It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions Rock Dallas Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

cbs11tv.com

(CBS 11 News) DALLAS Several explosions and a large fire rocked an industrial area near downtown Dallas Wednesday morning.

The business is believed to be a welding supply company. It went up in flames at about 9:30 a.m.

Tanks of acetylene fuel and other materials could be seen exploding and throwing large pieces of shrapnel throughout the area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nbc5i.com

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This looks like it'll probably turn out to be an accident.

The explosions have shut down two interstates and a large section of the city is being evacuated.

cbs11tv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's some additional links

www.wfaa.com...

cbs11tv.com...

www.cnn.com... (has video)

Apparently three large natural gas tanks exploded, starting subsidiary fires that ignited other gas mains, gas cannisters, trucks, etc. No injuries have yet been reported and the cause of the explosions has not been reported.

[edit on 7/25/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I live in Dallas, 30 miles out, SW.
Its an acetelyne tank on fire and blowing up.

Out of curiosity why was this posted? I hate to think we jump so fast at a possible terrorist attack.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiwynn

Out of curiosity why was this posted? I hate to think we jump so fast at a possible terrorist attack.

No one said it was a terrorist attack just breaking news, which the OP thought it was

Seems like some accident. Hope the gas prices dont go up because some wall street pansies get their panties in a bunch

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

This looks like it'll probably turn out to be an accident.

The explosions have shut down two interstates and a large section of the city is being evacuated.

Sure looks like an accident but I am reserving my final decision for a while. Keep in mind this is near the court house where a major terrorist trial is under way. It might just be a diversion but then again like you say it could just be an accident. The only thing that really makes me wonder is because gas tanks are involved.

After 14-year inquiry, biggest terror-financing case gets under way

[edit on 7/25/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Tanks of acetylene fuel and other materials could be seen exploding and throwing large pieces of shrapnel throughout the area.

Ouch. A little garage up the road from me was leveled by one tank. The guy was apparently cutting with the cutting torch or something, pulled the tank over and knocked the valve off. It was a solid block building too. Powerful stuff.

If any of them are still laying around in the fire, heating up....... that could get ugly.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Because as abovetopsecret it is our jobs to keep an eye our for all LATE BREAKING NEWS ... This is a conspiracy site but also I do not like to go anywhere else to hear news.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It is most likely an accident. If it were a terrorist attack, I'm sure they would target something more than acetylene and natural gas. Acetylene, while extremely flammable, does not pose much of a threat other than fire and asphyxiation. All new welding gas tanks are also equipped with release valves now that simply allow the tanks to burn out without further explosions. The only real danger is tanks that suffer damaged valves rocketing through the air. Simple accident is my guess. Still should cause plenty of damage though.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Isn't Johhny and/or Dave from Dallas? Sure hope they are okay. I do think we have to keep our eyes and ears open, it never hurts to be aware.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Because as abovetopsecret it is our jobs to keep an eye our for all LATE BREAKING NEWS ... This is a conspiracy site but also I do not like to go anywhere else to hear news.

I don't see alot of news reported here, at last I'm not used to it, unless its related to something involving something that makes you go "hmmm..."
I guess this kinda does,
I just hate seeing someone post this, and much like FOX News, everyones screaming Terrorism.

Especially me, I checked the news, (CNN, not FOX) found out it wasn't terrrorists, and lost interest and went back to ER.
Horrible but its the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OMG.....it's Al-Qaeda.........run for your lives!!!!!!

I'm sure on the news tonight and tomorrow they'll show many sheep running for their lives, and in interviews saying "Sheeeeeeeeeooooot, I didn't know if it was them Al-Kider or what, I jusaw other people runnin' and then I started runnin'!".

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I don't see alot of news reported here, at last I'm not used to it, unless its related to something involving something that makes you go "hmmm..."

Actually there's quite a bit of current event/breaking news coverage here. I'd say it's about 30% of the topics, but one of the mods would be better suited to give you a statistical breakdown.

I find it refreshing to see current event/news coverage on this site. Often it's news that you won't always get on mainstream media – thus, very useful.

btw, I like your sig.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I just hate seeing someone post this, and much like FOX News, everyones screaming Terrorism.

Especially me, I checked the news, (CNN, not FOX) found out it wasn't terrrorists, and lost interest and went back to ER.
Horrible but its the truth.

Um... No one here screamed terrorism.

And I'm sorry this doesn't contain anything about terrorists, aliens, reptillians, or psychic vampires, but it is breaking news, and important news at that. I'm sorry if it ruins your day that someone posted it, but I'm pretty sure a lot less people care about that than they do about the explosions.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have to agree with the person who said this isn't breaking news worthy.

Its an explosion, big whoop. The only reason it got posted is because of the fear factor involved, and all the mainstream media just jumping on the chance to get themselves a few more viewers.

Breaking news for Texas yes, breaking news for the world... no.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
But, it's not "Breaking World News". Just "Breaking News."

Regardless, if you're not interested – move on. There are a ton of threads I ignore on this site because I have no interest in them.

Let's get back to the topic at hand...

[edit on 25-7-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Breaking news for Texas yes, breaking news for the world... no.

This forum isn't "Breaking News With WorldWide Repurcussions Of An Armageddon Scale That Affect Shrunkensimon". It is "Breaking Alternative News".

If a Junior High girl getting 4 months of AEP for tagging a gym wall with a love note makes international headlines, them I'm pretty sure that massive explosions in Dallas are acceptable. Especially when, at the time, no one was really certain what happened, or why, or how bad the damage would become. Remember, this was posted while the story was still taking place. And Dallas is STILL burning.

Besides, the logic of "it happened somewhere else, so it's not news" or "it only affects people over there, so it's not news" is, frankly, a ridiculously ignorant attitude to take. 9/11 happened to New York and the Pentagon. So I suppose in Texas we really just shouldn't care? The Lodon Train bombings had absolutely no impact on the goings-on of my day. Should we not care?

All news takes place somewhere, and it rarely has any direct impact on anyone outside of its area of effect. So unless you want to have an entire lifetime of being annoyed at the news, I suggest you learn to accept the fact that, just because you weren't directly involved, does not mean it is not newsworthy.

[edit on 7/25/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wooh, I remember back in Acetylene Welding. I was always scared half to death that the tanks would ignite.

Every time the flame makes that Woop sound and retracts back up the hose. Scared the **** out of me.

I can't imagine the carnage that would ensue if they had ever blown up.

The tanks we used could run a very hot torch for something like 20 hours. Imagine all of that igniting at once!

... needless to say I stick to arc and mig welding.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Another gas related explosion had just been reported. This time in St. Petersburg, Russia. Major gas pipeline blew up there.

Reuters

Are people getting way careless? Equipment getting worn out?

Shall we name July 25th 'Gas explosion day'?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow, looks like all the Hall Monitors converged on this thread. Is ATS having bandwidth or disk space problems? The nice thing about the net, is you're capable of ignoring content you're not interested in. In fact, the very nature of a message board is such that you get to actually *choose* which topics you want to participate in, and which you don't. ATS has even conveniently structured topics in list format.

It's news, and it was posted in the news forum. What's the problem? I'm sure the OP is very sorry that the world isn't coming to an end today, so if you'd rather go watch a soap opera with an agenda, please do so.

The only thing irrelevant in this thread, is all the whining about the thread not being relevant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join