It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'mon Already! enough!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Airports Warned About Terror Dry Run

General; Al Qaida Making New Terror Cells in US

I keep Yahoo as my home site and on the AP tonight I saw not one but TWO things about the terror threat and I have to say that ANY doubt I had about these reports recently all being a coincidence have flown out the window.

This is preposterous. SOMETHING is going on. Whether we are be fear mongered or warned I do not know, but there is definitely something going on.

I know this is the 100th post about all of these recent threats but Ithought I would start a new thread to open a discussion on things being TOO much.

Thoughts?

Here are some of my faves-

As for attacks, he added: "Am I concerned that this will happen this summer? I have to be concerned that it could happen any day."

"There is no credible, specific threat here," TSA spokeswoman Ellen Howe said Tuesday. "Don't panic. We do these things all the time."

OK...

Mod Edit: cap title

[edit on 7/25/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hasn't this BS played out every summer in the US for the past five years or so?

God, I can't wait until we get rid of this baboon we call "Mr. President".

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Do you really think that it will stop when Bush is gone??? what is it about bush that would cause all of this terror?? does he have bad Karma or something?? or is he just plain ole "Snakebit" as we say down south.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   

ALL THIS TERROR??????
I really hope your kidding!
President Bush authorized the false flag operation 911. You have got to be kidding! Does WTC 7 ring any bells? Open your eyes man.

WHERE IS THE TERROR?????

[edit on 25-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How can you blame the president of the U.S. for 9/11? Wake up people. He is actually trying to HELP protect the U.S. from more terror attacks like 9/11. That is why we are in Iraq. There are people out there that will do anything to screw around with peoples' minds in order to get what they want such as the anti-Bush group.

The reason why we are not improving in Iraq is because of many things. These things include:

- Iran and maybe some other Arab countries funding insurgents
- Al Quaeda and other terror groups
- Anti-Americanism
- Fighting between different ethnic groups.
- Indecision from Congress and the White House

The only way we will able to win is to knock off these issues one by one until we are able to control what is going on. Pulling out means that our soldiers went in and fought for nothing.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well let's see.

Iran and other Arab nations are funding insurgents to ...you guessed it! FIGHT AMERICANS!

AlQaeda was in Afghanistan - Where the US pulled out, as you say, and then INVADED IRAQ where there was NO Al Qaeda! Now there is Alqaeda in iraq because Al Qaeda has grown because of our occupation and now they are bigger than ever!

Hmm,,,why could there be anti Americanism in the region? Maybe it was because we invaded an ENTIRE country based on made up intel?? What if Canada invaded the US and said, ooops sorry. We had some bad intel. But we are still going to handg out for a few years!

It is very hard to control things when the White House created the mess in the first place and they dont have the competence or the will to fix it.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First off, Iran and other Arab nations are an addition to our enemies if they actually want to fight us.

AlQaueda is still in the Pakistan/Afghanistan border where NATO and Pakistani troops are pursuing. That is probably where they have their main HQ.

How does a terror group grow from us being in Iraq? That makes no sense. You would think they would be shrinking since we are actually hunting and capturing terrorists.

You actually trust the media that AlQaeda is stronger than ever? How would they know? Even though we have had all these terror warnings we still haven't been attacked, thanks to our Homeland Security department created by Bush.

Canada invading the U.S. is too far-fetched of an example. Yes you are right that there is anti-Americanism in the region from the invasion. However, do you think it's right?

It is very hard to control things when you have the Democrats grabbing your leg every time we try to do something. It is actually getting quite annoying. We could actually be a one-sided country if we didn't have anti-American propaganda.

OK so what if we get a Democratic president and we pull out of Iraq. Do you actually think it will get better in Iraq? Or do you not care what could happen?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just when you think you've been terrified enough....

HERE COMES THE GRANDMAMMY OF ALL TERRORS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Sort of the 3rd secret of Fatima in political terms.

Read all about it!!!

If that doesnt make your chesthairs curl, i dont know what will.

