It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conn. city offers illegal immigrants IDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Conn. city offers illegal immigrants IDs

news.yahoo.com

The cards, available to New Haven's entire population, are meant to help anyone without a state- or federal-issued ID open a bank accounts and use other services that would otherwise be inaccessible. Advocates argue that if immigrants can open bank accounts, they will be less likely to carry large amounts of cash, a practice that makes them easy targets for robbers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Why do governments constantly want to improve the lives of people illegally staying in our country? If illegals don't like being targets for robbers they can go back to where they came from, become legal citizens, and then come back and get a bank account. Why do we make it so easy for illegals to live here?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If you have ever been to New Haven, you would understand why.

A large percentage of the working population there is, well 'illegal.'

I don't agree with the action by the New Haven city government, but this was inevitable.

This does not grant them citizenship, but will allow banks to rape them just like the rest of us.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They should be arrested, not treated to our economy to drain the money back to Mexico. Maybe that sounds harsh, but if they were arrested instead of being given hand-outs left and right, they would not come to the US to drain our economy and hurt the middle-class.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7
They should be arrested, not treated to our economy to drain the money back to Mexico. Maybe that sounds harsh, but if they were arrested instead of being given hand-outs left and right, they would not come to the US to drain our economy and hurt the middle-class.

Do you really think that almost 4 million illegals drain our economy? Yeah, they do send a majority of their money earned back to their families in Mexico but where do they buy their clothes and food? They don't all travel down to Mexico for these things, they spend their money here, in the US. I am almost positive that if these 4 million people were to up and vanish several companies would see a drop in their earnings.

Also, if fresh produce is something that you enjoy, it would become really expensive because I am sure that no american would pick oranges and lettuce for the wage that is paid to the illegals that do it now. Ever stay in a hotel and love it when after a day of sightseeing or business meetings you can come back to a clean hotel room with fresh towels? Well, I guarantee that if an american was your hotel maid you would see it reflected in a higher hotel bill. These are just some of the examples of how the "dirty illegal aliens" in this country affect our daily lives.

Do me a favor, colloneh7, go rent "A Day Without A Mexican." It is a tounge-in-cheek movie but there is a lot of truth to what it is saying.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by scooler1]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The city council of New Haven should be brought up on charges of Aiding and Abetting felonies.

The rest of the US should shut illegal immigration down with the choice, "Do you want a bus ticket to Mexico city or New Haven?"

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The banks are of course behind this as business was behind that fiasco immigration bill. Most cities get a good chunk of federal funding and a legitimate argument can be made to freeze that funding for cities acting as immigrant shelters and magnets for illegals. As for the movie a day without mexicans is a farce . Look what happened when the companies were raided. Americans took the jobs they and the Bush and Fox cabal said nobody else wanted. If there were this sudden rise in prices of goods it would be more than offset by the savings from the decline in cost for hospitals, that are closing left and right, prisons, and construction of new schools, not to mention all other supportive services. This would ease the pressure on the middle class which is bouying the economy. So who is kidding who.
I hope Conneticut wakes up or it will be just another stick in the mud state by the end of the decade, and Whites and Blacks will really need some affirmative action protection.
Demagnetize the magnet and the particles will fall off Penalize the employers and cities aiding and abetting and they will go home on their own.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Its funny how possesive someone gets of foreigners "invading" their country. The only thing that seperates a citizen from a non-citizen is place of birth. They are human beings just like the other 6 billion people in the world. We want America for ouselves, screw the rest of you seems to be the general attitude. Why not make these people citizens? This would force them to pay taxes on the income, allow them to continue working and provide a better opportunity to them and their families. Its like these people are viewed as lesser individuals because they risked their liberty for their family and own future. These are the kind of people that make capitalism successful. Risk takers, dreamers, those willing to get their hands dirty. I would rather have these "criminals" guilty of crossing an imaginary line in the sand than some of the citizens in America.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
Do you really think that almost 4 million illegals drain our economy?

Yes. Who pays for their medical bills at the emergency rooms? Wellfare for the children they give birth to here?

Originally posted by scooler1
Yeah, they do send a majority of their money earned back to their families in Mexico but where do they buy their clothes and food?

Who did they steal their job from? That's right, American citizens and legal immigrants could be working those jobs.

Originally posted by scooler1They don't all travel down to Mexico for these things, they spend their money here, in the US. I am almost positive that if these 4 million people were to up and vanish several companies would see a drop in their earnings.

Your numbers on the illegal immigration populous is quite low. I believe it is more like 13 mil conservatively, and over 20 mil most likely. It's hard to keep track of someone who is here illegally. Companies that have hired illegal aliens should see a drop in their earnings, and it serves them right for breaking the law.

Originally posted by scooler1Also, if fresh produce is something that you enjoy, it would become really expensive because I am sure that no american would pick oranges and lettuce for the wage that is paid to the illegals that do it now. Ever stay in a hotel and love it when after a day of sightseeing or business meetings you can come back to a clean hotel room with fresh towels? Well, I guarantee that if an american was your hotel maid you would see it reflected in a higher hotel bill. These are just some of the examples of how the "dirty illegal aliens" in this country affect our daily lives.

You are making excuses. They hurt the American middle-class by stealing American jobs. Do you realise what damage they cause by taking over many construction jobs? These are what used to be high-paying jobs that Americans were more than willing to do. And now you think it's OK that they go ahead and take over farmers' job as well.

Originally posted by scooler1Do me a favor, colloneh7, go rent "A Day Without A Mexican." It is a tounge-in-cheek movie but there is a lot of truth to what it is saying.

No thanks. Are you for amnesty for illegal aliens? If so, when amnesty passes, where will we get cheaper labor from? Will Mexico flood America? What will the Americans do for work? The corporations will all hire the cheapest labor out there, and Americans will be forced into poverty due to labor wages being driven down. You don't see that?

Well, I've seen it in action, already. NO THANK YOU!

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Colloneh7]

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Colloneh7]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
Its funny how possesive someone gets of foreigners "invading" their country. The only thing that seperates a citizen from a non-citizen is place of birth. They are human beings just like the other 6 billion people in the world. We want America for ouselves, screw the rest of you seems to be the general attitude. Why not make these people citizens?

You are so right! Why not make the whole planet America? We should just get rid of America right now!

Hey, I got an idear. Let's form a one world government, join hands, and sing and dance. We'll call it a New World Order and tell everyone how we are all the same, religion is bad, and do exactly what the government says. And hey, if we ever get over-populated, and some scientist or world dictator gets a Malthusian bug up their butt, we won't have to worry because they'll just slaughter us in a mass culling.

Happy times.

top topics

join