It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning Bad Grammar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I'm here for the content. If the post is legible, I could not care less if they miss a few commas or flub a few words.

I've been a proofreader for 21 years now, and I agree chissler. I lost my grammar elitism long ago. Since it's my job to nit-pick every little detail of my coworkers' writing, it's a pleasure coming here and just getting the message without worrying about how it's conveyed.

Also, some very intelligent people are poor writers, and some people with impeccable grammar are illogical. Proper grammar suggests a person possesses certain skills and attention to detail, but its lack isn't important enough to prompt indignation--not from me at least.

[edit on 8/2/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was insulted but remained cool.I write.
This is typing and many people do not know their way around a keyboard (like myself).
One day people will have to revert back to writing with pen and paper and there are many places that do still ask for things to be handwritten.
I know that i dont have to spellcheck my writings as i can spell therefore being asked if english was my first language was quite upsetting to say the least.
And yes im considering never posting here again,above,below, inbetween .
Time of day for fellow humans is what is needed and sadly is lacking in so many places these days.
I just hope that next time someone who constantly edits their posts and who in my opinion needs to use a spellchecker themselves uses a little more tact when replying to a post.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i get more annoyed by people that point out spelling/punctuation problems...who friggin cares? it's a message board. if you can make out the post, thats what matters.

having a few breaks is nice though. hit enter a couple times.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join