It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Confidence Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
O.k so if we don't like any of the candidates in the presidential election we can vote no confidence right?

What happens if "no confidence" wins?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Sorry this is in the completely wrong folder.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
No, you can keep it here. There is a write-in category AFAIK if you don't like the candidates.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Dunno what will happen if "no contest" wins, but it'll sure get a lot of votes.

Myself, along with a bunch of my buddies don't really classify ourselves as "democrat" or "republican." One is usually too conservative with some things and the other too liberal.

The last election I voted independent for someone I knew wouldn't win just as a protest vote. I didn't want to not vote, but I still wanted to be heard. So whatever happens, short of a candidate I approve of, at least I can still be heard!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think ultra-low turnout would send the best message of all...the demo candidates are starting to blur together for me and the repugs don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think that the No Confidence vote is better, because if you don't vote they think your either lazy or just don't care. By voting no confidence you show that you looked into it and think that none of them are fit to be president.

But I still don't see who would be president after that, would we keep Bush in and have another election, or would nobody be president?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've never heard of a no confidence vote outside of ex-commonwealth countries,
and that was for Prime Ministers and Parliament.

Are you sure that's an option everywhere?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
No confidence probably wouldn't be counted. We need someone in that position, so whoever gets the most votes will still win, I'm guessing. Unless you want to have it mean that the election is void and that the current representative stays in office, which is bad in so many ways.

new topics

top topics

join