It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Martial Law Plan Is So Shocking, Even Congress Can't See it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
External Source:Propaganda Matrix

President Bush's post-terror attack martial law plan is so shocking that even sitting members of Congress and Homeland Security officials are barred from viewing it, another example of executive über alles and a chilling portent of what is to come as constant reminders of the inevitability of terror attacks reverberate.

Congressman Peter DeFazio (D - OR) was asked by his constituents to see what was contained within the classified portion of the White House's plan for operating the government after a terrorist attack.

Since DeFazio also sits on the Homeland Security Committee and has clearance to view classified material, the request would have appeared to be routine, but the Congressman was unceremoniously denied all access to view the documents, and the White House wouldn't even give an excuse as to why he was barred.

The Oregonian

What is the white house planning that would enable such a declaration to go into effect, and what can the average man or woman do when their congressman is unable to even challenge the white house power to view a martial declartion that could end the rights of the Us citizen.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have this feeling of underlying dread. I'm constatly checking the news to see if today is the day that Bush will wrap his blood soaked hands around the neck of America. When the steam pipe ripped through the city streets last week the only thing I could think is, "Is this it? Is this the event that will crush our remaining freedom?"

It's a large concern for me. Is there anything that Congress can do to counter-act this threat to America before it becomes a reality? Can congress revoke a Presidential Order? Or at least put limitations on the Order? Sure, our troops are over seas "protecting our freedom" from those who "hate" it, but who's to protect us here in the states?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This tells me the worst of our nightmares are going to come true. At the very least it will be the instant dictatorship of one George W Bush and this just makes me sick.
What could be the worse case scenario? Probably everything that will take place once he establishes the dictatorship.

what the hell is wrong with congress, this nation, this world, doesnt anyone care?
Conspiracy
(nervous laugh) If only it were. There are no more conspiracies anymore. These are facts, my friends.

I call for that hag, Pelosi's HEAD. That would be MY first request.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hey it'll be alright. Freedom shmeedom. Who needs it?

Makes me think of my Bill Hicks.

"I think the puppet on the right really shares my beliefs"

"I think the puppet on the left really shares my beliefs"

"Hey, wait a second there's one guy holding up both puppets."

"Go back to bed America. Your Government is in control."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wth. my edited portion disappeared??

since i don't feel like retyping it all i was just remarking about the ads the run alongside the threads here. One of them is selling FEMA trailers from Hurricane Katrina and how thats rather funny seeing as how they've been poisoning people with formaldehyde.

Hilarious.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by merryxmas]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have said it before and I'll say it again.....

The Bushes are NOT to be trusted and GW is the craziest of them all ! that boozing psychopath is destroying the USA and I bet that nutjob is somehow going to declare martial law at some point to ensure his continued running and ruining of this once great country.

if you voted for that fool you have no one to blame but yourself and you should be ashamed !!

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
wth. my edited portion disappeared??

[edit on 25-7-2007 by merryxmas]

I find if i press preview post after editing, it loses the edit

I've lost some good work that way..

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Let's face it we all know what needs to be done, who's going to be the hero. Thought so

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Bush Jnr doesn't control anything, hell I'm sure even his dad thinks he's a dumbass.

As mentioned above, he is merely a puppet.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
if you voted for that fool you have no one to blame but yourself and you should be ashamed !!
[edit on 25-7-2007 by Alpha Grey]

The people who voted for him are not to blame. He lost the popular vote and still became president, so we will have to find someone else responsible. I too, have this feeling of dread, reading the news in the morning I expect to see something catostrophic to put into plan all the things I have been reading. But I can't help but wonder if its because I have been reading this site, or if my feelings started before this and I was looking for answers?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Book of St. Luke
21:12

But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

21:16

And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

If the military was used to enforce martial law on American citizens, would people not be betrayed by their own? I believe Jesus told us of these days and it looks like the things he described are coming true.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
man, I didn't want to believe any of this military state in america stuff when I first heard about. i knew it was a possibility but i stayed optimistic and told myself that it wasn't likely. but now it seems that illusion has faded away with the wind. The end is near. it'd be a miracle if we even get to witness the 2008 elctions. peace be with you all.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I, for one, welcome our new Overlords.

Hey for everyone boohooing this it's for your own good. The GOP said they wanted a permenant republican rule and I'm sure their intentions are pure. A 1 party system is what they had in Soviet Russia and it worked wonders for them!

I find if i press preview post after editing, it loses the edit
I've lost some good work that way..

Yep, that's what happened. This is working as intended??