Lord help us.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647

You actually trust the media that AlQaeda is stronger than ever? How would they know? Even though we have had all these terror warnings we still haven't been attacked, thanks to our Homeland Security department created by Bush.

Canada invading the U.S. is too far-fetched of an example. Yes you are right that there is anti-Americanism in the region from the invasion. However, do you think it's right?

OK so what if we get a Democratic president and we pull out of Iraq. Do you actually think it will get better in Iraq? Or do you not care what could happen?

These are the media telling us what your Department of Homeland Security is telling us. They are reporting things that the Bush White House are saying. Do you think they just pulled that info out of the air? This info comes from your beloved administration.

I don't know that it is right but I cannot assume that ANY sovereign country or region would be thrilled if there was an invasion of a territory or country and the it turned out hte whole reason for going there was a lie. My point was that there is ZERO evidence to support the fact that there was any A Qaeda in Iraq befrore we were there. Now there is. Just adding 2 and 2 on that one and getting 4.

I do think Iraq will be in better shape if we end COMBAT operations in Iraq. We need to leave prudently and responsibly, and bolster our diplomatic efforts in the region to calm the fire. I do care very much what happens to Iraq. We broke it, and now we have to fix it, but having 140000 troops over there is not the solution. Our troops are targets now more than ever and there is no progress being made becuase things have gotten way out of control.

The main point here is that we should have gone into Afghanistan,, but we should have done the job. We did not, and it is your President Bush that made the call to focus efforts in Iraq and forget about Afghanistan and let diplomacy fall by the wayside.

Result? Al Qaeda has been able to rebuild in the mountains and now we are back to square one after 500 BILLION dollars and thousands of troops killed, countless more wounded.

Thats the reality.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Do you think our Homeland Security is a waste of money then? I think they actually are doing a pretty good job since 9/11. OK so they say AlQaeda is stronger than ever. You wouldn't know that information if we didn't have DHS.

How do you know it was a lie to go into Iraq? A lie for what? There would have to be a motive for a lie. Just for your information AlQaeda is a GLOBAL terror organization. They can be anywhere. They are unpredictable like a hurricane.

Would you rather have attacks on our citizens than attacks on our soldiers? You said AlQaeda is in Iraq. So if they are in Iraq and we pull out, there is a big chance they will grow even bigger. Progress is being made when looking at the protection of our citizens and country. Our military is trained for defending the homeland. That is why we have a military. Sometimes we have to go on offense for defense.

You are right we should have stayed in Afghanistan. There was no reason for pulling out.

Maybe if we let the professionals do what they want to do, we can actually get something done.

Like I said before AlQaeda is a global terror organization so they can get their money from many sources around the world. The war in Iraq is going to cost us some way. The price for freedom isn't free!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Freedom from what!? Since 911 there have been more forfeits of freedom than at any other time in history. Why? Fear of terror. THAT is the price you were speaking of DAN. The price, or in this case forfeiture, of freedom.

What did it cost? We allowed Patriot Act 1 and 2 to go through. The Gov is going over phone conversations, emails, writing directives that grant them dictatorial powers in the event of an emergencty etc.. We have spat on the Geneva convention, Kyoto Treaties and are now a mockery of international powers.

There is more evidence to support that Iraq was sold as a lie then evidence to support it was an honest mistake. Nearly every piece of evidence brought forth by powell and Wolfowitz has been proved either false or inaccurate. In some cases, made up. The yellow cake/ Niger story was a COMPLETE fabrication born in Italy and then exploited and exaggerated by the US / UK. THOSE are facts.

I am all about homeland security, but one that WORKS. it is still too soon to see in America is safe from terrorism. No one can say for certain right now. It was 8 years between the 2 attacks on the Trade Centers, so to say that nothing has happened since 911 does not reassure me that "Bush must be doing SOMETHING right". If we can barely get water to stranded people in our OWN country (Katrina), then my faith is very low for DHS. So to say that DHS is "working" is a bit of stretch.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The terrorists are the ones who started the War on Terror. If there were no terrorists in the world, there would be no war. 9/11 was the spark for the war. Duh, people are going to get scared from terrorist influence. Yes unfortunately it is a cost, however it is not a 'forfeiture of freedom'.

