It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Totem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hello, I was wondering how you figure out what your animal totem, I have a feeling it is a wolf. Ever since I went to this wildlife center, where they had wolves there...I fell in love with them. I just looked into their eyes and I felt a strong connection.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
SNAKE

Birth dates - October 23 - November 22
Clan of - Frog (Water Chief)
Wind is - West
Directional Totem is - Bear
Plant/Flower - Thistle
Mineral - Amethyst

Birth Totem Snake is an individual whose outer personality is driven by desires
of both the physical body and the emotional heart.

In nature, the snake is in a constant state of transformation, regeneration and
renewal as he sheds his old skin, revealing a healthy, new skin to begin the next
cycle of his life.

Like their Birth Totem, individuals born under the Totem of Snake are souls
compelled toward continual evolution and transformation, driven to discard the
past and emerge with the new "flesh" and sight of the dawn now before them. Yet
the process is often a challenging one as in order to step into the brilliant
light of self acknowledgment, these individuals must first face, and then release,
the painful moments of their past.

Many such lessons for Birth Totem Snake, will come in the guise of physical
desires as they are very sensual individuals that consciously seek to bond with
another on a physical level. These strong urges can be nearly overwhelming at
times and may often lead one who has not integrated the physical self to the
spiritual, mental and emotional, into painful situations in which they may either
unintentionally hurt another, or become hurt themselves.

The reason for this often is because there is a deeper calling that arises from
the soul of birth Snake, the call to spiritual union with another. Yet this call,
when one is operating from personality, is heard as a call to join only in
physical union. Those times when the Snake individual joins with another in an
act of physical passion, yet the spiritual union is not achieved, is ultimately
left with a sense of dissatisfaction. Whether verbally expressed to their partner
or not, this dissatisfaction may ultimately lead to one or both partners
becoming disillusioned and wanting "more" from the relationship.

When Birth Totem Snake individual can understand the motives of the higher self
and can attain true integration between the physical, emotional, spiritual and
mental self, then the motive of the higher self for spiritual union will ultimately
be attained, both in terms of union with the self, and the union with another.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Mines the great short haired hampster.. Similar to you I was visiting a pet store.. from the moment I saw the little buggers, i felt this wierd kind of bond.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ah my fav subject!

Well from what you have said it may possible be your spirit guide....Mine is the Wolf, i have always had a very strong connection to them,
a kinda of understanding and feeling that i am in tune with them,
My Grandfather is a sioux indian so was able to explain my feelings, and told me that it was my spirit guide,

But heres a little info on your totum animals....kinda helps you discover what is yours
Discover your Animal Totems

Answer these questions to help you discover the Animal Totems in your life. For Journey and Message Animal Totems you will have to often ask yourself the same questions. Remember that you may not currently have a Journey or Message totem. And finding out your Life animal totem is not always easy. When answering these questions you may have more than one answer per question, just don't start listing out all animals - only the ones that are really important to you. Follow your instincts when answering the question - when in doubt, don't.

Life Long Animal Totems

When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today?
Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be?
When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to?
If you could be any animal what animal would it be?
What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood?
What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it?
Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to?
When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal?
What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life?
What animal have you watched for hours?
Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you?
You Life Long Animal Totem will be the animal that you answered at least three times out of the eleven questions. The more time the same animal is listed in your answered the more important and stronger it is in your life.

Journey Animal Totems

What animal have you started to see occasionally that you never saw before?
What new animal are you attracted to?
Are you dreaming of an animal lately?
Are you thinking about an animal lately?
In the past two weeks what animals have you seen or dreamt of several times?
If you have a Journey Animal Totem you will have answered at least two of the questions with the same animal. Blessings on your new path.

Message Animal Totems

What animal surprised or startled you today?
What animal that you don't usually see, have you seen a couple of times today?
What animal entranced you today?
If you only answered one question then this is a message you should consider. If you answered the same animal to two question then this animal is your Message Totem with a very important message. Heed it's word quickly for the message is for now and today.

