'm not sure if you're just trying to troll for replies, or if you genuinely just don't get it. Either way, I would suggest that, in the future, if you don't consider something newsworthy in your own mind, you either move on to a different thread, or if you truly feel it is offensive to the standards of ATS, you hit the complaint button so that the staff can make a judgment call on it.

You are correct in thinking ATS is about looking for a deeper truth in things, however not all those things are going to be as blatant as flying saucers and reptillian gnome smuggling rings. Sometimes it will be as "mundane" as massive explosions taking place a few blocks from a federal terrorism trial.

Regardless, repeatedly derailing a thread on the basis of whether or not it is newsworthy or not, though, runs contrary to what ATS is all about.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
anyone else finding it slightly bizarre that in the US and canada alone, there have been like 15 different explosion events (manholes, gas tanks, chemical plants, etc)? dallas, la, nyc, detroit, cincinnati, sf, etc ... plus the pipeline in st petersburg, some smaller stuff and a chemical factory in the uk, military buildings in syria ("overheated explosives" at 9am in the morning heh) ... the yellow phosphorus event in the ukraine ... very curious.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dear thread detractors:

Please refrain from trying to do what your brethren in the mass media do on a regular basis, namely, decide for me what is news I should hear, and what is not. While you MAY be astute enough to judge for your own mental capacity what is worthy and what is not, I will thank you to kindly keep it within your own bailiwick.

I live at the ass end of nowhere, I get only one TV station, and I like the idea of finding news from all over. While the programmers at our local level see DFW as being so far away that news of happenings there gets here by horseback faster than on their medium, I can "tune in" to ATS and learn details not ever available here.

So in the future, when you are offended at the wasted bandwidth these stories use, and worry that your reptilian friends are being neglected because of such mundane issues, please go stare at the noonday sun until you can no longer see these offensive headlines.

Thank You
Sincerely,
NGC2736

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join