The MAIN reason for the Patriot Act is to enable DHS to spy on SUSPECTED terrorists in our country. Yes peoples' freedoms are being violated but those people are SUSPECTED terrorists. Do you think that 50% of our population are suspected terrorists? I really doubt that it is even .5%. However people in the country shouldn't worry about it if they have nothing to hide.

Before we invaded Iraq, we had intel reports from many organizations that there were WMDs in Iraq including the military, FBI, CIA, etc. There were even weapons inspectors there. Before we invaded, Saddam kicked the weapons inspectors out who also said that Iraq had WMDs. Now when we invaded there weren't any WMDs. Does this mean anything to you? Don't you think that these WMDs could've been moved to a neighboring country like Syria for instance. Or do you think that every intelligence organization that gives intel to our administration and govt. were wrong (FBI, CIA, military, etc.)?

For your information, it is FEMA's job to provide help to victims in emergencies such as Katrina, not DHS.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

For your information, it is FEMA's job to provide help to victims in emergencies such as Katrina, not DHS.

Yeah right, half a billion dollars a day in public funding and they showed up in New Orleans without so much as a pack of Ramen Noodles and turned away truly helpful organizations like the Red Cross and others for over a week while people died and rotted in their own filth. Why would FEMA keep people from leaving the city? Why would they turn away assistance from the Red Cross and other organizations?
FEMA's job? LOL
And for YOUR information, here's your FEMA heros in action...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They show up a week late in New Orleans, and a day early in New York, go figure...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wasn't defending FEMA. I was simply saying that it is FEMA's job to take care of people during emergencies. It is DHS's job to prevent emergencies such as terrorists attacks from happening.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Uh...for your information FEMA ANSWERS to DHS. FEMA is a component. Or at least thats what the DHS site says. Or are they lying too?

dhs.gov

As for this discussion it is obvious that you and I will not agree, especially now that I am your "foe".

We could keep this argument up for eternity.

You go on thinking that DHS is keeping you safe. If you live by the coast or in a major city, then you might want to consider moving, because if something happens you can BET that you will be sorely disappointed in them.

I, on the other hand shall continue to question their motives and be very wary of an administration that continues down the path of lies and deceit.

My 2 cents.

If you can come up with any PROOF to the contrary I am all ears. But until then, I remain uninfluenced by your argument.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Fine whatever, FEMA is part of DHS. It is not part of the subject. I never said anyone was lying about anything.

I live by Cocoa Beach, FL and the only thing I could possibly worry about is a nuclear war.

Arguments like this is the reason why Americans are divided in this country. We are not going to get anywhere unless we stop playing the blame game and start making progress. Also arguing on this website is not going to get many people influenced since there are a lot of forum websites out there.

You have no counters for my opinion yet you remain uninfluenced. Each of us has our strong points but I believe the point I made is much stronger than yours that is to say DHS is a benefit to our society instead of what you said is a sneaky, lying organization that cares for no one.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Alright, "Foe", if you would like to play point / counter point let's roll.

He is actually trying to HELP protect the U.S. from more terror attacks like 9/11. That is why we are in Iraq.

No. We went to Iraq for WMD's because Iraq was an "imminent threat" to the US and we shouldn't wait for proof in the shape of a mushroom cloud.

I know... I know... but Truth Within -

Before we invaded Iraq, we had intel reports from many organizations that there were WMDs in Iraq including the military, FBI, CIA, etc. There were even weapons inspectors there. Before we invaded, Saddam kicked the weapons inspectors out who also said that Iraq had WMDs. Now when we invaded there weren't any WMDs. Does this mean anything to you? Don't you think that these WMDs could've been moved to a neighboring country like Syria for instance.