Shadow Animal Totems

What animal attacks have you been in?
What scary or traumatic animal situations have you been in?
Does seeing a certain animal bring up feelings of fear?
What animal do you run from?
What animals do you have reoccurring nightmares about?
Does just watching TV with that animal appearing scare you?
Answering two questions with the same animal means you have a Shadow Totem you must address. Remember that the Shadow Totem will continually test you and work against you for you are it's prey. You must embrace the lesson of the animal totem and conquer your fear, accept the power of the Shadow totem, and bring it into the light as your spiritual totem.

hope this helps!! sorry its a little long!! happy reading

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The best way to find your animal guide is through meditation. Ask your animal to present itself to you. Generally, they will and then you can speak to them (this is fun, I love talking to mine).

Many also say there are many ways to tell without meditation. Some ways are things you are drawn to, as in collections or strong connections, or something you see very often in the wild or in daily activities.

Since I can remember, I have always had a facination with wolves. I have a collection of many different types of wolves and a room in my home is dedicated to this collection (which steadily grows larger).

As I figured, my guide turned out to be a very beautiful pure white wolf. She is very wise and very powerful and nurturing. She has helped me through many trials, and been there for me always. She has also introduced me to many of my other guides, and told me about many others I have yet to meet.

Good luck in finding if yours truely is a wolve, or just a strong connection. But through meditation you will truely find out who you animal is.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My parents are active members of the Ojibawa tribe here in Northern Wisconsin, both went through the naming ceremonies.

The Indians believe that the animal clan spirit is passed from mother to children, so in that sense, I am of wolf spirit.

In more detail, my mother is Wolf clan, with Nature as her toem. My father, however, is Bear clan, with ThunderBird as spirit.

While I was in the Navy, I was curious as to what my name was... so using the only means I had, I did the fast, and instead of using a natural site (I was in San Diego), not having peota (bad speller), I used '___'.

Now, people using '___', or any drug for that matter, let the drugs control them. But if you are strong willed enough, you can get the drug to work for you, which is what I did.

While using '___' for visions, I witnessed the clouds in the night sky shape around the moon... first was an image of a flying eagle, the moon its eye... then it changed to an old man wearing an eagle head dress set-up.

In all the stores (if anyone here is from San Diego, it was on the water front, across from the aircraft carrier docks, walking distance from Horton Plaza)... the only things that "moved" were images or statues of eagles. I could see muscles flex, eyes blink...

So all that tells me is that I have Eagle spirit.

I was supposed to go through my naming ceremony, but a couple weeks before heading out, I decided not to. I didn't want to know/ see what was inside of me... which is rather funny, because on astral realms and occult circles I am known (and have used this name for many many years) as the Nameless One.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
First off, I'd like to thank everyone. Helped me A LOT. Well, I decided to meditate...I lit candles, and surrounded myself with them and closed my eyes and imagined I was in i beautiful forest. The air was just fresh, the temperature was just right..and the wind soothed me..Perfect..I found myself walking..and seeing something standing there in the distance and I couldn't really make out what it was at that point..I walked a long time until I FINALLY got up to it..A found myself making eye contact with a GORGEOUS solid black wolf...the eyes were piercing.. and gorgeous.. it was almost as if they glowed...The feeling was overwhelming. I thanked her for showing herself. Thats all i could really think of to say..I was in shock I guess...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well done its a great feeling!!

hope you are able to continue your journey of understanding with the wolf,

Good luck

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Congratulations on finding her. Now just remember to listen to her when she speaks. The wolves are very wise and very cunning.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was (am) alway's drawn to the Eagle. I'm a member of the Red Lake band of Ojibwe, and my clan is the Bear, but I can't help but feel a strong connection to Eagles and Crows...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
According to Asala's tips on what totem you are most strongly connected to, I am spider. Is an insect totem bad? I read somewhere it's not favored among Native Americans.
I'm part Cherokee on my mothers side. I've always had some sort of connection to the Black Widow. My father had a tattoo of one. My friend was bit by one. They have been around me for most of my life. I have an hourglass birthmark on my left elbow !! (No kidding)
What does a spider totem mean?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The Spirit of Fox makes you clever, nimble of mind, restless of spirit and sharp of tongue. You are usually efficient, quick in action and defensive by nature. You are skilled, talented, competitive and mostly need patience and training. You are a risk taker, and are genetically hardwired to danger, excitement and adventure.

