It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all British GP Doctors Bloody Useless?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In the UK, we have General Practitioners (GP's) who have surgeries which sick people attend for treatment. However, I am amazed at the General Ineptitude shown by members of this profession. My son had a lump under his throat and persistent cold/flu symptoms yet a procession of doctors at the surgery were unable to help him except to offer a blood test which came back normal (apparently).

In fact he was told that they could not help him further. It took my wife and I an Internet search (15 minutes) to find out that he had allergic rhinitis and we had to treat him ourselves because the doctors seemed helpless.

Unfortunately, from a straw poll of acquaintances and friends, it seems that GP's want patients in and out of the ofice in ten minutes and GP surgeries seem to be a place for blood testing, a dispensory for painkillers or other tablets and seem to be too pressurised to care about patients.

What a disaster in a caring profession...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i am a british gp and i have 11 mansions thats how well people pay me they trust me i will kick butt if i read these posts again i shall arange a fight me and you i live in slough meet at asda car park ask for salihgar robert

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, I've managed to get the rant off my chest and feel better for it. However, you don't sound like you have completed your high school education yet so please don't pretend to be a GP. I know that there are many good GP's out there. It is just that the ultimate people profession has tried to adopt a business model that will fail completely.

Rather like teaching adopting industrial practices - doomed to failure. We are actually in a care profession where the input is so variable that no industry would accept it. We are actually a care profession to turn out rounded, confident, numerate and literate individuals from damaged and hurt kids. Don't judge us by industrial models. It is the same with doctors...

new topics

join