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
Book of St. Luke
21:12

But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

21:16

And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

any chance you could save the religious drivel for the religion forum ??

once you make a bible quote I stop reading. the bible is junk.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Megadeth, thanks for that spirit check. I know that the bible is not the most popular source of reference in many intellectual circles, yet I do find myself curious as to why rage and anger is the instant response to even a casual mention of relevant material from it. If you don't believe in God and your view is real-world correct (or even if there's no way this God supplied the bible), then calm down, nothing is going to happen. But people who do believe may actually have something to add to the conversation, and ultimately the intellectual quest.

Yes, some of the most hateful and horrific SOB's in history have taken the bible and used it to destroy good folk since it came out in 1611, yet one simple little question nags and hags in my head, and no one can answer it for me, at least not in a satisfactory, "ok, that makes more sense" manner:
"How is it still predicting the future?"

While seeming almost conclusively to be a collective work of mostly fiction after much personal study of its origins, the writings still manage to supply a quick glimpse into tomorrow's news headlines. And I'm already familiar with the associative concept of looking for something long and hard enough until you find it (even if the "find" is only mental); that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm not a bible-thumper (anymore) and haven't been for over ten years, but during that tenure I learned a lot about bible prophecy, and was always on the lookout for the next big, spiritual event to support my side of understanding. Now, after much heartache and loss and hypocrisy, I no longer give a damn who is right, just let's move forward and make some sense along the way (still waiting on the "sense" part)

But even so, I still can't ignore that every single time the bible used the term "last days" it gave a description matching our worldwide escalations in violence, nature and the unexplainable which we are so shocked and dismayed from every single day. The book of Revelation, once extremely bizarre to read, now seems more at home in this present (and the foreseeable) climate.

Angry atheists, I'm not interested. None of us should be in this thread to do battle over religion. I respect you, and I respect all, but unless somebody can put some science on who knew all this 2 and 3 thousand years ago, then I have to assume that Somebody who does know wtf is goin on (and going to happen) had those manuscripts penned over time.

I have somewhat of an armchair clairvoyant gift, but that said, I would be hard-pressed to accurately predict what is going to happen this afternoon, far less would I be able to detail what will jump off in the year 2200, or any future year...

[edit on 04/12/2007 by OptionToChoose]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Many of us see what's coming. As the plans come closer to fruition, their intentions become more visible. All it takes is another "terrorist attack" in one of our big cities and we'll see Bush step up as supreme ruler.

America is going to change. It's coming to a tipping point. I think most of us are going to want our good old fashioned American freedom back, even at the expense of security.

To hell with the police state.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My God!

So many people, so many here on this forum are scared. And what are you doing about it? Complaining on this forum and cry out like a baby. Crying out that no one stands up and saves your once so beautiful country. Do you all need a new leader? What about yourself? Why not just stand up now and stop tollerating all that's happening around you. Why not just do it? Right NOW!

Don't just sit there in your 'safe' and comfortable chair behind your screen waiting for someone else to take your hand into a form of resistance. If you just wait and wait and wait...you know what will happen? You'll all perish. And there's only one to blame. You! Yes, that's right. And NO, this is not me lecturing you. This is just my view on all you people that keep complaining and complaining and complaining untill there's no tomorrow.

Just as the neverending povery in this world. It's the biggest crime humanity ever commited on itself. Far worse than any war, alien cover up or whatever. Since man walked on this planet people are dying of simply not being able to feed themselves and at the same time we throw away tons of junk food with millions of calories that could feed entire nations. But we simply forget! And that's so sad if you ask me. If it's not on the news we just forget.

So, please. Start a sequence of solutions. A revolution if you wish. Just stop the nagging and complaining, please. This makes you all weak and time will tell you. We know about all of this now. Let's DO something now, right NOW!

Let's talk/write about this. Let's just do this. This will make us feel better, stronger and in the end happier and full of live. Like every person in the world should feel like in his life.

God I'm angry at you guys and believe me, I absolutely don't want to be.

If God created humans in his own image, we sure let him down (Voltaire 1694-1778)

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's not just the terrorist nukes a city scenario that can lead to Martial Law, folks.

There are many possible triggers including:

1. Complete collapse of the U.S. currency and the perciptiation of the 2nd Great Depression.
    Forewarning of collapse
    Another collapse scenario
    Dollar uh-oh #3
  2. Bird flu mutating to cause a massive epidemic.
    The virus within
    Gov't stockpiling flu vaccines
  3. Yellowstone or any massive natural disaster that affects multiple cities.
    Supervolcano
  4. A terrrorist attack on another country's soil, but big enough to propel the administration to enact Martial Law to protect us.
    U.S. Warns of Terrorism in Germany
    Terrorism warning process
  5. Giant earthworm like monster rising from beneath the depths of New York City to wreck havoc while residents armed with video cameras chronicle the entire dreaded attack.
    1-18-08
    (Yes, I know this is a movie. My last bullet was a joke).