You're mischievous, charming, witty and have a good sense of humor. You are funny, entertaining and a delight to be around. When interested or in the domestic and mating spirit, you are ardent, attentive, passionate and even nurturing. Children bring a twinkle to your eternally young eyes and you are kind, respectful and protective of them. You enjoy playing and being silly with them on the ground or in water.

You resent rules, decry expectations, and eschew close associations. There will be with a certainty major lessons involving respect and the setting of healthy limits and boundaries. You are rash, and often don't consider the implications and consequences of your actions until maturation (or slightly longer) sets in. You hate being predictable and will throw a "wrench into the works" just to see what will happen.

The only real problem you have is becoming bored and disinterested. When that happens, disaster and crisis are but moments and at best just days away. Having the spirit of a rebel, you are cursed with a wanderlust and curiosity that is difficult to control. In gaming you may not win, but you almost always give others a good "run for their money. "

In business the Fox Spirit warns of the need for patience, vigilance, discernment and caution. Something's up, and you must watch and weigh your words' carefully. Your actions must be straight forward without any guile. Your business, words, or actions are being watched. Your manners must be impeccable, and someone is just looking for a reason to turn on you.

You must be careful at presentations and meetings, for your private or confidential statements might suddenly be water cooler news. A person may be trying to set you up, trap you, or trick you in some way. There are secrets, and you must withhold or delay (not withdraw) making any major commitment or major changes until you have further information. There may be a big hullabaloo over nothing, so give time and thought to ascertain all the facts before choosing a response or course of action.

Reserve immediate judgment on new employees or friends. You may find that you are busy, have long hours, and there is no chance or place to play or rest.

There will be a moral or ethical dilemma to contend with. Choose wisely. You must not risk everything by letting instincts or feelings rule over reason. With almost total certainty you will find a scapegoat being made or sacrificed. Make sure it's not you. Those at home may need you more than you think.

In Love, the time of the Fox gives an air of excitement that is spiced with adventure. This is a time of having fun and playing mating games and mating rituals. It may seem inevitable that you'll end up together so it is vital that you set some healthy limits and boundaries.

The rules of a relationship are set up in the first few months so there is no doubt relationships would benefit from having some of them from the get go. It is vital to ascertain what you will or won't do for this new person. Give time enough for you to identify the values and ethics of your partner. Consider running away fast if you have been asked to sacrifice your freedom or move in during the first 90 days. It takes time to know if you can trust or distrust a person. Cooperation is advised, and before you commit, you must see the continual demonstration of their love through service, mutual service. You'll know it's true if they call you, show up on time, and if they hug, cuddle, tease, laugh, play and of course be willing to work.

This is a relationship that may last a very long time.

If this is a new relationship you are cautioned to refrain from mainly physical involvement unless that is exactly what you want. In such case have a good time. There may be a reason why you think they seem sly or tricky so trust your instincts, investigate, and if needed consider running away fast. They may still continue to try to chase you.

Instinct rules over reason often, and with your powers of physical attraction, mental rapport and need for adventure being so great, you may find yourself praying to be delivered into temptation. Be careful, you may get what you wish for.

One or both of you may be inveterate flirts, and this behavior may be the cause of serious conflict in the days ahead. If you are a woman make sure you make them go through a serious chase.
www.starfriends.com...

