It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Microsoft is testing my IQ!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Anyone can log on to the Live Search Club and play puzzle games. You earn points which can be redeemed for real prizes such as various versions of Windows Vista, Microsoft Zune players, free music downloads, web cameras and other prizes. You must have a Microsoft i.d. account to save your points though. My favorite game is called Flexicon which is basically a multi-layered crossword puzzle. I noticed that if I wait until I have a large group of answers and then click to confirm, I am prompted to enter a code before I can continue. It's almost like I am answering the puzzles too fast. This doesn't happen unless I answer something like 6 or more in a few seconds. I am thinking that either they are logging my info and response time into a database or it is a way to confirm that I am not cheating. I am leaning towards the former for the simple fact that the puzzles are random. Anyone else have this happen to them? Here is the link to the site...... Live Search Club

[edit on 7/24/2007 by Infra_red]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They do that to prevent bots from winning the games. There has been discussion out there of people cheating and winning the games and getting free Zune's and other stuff. To get 20,000 points to get a Zune would take a long time. People are winning that many points in a few days. The codes or whatever it's asking you are there to stop those cheaters.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thanks. I've never really understood how bots work but it makes me feel kinda smart to think that Microsoft has to check on me to make sure I'm not a computer generated program.

new topics

join