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
I, for one, welcome our new Overlords.

I doubt you'll like your new Overlords once they have total control and can enact any law they think is appropriate. Such as saying "No more computers," or "No more sex". I doubt they would take away anything so frivilous as computers and it be aweful hard to keep people from having sex, but the example remains: The can do whatever they please whether you like it or not if they're allow to assume total control.

I can't see why anyone would want such a thing. It'd be like staying 7 years old and living with your parents for your entire life – (wouldn't life be so much easier to not have to work - maybe this isn't the best example) - you would have no final say in anyting.

Originally posted by Horusnow
Don't just sit there in your 'safe' and comfortable chair behind your screen waiting for someone else to take your hand into a form of resistance.

What are we going to do right now? March down to the White House and get locked-up and portrayed as a civil threat? I don't think so. Sadly, we can do nothing until Bush seizes full control. If there were any civil uprising, it would take a multitude of people. Even a couple thousand can be put down and disbanded or detained. Just look at what happened to the Republican Convention in New York. Thousands were detained and the streets were turned into Police State-like avenues. It's going to take HUNDREDS of thousands united against one cause.

Originally posted by OptionToChoose
While seeming almost conclusively to be a collective work of mostly fiction after much personal study of its origins, the writings still manage to supply a quick glimpse into tomorrow's news headlines.

I have no gripe with anyone quoting the Bible. I may not be one of them, but many live their lives by the verses written in that book. But, you have to remember, the bible was written nearly two-thousand years ago. If you don't buy into the notion that it was written "divinely" you'd have to come to the conclusion that it was written as propaganda for the kingdoms in rule at that time. Every generation, during and since it was written can inturpret and apply the stories and predictions told in the old and new testements. I think that verses will still be applied to current event in another thousand years ... if we're still here as a civilization.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horusnow
My God!

So many people, so many here on this forum are scared. And what are you doing about it? Complaining on this forum and cry out like a baby. Crying out that no one stands up and saves your once so beautiful country. Do you all need a new leader? What about yourself? Why not just stand up now and stop tollerating all that's happening around you. Why not just do it? Right NOW!

And what do you think "us people" should do. You say we should do something about it but you offer nothing except complaints about the people posting here. So you are here on this site just like us. What are you doing about it? The fact is there is nothing we the people can do about it. And the person who said that it is not the people who voted for bush's fault, I beg to differ. They should have done there homework on the bush clan.They voted for a C.I.A president and halliburton ( cheney) vice president. Here is something for all to read on our friend Cheney.

www.commondreams.org...

The good news is that bush is almost out the door, The bad news is that the united states is not calling the shots. The world order of the rich and elite run things. So dont expect any change when bush is gone. And if your waiting and wondering whats coming next from the united states government, start watching the stock market. A good example is from two weeks before 9/11. Look at the put option on stocks for american airlines and united. here is the link: 911research.wtc7.net...

And there was an investigation into enron. All the evidence of that was all destroyed in world trade center 7. Our government was negotiating a pipeline deal with bin laden pre- 9/11. It didn't go our way . By the way enron has a power plant in kabul. Its been dormant for years. They have been waiting for a cheap energy supplies. now they are back and running thanks to the new and (us friendly) government in kabul. So nobody is going to convince me that our government and this war on terror is justified. Change will come, but its going to take many years to recover from the mess that bush is leaving behind him.

www.albionmonitor.com...

So chew on that for awhile and feel free to bitch and moan about it. It is healthy for us to discuss these thinks and yes even complain. Its better than denying ignorance. So i would ask again to HORUSNOW, what is it you think we conplainers should do about it? I would love to here your plan.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The Bible continues to predict the future because Jesus was sent to us to be the light of the world. His words in the New Testament were meant for the days of the end, and I can promise each of you that we do indeed live in those days.
If you would like, please search the religion forum on BTS for a thread titled
"my story of life and God" (which I know I need to finish) to find out why I believe this.

I am kind of torn about the nWo being set up by America, and just where the lies differ from the truth, but when it comes you must know that there is NOTHING that can be done about it. It has been set in stone for thousands of years and we now see it coming.
The only thing you can do is get yourself right with God, and prepare to leave this earth and not suffer the things those left behind will suffer.

Thanks, God bless

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join