The weapons inspectors were in Iraq saying that there WERE NO WMD's. Like this USA Today article mentions. There was NO yellow cake from Niger as used in the State of the Union as evidence as mentions in this CBS News article which states that most of the intel leading into the Iraq war was TOTALLY BOGUS!!!.

But Truth Within, that can't be because -

The terrorists are the ones who started the War on Terror. If there were no terrorists in the world, there would be no war. 9/11 was the spark for the war. Duh, people are going to get scared from terrorist influence. Yes unfortunately it is a cost, however it is not a 'forfeiture of freedom'.

Again, THERE WAS NO AL QAEDA PRESENCE IN IRAQ BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR!!! Which is mentioned in this Washington Post artcle.

So how could 911 be the spark for the war? THATS IMPOSSIBLE! To go to war with Iraq because of Al Qaeda would be like invading swimming pool for tacos. YES...it is and was that ridiculous!

I was here in NYC when the towers fell and just like every other American I wanted heads to roll. I stood behind Bush and looked to him for the right decision.

Afghanistan seemed right. LOGICAL even. We think it's Bin Laden so we are going after Al Qaeda. That made sense. I was all for it.

Then all of a sudden in '03, Bush says " Hey y'all, Iraq has Al Qaeda types, evil doers, and we need to go there because of WMD's and Al Qaeda. "

Thats when I lost it. Why? Because it DIDN'T MAKE SENSE. Now AlQaeda is back. And as strong as they were before 911 and you can read about that HERE.

All the while DHS has been doing a "heck of a job".

More to come on this. I should probably get back to work.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You know, I get so tired of seeing threads like this. Where is the proof that this is some kind of "fear mongering" as so many of you are constantly screaming at the top of your lungs. You think that just because we haven't been hit again by a terrorist attack that there are not people out there itching to do it? Really?

I suggest a bunch of you wake up to reality. Regardless of whether 9/11 was a black op, or whatever, one thing is for sure, the event brought a bunch of fanatical people out of the woodwork.

What are you all going to say when one of these warnings turn out to be true? Oh, I know what it's going to be then... I can hear it now. "Oh, Bush just did it to validate his 'fear mongering.' Yeah, that's it." Some of you can't see the light because your eyes are squinting to hard.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

What are you all going to say when one of these warnings turn out to be true? Oh, I know what it's going to be then... I can hear it now. "Oh, Bush just did it to validate his 'fear mongering.' Yeah, that's it." Some of you can't see the light because your eyes are squinting to hard.

Don't flatter yourself SpeakerofTruth. I am not suggesting that there aren't a bunch pf people out there with the bit in their teeth to do the US harm.

Give me a break, though. It just seems odd that all this terror rhetoric ALWAYS comes out at the most convenient time. I am not debating the threat, I am debating the timing of the info. This time it is Bush getting his poll numbers in telling him 25% and meanwhile he is battling Iraq legislation in the Congress trying to sell this war. CONVENIENT that just as he is doing that, suddenly there is a new terror report and all of these articles foretelling gloom.

I don't want anything to happen, but im also not naive.

I was near that steam pipe explosion in NYC when it went off and believe me I thought the worst. I know the threats are real. Don't presume things that you don't know.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You know...I am not trying to provoke anyone here but the direction this thread has gone is one of the reasons why I seldom post. This thread was started by the OP pointing out all the "terrorist warnings" as of late and has boiled over to a pissing match between a few posters on FEMA and DHS and the Iraq war. This is not the purpose of this thread. When we post we should at least show the OP some respect and stick to the topic.

There have been a few threads here on how we should take action against the lies and coverups our government has done. If we can't even be civil to one another here in our own community... how can we possibly get together and coordinate action.

Now that I am done ranting...

I share the OP's feelings that something is definitely in the works now. It has me thinking of emergency situations that I never thought I would have to. I feel as if it is only a matter of time now before the "EVENT" whatever it is takes place. There is just TOO much coverage everyday now on how our nation is closer and closer to an attack. I pray it doesn't happen but only time will tell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join