It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA: Terrorists May Be Conducting Dry Runs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Call me nuts, but I believe some if not most of these items described are everyday, mundane items.

Can I quote myself? I just did. But as I attempted to explain in an earlier post, I believe "most" of these are simply common items.

from this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

LONG BEACH - The Long Beach Airport was reopened after a suspicious device in a woman's luggage turned out to be a video game.

Source: www.presstelegram.com...

Thanks to Brit Guy from this current thread:

But local TSA Security Director Michael J. Aguilar – and the chief of the police agency that patrols the airport – said Wednesday that while screeners initially thought the packs held a clay-like substance, it was quickly determined they contained the usual blue gel.

Source: www.signonsandiego.com...

So I am NOT saying this is nothing to be concerned about. But it just goes to show the fear-mongering has created these kinds of "knee-jerk" reactions.

Plus one of the articles mentioned in the OP was from last September, that's almost A YEAR AGO and they are just now alerting the TSA.

I mean pencil or pen could do as much damage as a box cutter, those aren't banned.

DENY FEAR! regards...kk

edit for typo

[edit on 26-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is an update to this thread.

(CNN reporter Brian) TODD: In fact, a U.S. government official familiar with the investigation now says there were valid explanations for all four incidents in that bulletin and no charges will be brought in any of these cases.
(on camera): TSA officials first told us the incident with Sara Weiss got put on that bulletin because of a systems error. But they also say they were right to put all these incidents on that alert because whenever they find suspicious objects, they have to run them to ground and tell law enforcement officials to look out for items like that.

Source: www.prisonplanet.com...

Gosh. I love being right. ( read my prior posts ) Anyone who believed this story to begin with is now wiping the egg off their face.

End of story. Deny Fear!

regards....kk

<< 1   >>

join