It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hello! My name is Eighty59 and like a majority of people out there, I'm a new member with the same old story ("I've been watching you guys for forever....decided to post..etc."). I've been wanting to become a member for quite some time but felt timid to take the plunge. Then something happened the other day that made me take that final jump....

Last week (forgive me, I can't find any links to help my post) the Dow Jones Industrial average closed at "14000.41". It's the same frontwards and backwards. I'm no mathematician but surely the odds of this happening are rare? Right? So I'd like to know if there are any conspiracies out there regarding the DJIA/DOW/Stock market? Thanks! (I really didn't know where to ask this...this website is HUGE!!! Wish we me luck finding my way out
)

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Whatever conspiracy exists for the stock market sure didn't work today. The expected profit taking and sell-off pushed it back down again.

The U.S. stock market is the most democratic institution in America today. 70% of all securities are held by individuals, with nearly 50% in lots of less than 100 shares. Forget that corny corporate oligarchy conspiracy whacktalk about the stock market. Large corporations are now only a minor player. The U.S. stock market is owned and controlled by the average Joe Paycheck, with his IRA, 401k, pension fund, and his personal savings.

new topics

join