It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 Olympics closing ceremony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyobdy remembers the 1984 Closing cermony. there was a UFO ( well supposed) i was wondering if anyone knows what or if any aircraft was used. Also how they did it and if they are any good links to a picture of it

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I've read about it before. The UFO was supposedly suspsended by a helicopter with its blades in "stealth mode" for silent operation. Never seen a pic of it before, just read about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I remember seeing it...and today I still think it was cheesy. You have to remember this was the height of Spielberg-esque "aliens are our friendly simple buddies" movies. So some stupid UFO lands behind the stadium, and then this tall goofy alien shows up at the upper end of the stadium and says "Bow down to me you fools!"...ok maybe not...it was more like the blah blah peace on earth everyone unite talk. I think they had some laser light show going on too. I was a kid, and I still wasn't that impressed...nothing like the closing ceremonies in Spain or Norway, those I will never forget!
Anyway, you didn't miss much.

join