As a fox person, you are cunning. Foxes can walk into a room, sit by themselves for a few moments and get the layout of how things are. You can tell the friendly people and happy people from the ones who wouldn't want you anywhere near them. You can see how things are.
This helps you to see where you would best fit in the interaction of things.

You can sense what people are feeling or thinking. This can be a hard thing to know. You can't hear thoughts, but you can sense emotions. This is helpful in dealing with people in some respects, but in others it can be difficult. You will learn with experience. This is one of the talents you will need to enhance as a Fox. You can sense people, develop this habit. Be careful not to take it instantly to heart, these senses can be wrong, especially at the beginning. You are out to help people. This is another thing that you are to learn. Always be a shoulder for others to cry on.

Another thing is you rely heavily on your ears. They are like an extra set of eyes. You will find in time that you can almost "see" with your ears. Your nose is also a powerful tool. Just tonight, I was smelling a strange smell almost like honey and no one else smelled it. I kept smelling it whenever I leaned my head down towards the chair, and finally narrowed the location down to the cushions. I discovered a broken cigarette lodged in the cushion. It's kinda funny. That ended up being what I smelled.

It's interesting and fun to connect with your totem animal. Just remember, don't go too far... If you start smelling things out in public, they're going to call the Charter boys out on you pretty quickly
Just relax and have fun with your new "talents".
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Darklanser::

No the spider Is very special, To the Native Americans, spider is grandmother, the link to the past and the future.
Spider teaches you to maintain a balance - between past and future, physical and spiritual, male and female. Spider teaches you that everything you now do is weaving what you will encounter in the future.

The spider awakens creative sensibilities. It weaves a web of intricate and subtle fabric, as if to remind us that the past always subtly influences the present and future.

Spider is the guardian of the ancient languages and alphabets

If spider has come into your life, ask yourself some important questions. Are you not weaving your dreams and imaginings into reality? Are you not using your creative opportunities? Are you feeling closed in or stuck as if in a web? Do you need to pay attention to your balance and where you are walking in life? Are others out of balance around you? Do you need to write? Are you inspired to write or draw and not following through? Remember that spider is the keeper of knowledge of the primordial alphabet. Spider can teach how to use the written language with power and creativity so that your words weave a web around those who would read them.

Hope that Helps!!

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weise
II'm a member of the Red Lake band of Ojibwe...

Cool! I'm part of the (forgive spelling, but the sound is right)

Mitiskidikan of the Ojibwe.

Geez... in the past couple days, I've already met someone from my neck of the woods, and another Ojibwe member.. small small world, this ATS.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Spider teaches you to maintain a balance - between past and future, physical and spiritual, male and female. Spider teaches you that everything you now do is weaving what you will encounter in the future.

The spider awakens creative sensibilities. It weaves a web of intricate and subtle fabric, as if to remind us that the past always subtly influences the present and future.

Spider is the guardian of the ancient languages and alphabets

If spider has come into your life, ask yourself some important questions. Are you not weaving your dreams and imaginings into reality? Are you not using your creative opportunities? Are you feeling closed in or stuck as if in a web? Do you need to pay attention to your balance and where you are walking in life? Are others out of balance around you? Do you need to write? Are you inspired to write or draw and not following through? Remember that spider is the keeper of knowledge of the primordial alphabet. Spider can teach how to use the written language with power and creativity so that your words weave a web around those who would read them.

That's amazing !!! I am an artist, but I have never pushed it as a career. I think of it as more meditation to me.
If I do it (art) as a job, it will become less sacred. I don't want to lose the connection I feel with my drwaing or any of my artwork.
I also feel that if I applied myself, I could be a better writer. The words seem to be stuck inside my head sometimes though. If anyone notices...my posts always have the EDIT timestamp....I cannot let a simple spelling or grammar mistake slip by. Yes, I know the word for that.

I also feel that I do have a better balance of male/female energy. I don't know how to explain it...and I guess I really don't need to.

Thank you Asala for taking the time to search out the answers to my questions.

new topics

top topics

join